Football is here again! Preseason thread!

woody39

Mentor
I don't get why there isn't a stat for 3rd and long conversions for WRs.

Welker would easily lead it every year.

I agree there should be a third down conversion stat thats readily available at the very least. Our guys like Nelson Edelman Welker would be high up that list.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
So is possible that the San Fran will have more white players on show tonight, may almost want them to win with Decker gone for Denver. Obviously Manning and Welker are awesome but beyond that not much to support.

Be good to see Borland for San Fran, think he will be amazing in the NFL hope he has a good game. Devon Wylie finally fit too hopefully he will put up some numbers nail down a spot on the roster. Also Vance Mcdonald should see a second year jump, just a shame Kaepernick is going to be the starter!!

Denver has been on the decline since they decided to screw over Tebow. I am a huge Manning fan but they have been pathetic with their free agency signings and coal black drafts. Elway has become a huge caste stooge negrophile.

woody39

Mentor
Denver has been on the decline since they decided to screw over Tebow. I am a huge Manning fan but they have been pathetic with their free agency signings and coal black drafts. Elway has become a huge caste stooge negrophile.

Yeah their win now mode has become 100% black acquisitions, surely the thought should of been we must keep Decker and his chemistry with Manning, would seem the logical thing to do if you are in the must win now mode.

woody39

Mentor
Bloody hell Chris Borland is everywhere, he has to win the starting job, he is always on the screen, can't keep him away from the ball.

TwentyTwo

Master
Checking some Packers/Rams highlights last night on ESPiN...the few plays shown were Aaron Rodgers nice run/slide; TD pass; & Bradford's TD....Hoping to see Jeff Janis turn on the turbo's on his 34 yd TD (5'-9" 195 DB can't touch him with an angle)...proved to be too much to ask! We get Michael Sam's 1st career sack instead....no agenda there!:thumbdown:

Tim Tebow is out of football, yet you have guys like BJ Daniels & Travaris Jackson in Training Camps...what a joke!

TwentyTwo

Master
Travis Kelce 43 yd TD reception from Aaron Murray...what a weapon!

Brenton Bersin had a nice catch earlier

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Travis Kelce 43 yd TD reception from Aaron Murray...what a weapon!

Brenton Bersin had a nice catch earlier

Yes! Klein with a pick

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I turned on the tv in my garage long enough to see a tiny bit of the Panthers Chiefs. The only play I saw was Scam Newton running around like an idiot until he got sacked.

The commentators were absolutely worshiping him. I heard them call him "outstanding, unbelievable, special player". They assured us he would "be around for years to come", and that "he throws as hard as Nolan Ryan". This was all in the only two minutes or so I had the tv on.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kelce seems to get up to full speed almost instantly.

He's still listed behind Fasano on the depth chart. Andy Reid is a complete Caste loser if he doesn't utilize Kelce as much as possible during the regular season.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some bad news - cooper Taylor has a foot injury that may require him to miss some time. Hopefully he can recover quickly.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kelce seems like a real deal. Fasano will probably be asked to block.

damn injuries, how many guys is it now?

PamelaOC

Banned
Maybe it seems worse because we're only keeping track of the injuries to white players?

dwid

Hall of Famer
Maybe it seems worse because we're only keeping track of the injuries to white players?

absolutely, for starters if one goes down its not like we have 5 White players to take the place like it is with blacks, and if there were there is a very small chance they would get a shot. Like we have a handful of wideouts, so when 1 or 2 go down its noticeable.

plus our guys tend to play through injury, if you dont you are labeled soft like Hillis because he had the strep throat thing, then had a legit injury with the hamstring, kept wrapping it tight with heat and coming back way too soon. Then you have guys like Cooper Taylor who are given the hint that they must play for their job. A minor pull might not be a big deal but constantly practicing on it will be, and it causes you to be more prone to injury all over because of muscle imbalance. LIke for the Saints, Brandon Coleman a black wr was injured and nobody said he had to play but Andy Tanner was injured and I heard people that cover the Saints and are around the practices were like "he HAS to play to get a roster spot" He tried to practice and made it worse.

I think in general our guys are tougher, so are more likely to ignore little minor things and not tell the difference between that and something a little more serious.

Right now Drew Brees isnt playing because of a straing in his oblique, its a precaution. I bet if he played another position he would be playing for sure.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i caught a brief snippet of the Broncos-49ers preseason game, and i noticed a White wideout for the Broncos who looked pretty good.

Greg Wilson, a 5-foot-11 cat with 4.5 speed from Fordham, looked VERY quick in and out of his breaks, and most importantly he got open and caught the ball. on the two drives that i watched he caught 3 balls and was open deep (and thrown to) on two other occasions but Osweiler just missed him, including on what appeared to be a touchdown but was ruled incomplete. hopefully, he will surprise the experts and make enough plays to stick around.

after looking him up though, i can't help but shake my head in wonder at how a guy like him who didn't put up eye-popping numbers in college (though he was a big play threat) or at his pro day gets an opportunity while more impressive White performers do not. i can't understand the "evaluation" of "talent" at the NFL level, apparently …

best of luck to Greg Wilson! he's got a tough road ahead, but i wish him the best.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
damn injuries, how many guys is it now?

This season is off to a shaky start for sure, especially considering it's still the preseason. Off the top of my head -- Alonso, Lee and McCarthy at LB lost for the season already, Hillis and Burkhead battling injuries, Gerhart missing over a week of practice, Abbrederis out for the season, Cooper and Decker dinged up. It's a worrisome start.

Upside

Mentor
This season is off to a shaky start for sure, especially considering it's still the preseason. Off the top of my head -- Alonso, Lee and McCarthy at LB lost for the season already, Hillis and Burkhead battling injuries, Gerhart missing over a week of practice, Abbrederis out for the season, Cooper and Decker dinged up. It's a worrisome start.

and don't forget the abrupt retirements of Ryan Swope, Steve Gregory, and Jordan Gross.

Plus, Brett Keisel, Brian Leonard, Dan Connor, Reed Doughty, Austin Collie, Richie Incognito and David Stewart are all still yet to be signed by a team.

Upside

Mentor
Kerrigan and Kruger each with a sack tonight.

Conner Shaw played really well late and honestly outperformed both Hoyer and Manziel.

Leonhard should be starting. Nice pick 6 late.

#45 for the skins Gabe Miller caught my eye tonight. Really quick OLB. Closed the edge on Manziel a couple times, plus a few solid tackles.

Hopefully Will Compton can win the starting ILB job; he played well tonight too.

Trent Murphy made a few nice plays. I'd like to see him start at DE.

Y T Jones

Guru
Johnny Manziel gives middle finger to Washington Redskins bench

While scrambling to his left, Manziel was pushed toward the Redskins sideline. He calmly flipped the bird to the Redskins bench while jogging back to the huddle.

863978211.gif

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

With all those injures to white players especially to white skill position players, are we looking at a return to the 1990's look, some of the darkest days of the NFL? If so, I won't be watching very often.

The only games I will even be the least bit interested in are the ones Gerhart, Manziel, Woodhead, and Jordy Nelson are participating in. There may be others. I have been watching more golf and baseball lately. I will rely on CF to let me know if there are other teams and or players to watch.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Speedster Nick Williams had a nice long touchdown catch from Colt McCoy. He simply burnt the afrolete with his speed to get open. Williams was with the Redskins for a few games last season so he has a chance.

7.gif

Also, the Gremlin had a nice completion to Haden.....whoops
2.gif