Former Broncos Starting QB Kyle Orton Officially Dropped From Team

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm a little puzzled on this one. Elway has given every indication that he's nowhere near being sold on Tebow as the future of the franchise. He's given statements stating such . This doesn't necessarily mean Tebow will be the future. They still may go after another quarterback this draft. Only time will tell, but as long as Tebow keeps winning Elway will have to keep his mouth shut.

referendum

Mentor
I'd like to see him go to the Colts. I'm surprised the Texans arent' interested either. Leinart might do ok, but Orton would be nice insurance.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Wow, now the Chefs have another awesomely-average QB on the roster. It is possible that the Chiefs want to be assured of losing their last 6 games so that they can draft another really overrated affletic defensive lineman high in the next draft.

icsept

Master
The Broncos continue to amaze with their inexplicable roster moves. Elway always believed that Orton is a better quarterback than Tebow. He made sure Orton was the starter and was forced by public pressure to start Tebow. He watched in visible anguish as Tebow has won 4 out of 5 games. With the AFC West still wide open with 6 games to play, the Chiefs lost Matt Cassell. No worry, Elway to the rescue. He gives the Chiefs his "best" quarterback. The Chiefs and Broncos play on the last game of the season, quite possibly with a playoff game on the line. Orton can provide the Chiefs with valuable scouting information and he is certainly better than Tyler Palko at this stage of his career. The media has tried to spin the move as a Broncos show of all-in support for Tebow. John Fox says this "gives Orton an opportunity to help another team and showcase his talents." WTF?