Former Packers

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Clay Matthews wanted to retire as a Greenbay Packer. It's a shame they didn't let him as he is the All Time Sack Leader for the Packers.
No respect to such a great player who gave his all. Here is an article talking about it.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Clay Matthews wanted to retire as a Greenbay Packer. It's a shame they didn't let him as he is the All Time Sack Leader for the Packers.
No respect to such a great player who gave his all. Here is an article talking about it.

If let's say, an Aaron Donald wanted to retire as a Ram after a long career there and had a season or two elsewhere as his playing days wound down does anybody think he would be denied the opportunity? Rhetorical of course...

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Back when White Primacy was the norm.

View attachment 3559
A Classic photo Bucky. Three of the all-time greats!! Coach Vince Lombardi, enough said. Jim Taylor who rushed for over 8,500 yards, had 84 rushing TD's and led the league with the longest TD run from scrimmage, 84 yards in 1964.
...and Paul Hornung, HOF all-purpose back and field goal kicker who scored 50 TD's. Led the league in scoring from1959-1961. During the 1960 season playing just 12 games he set an all-time record scoring 176 points.
What a great picture! Thanks for sharing!

Back when White Primacy was the norm.

View attachment 3559

That photo is at Super Bowl I toward the end of the game. Hornung didn't play, had been hurt most of the year, drafted by the Saints, never played again

Jim Taylor is playing his last game as a Packer. He was playing out his option. Lombardi refused to speak to Taylor the whole season.

Jim Taylor signed a big Personal Services contract with the expansion New Orleans Saints, played one season, retired during 1968 training camp.

An interesting photograph if you know the subtext.

My wife and I, along with our adult children, had the opportunity to visit Green Bay this summer and take a tour of Lambeau Field. It was a one-of-a-kind experience and I think they've done an excellent job balancing the stadium updates and upgrades with preserving the history. Our tour guide was great, too. He was an old-school Packer fan (White, of course) and he had a lot of interesting stories about the history of both the stadium and the team. Everyone in our tour group was White except for one Arab lady.

Football in Green Bay is an amazing story about what is by far the smallest city with an NFL team becoming such a success and developing such a large fanbase. If only the demographics of the team could match that fanbase. Imagine the Green Bay Packers actually looking like 90% White Green Bay.

A couple of pictures from our trip:

348s.jpg 349s.jpg

wile

Master
I think most of the time the no knock raids are BS, they should just call him tell him they have a warrant and will come in to search the premises and then laugh when the chode flushes his stash and frets about flushing the cash. My uncle in his effedd up years in the early 70s was the town's pharmacist if you know what I mean and the Barney Fifes of my town just let it be known they were coming and I had to hear how he flushed his smack right down the drain for nothing. FTR Uncle J. finally got his act together, took a while but it can happen.