Frochy v Johnson & Ward v Abraham

Westside

Hall of Famer
I believe Froch will dominate Johnson with a UD or late KO. Too good, too young, too confident and too hungry for glory.

With Abraham there are several questions. I hope Abraham learned from the Dirrell and Kesseler fights, not to dig a hole early. He needs to crowd Ward and punish his body. No way can he win from a distance. He is going to have grind it out and never let up on Ward. If he is able to tire Ward, he can easily knock him out late. We shall see.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I can't see Froch losing to Johnson but stranger things have happened in boxing. I felt that Abraham or Kessler would win the Super Six but Arthur has been a big disappointment thus far.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Frochy will win and I think he will beat Ward as well (unless he gets screwed by the judges).

I hope Abraham wins but he is a natural middleweight and too small for the elites at 168.

BoxingFanUK

Froch is a justified favourite over Glen Johnson. Froch has some great results against great levels of opposition, and although Glen Johnson is coming off a good win (KO over Allan Green) and is a tough guy. Froch should win that fight. I do expect a competitive decision win for Carl Froch.

Abraham has a puncher`s chance against Ward, and I love Abraham, am a huge fan of Abraham but I doubt he will win this fight. Ward isn`t unbeatable (Froch or Bute would have the best chance to beat him, Id even favour Bute over him). However, I dont like Abraham`s recent form and apparent lack of boxing ability. Abraham has a puncher`s chance but thats all.

Hopefully Abraham proves me wrong. It would be glorious if he pulls off the upset!!!

That being said, this tournament has faltered from day 1 - Not including the best SMW in the World - Lucian Bute.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
BoxingFanUK said:
Froch is a justified favourite over Glen Johnson. Froch has some great results against great levels of opposition, and although Glen Johnson is coming off a good win (KO over Allan Green) and is a tough guy. Froch should win that fight. I do expect a competitive decision win for Carl Froch.

Abraham has a puncher`s chance against Ward, and I love Abraham, am a huge fan of Abraham but I doubt he will win this fight. Ward isn`t unbeatable (Froch or Bute would have the best chance to beat him, Id even favour Bute over him). However, I dont like Abraham`s recent form and apparent lack of boxing ability. Abraham has a puncher`s chance but thats all.

Hopefully Abraham proves me wrong. It would be glorious if he pulls off the upset!!!

That being said, this tournament has faltered from day 1 - Not including the best SMW in the World - Lucian Bute.

I picked either Abraham or Kessler to take the Super Six. Abraham had a very nice win over Jermain Taylor but his fight against Dirrell was disgusting and he didn't have the skills to beat Froch. I now wish Arthur had stayed at middleweight. Hopefully Frochy wins this tournament.

Some here don't like Frochy because he's part Jewish but I'll be rooting for him. He's our best chance to win the tournament. Abraham has to knock Ward out.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

The Hock

Master
Looks like Abraham has been overrated all along. The last part of the Dirrell fight gives him some hope against Ward, though I think Ward is much tougher than Dirrell. Ward is more willing to go in close, and he was rocked early in his career, so who knows.

Westside

Hall of Famer
King Aurther has a chance, if he is able to crowd Ward for 8 to 9 rounds while unloading vicious body shots. To do this requires alot of energy and will. Does Aurther have it? I don't know. But one thing I do know he has power to bail him out.

Ward is a good fighter, and contrary to some is becoming a complete fighter in every sense. At the weigh in he looked like a light heavy compared to Abraham. I hope Abraham trained for the way I think he can pull this off with. Starting late and relying on one shot at a time will end in a UD loss for him. Wishing him the best an a upset win.

The Hock

Master
Yeah I agree Westside. Abraham needs to close and throw, close and throw, but I don't know if he can do that. He's more of a block and punch guy. I just hope he is motivated to salvage something from this SuperSux tourney. I do think Ward has the weakest chin of the six (if you don't count the departed Taylor).

Well, so far just looks like me and Westide on this one. That's all right. Our guy might be in for a rough night, but Westside and I will not flag, or fail. We shall go to the end....

Westside

Hall of Famer
Funny last paragraph The Hock.
smiley36.gif
The fight will be starting in 5 mins. So far 2011 has been the year of the upsets. We might see one tonight! Hope so.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Parody I think its a CF 1st. We posted at the same time.

Westside

Hall of Famer
AA fighting the fight I predicted so far. I think he got the 1st.

Westside

Hall of Famer
AA got the 2nd as well! Early but looking promising.

Westside

Hall of Famer
AA got the 3rd, Ward has felt AA power and knows its there.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ward got the 4th. AA has to remember the jab coming forward.

Westside

Hall of Famer
5th close

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
AA known as a slow starter and fast finisher.

How does Ward keep getting fights in his home state? Weren't they supposed to fight in each other's back yard?

Westside

Hall of Famer
AA lost the 6h, even fight. AA is not jabing enough.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ward got the 7th. Probably up 2 pts. Looks like AA will have KO him to win. Ward looking good.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ward got the 8th, AA did start to try to land power shots tho. Ward up 3 pts

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ward got the 9th, AA needs a KO. So Ward is the better fighter.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ward got the 10th as well. So far Ward has fought a great fight. AA is going to have to catch him coming in. to win.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Pending a KO by AA, I rank Bute 1st, Ward 2nd and Frochy 3rd in the SMW division.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Looks like its going to be Ward v Frochy in the finals. Froch will have a much better chance against Ward. AA for some reason abandoned the plan. Maybe got tired. I say go back to 160 lbs. Not big or fast enough at 168 lbs. no matter what he says.