Even alpine sports gets diversified

wile

Master

A little bit of nothing posted for entertainment since I don't do OUTRAGE posting. I used to love to ski but gave it up nearly 25 years ago for a variety of reasons one big one was my ego since my athletic abilities started trending down in a noticeable way in my mid 30s. Anyway I was good at it and just loved the culture even on the snooty slopes such as Aspen or Vail but especially places that attracted fellow Midwesterners like Copper Mountain. Well in America 2.0 that cool friendly vibe just won't stand and here we are blacks doing their low IQ dominance routine for the nice white progressives. And it is not all on chumps like that I lay a lot this on the snowboarder culture I could almost guarantee you no snowboarders no black kids or wannabe Rastafarians and much less of their sociopathic tendencies. No boards made Aspen one of my favs since they held the line the longest. FTR first time I actually saw black skiers was at Aspen and they had $ and were quite good, strange world huh.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
It's been a few years since I've been, but out East here, Mad River Glen in Vermont I believe is still skiers only (or at least it was a few years ago).

Predictably, people have moaned about the policy being aimed at keeping a certain culture off of the mountain, but last I skiied there, no one was lamenting the lack of snowboarders for any reason. It also isn't groomed, as "Ski it if you can" has been their motto since back when my dad went up there. There's still lots of nice, friendly places to ski in the east that I've taken my family, and diversity still hasn't fully infiltrated any of them. Still a pleasurable family pastime for us, thankfully; there's precious few things that I enjoyed as a child that are left for my kids to enjoy in the same way.

wile

Master
Glad to hear and hope there still are redoubts of that culture. Well there is always cross country skiing/biathlon that would seem to weed out the 2.0 American citizens.

Just remembered last place I set my worn out skis was Eldora up in Nederland, CO up the road from Boulder. Loved that little place since it was pretty close to where I would stay when visiting relatives. Anyway place like that a smallish less touristy place on non-weekends and holiday stuff might still offer a nice skiing experience since it was not a vacation destination.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Glad to hear and hope there still are redoubts of that culture. Well there is always cross country skiing/biathlon that would seem to weed out the 2.0 American citizens.

Just remembered last place I set my worn out skis was Eldora up in Nederland, CO up the road from Boulder. Loved that little place since it was pretty close to where I would stay when visiting relatives. Anyway place like that a smallish less touristy place on non-weekends and holiday stuff might still offer a nice skiing experience since it was not a vacation destination.
Cross Country skiing weeds out moo cows too. I haven't done it since high school but the fitness you need to do that activity is insane. If you live near a trail and need to drop a spare tire do this activity 3 to 4 times a week at the fastest pace possible and you will turn into forged piece of steel by the end of the season.

wile

Master
I've never done it kind of wanted to but it was never high enough priority and where I lived and live now are not places you think of CC skiing.