ESPN begins their assault on baseball

Riddlewire

Master
I just got finished watching a nauseating segment on Baseball Tonight. It might have aired earlier this evening as well. I hope someone else caught it because this was nothing less than the beginning of ESPN's full nuclear option attack on the racial makeup of Major League Baseball.
ESPN has discovered their "fluid hips" for baseball. And more.
In the segment, the detestable Buck Showalter was describing the "ideal" traits for baseball players. He repeatedly professed his admiration for Derrick Lee's "high butt" and Derek Jeter's "square face". He went on to detail how players that didn't conform to certain body shapes have no place in the major leagues and that scouts use these evaluations all the time.
Bullsh*t.
That's just what ESPN wants to happen. Major League Baseball has resisted the forced infusion of black athletes over the past decade because scouting and player development in baseball has reached the highest level of science and art possible. The best players always beat out the scrubs in baseball, because the long and vast development process rewards results above all else (certainly not "athletic potential"). Yes, occasionally an "athlete" will slip through and retain a starting spot on a major league roster. But that's because teams can't have everything they want at every position, and, sometimes, a "serviceable" hitter and fielder will suffice if the rest of the lineup is solid.
ESPN has seen how successful the "Recruiting Industry" has been in football at artificially removing whites from the sport at all levels, based solely on body appearances, even on the infamous phantom appearance of "Fluid Hips". So the "Worldwide Leader in Sports" had to come up with a set of rules that could be applied to the sport of baseball as well. Obviously, such rules are completely bogus and no actual scouts use them. But if the fake scouting industry, such as Rivals and Scout and ESPN, etc. can reshape the dialogue of appropriate scouting, they can subvert the traditional performance evaluations that the sport of baseball has used for more than a century to select their future stars. My guess is that ESPN's particular focus is on the college game, where coaches can claim meaningless "recruiting victories" by showing off their total "star haul". It's a formula which has decimated the ranks of white skill position players in college football over the past decade. I have no doubt that ESPN believes it would achieve similar results in college baseball.
Be on the lookout for this meme in baseball coverage among all the major sporting media. If this isn't stamped out quickly, it will become "common knowledge" that "men with blue or green eyes can't hit a baseball and are better suited as pitchers". Yes, that was actually one of Showalter's rules.

Europe

Mentor
Blue or green eyes? Wow. Why not just look at a guys average, HR's etc at the level he is at?So if a guy hits .200 in high school , but has good hips they will give him a scholarship or draft him.
Unfortunately, they are going for "athletes" in soccer also.

at least they aren't having these "fluid hips, "lanky build," and the ubiquitous "length" as qualifications for being president of the United States.

Oh wait. They are.
smiley21.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire, thanks for the heads up on this. I don't get ESPN anymore on "The World's Worst Cable Package" so I didn't see it. Let's hope this kind of garbage goes in one ear and out the other. It seems the Caste garden tools are getting very desperate to come up with "criteria" as ridiculous as this.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Riddlewire

Master
It should be no surprise that all the players (except one) that Uncle Buck singled out for "body praise" were black. Among the nebulous physical traits that Showalter claims are superior were: Soft palms, supple wrists, wide backs, high butts, square heads, brown eyes, lack of facial hair, and something else about face shape that I didn't quite hear (as I was vomiting at the time). It seems starting pitcher has been designated as the Quarterback position, since that's the one example where they used a white player (some guy I'd never heard of before) to show off an ideal body trait. I'm sure Roy Oswalt, Randy Johnson, and David Wells would be surprised to learn, however, that there's no way they could possibly be successful in the majors since they don't all conform to the one exact standard that Showalter says must be met before scouts will even consider you.

Dear Buck,
May you be hit by the nearest bus.
-RW

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That stuff is sheer racial stereotying. It is odious and should be treated as such. Fortunately he is fighting a losing battle. Baseball is not so easily engineered as football. There are lots of baseball games each season at every level with many statistics. Let someone choose players based on physical appearence, then someone else will pick them based on results. See who wins. Plus black players don't like baseball. Plus they are very good at it. Look at how Oakland's "Billy Ball" was so succesful picking good players who were usually always white and ignored by other organizations. Anyway I have one word to say in opposition to this: Babe Ruth!!!!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
As to the brown eyes being best for hitters I present the top 20 hitters (batting avg.) of all time. I'm guessing no more then a couple have brown eyes.

Rank Player (age) Batting Average Bats
1. Ty Cobb+ .3664 L
2. Rogers Hornsby+ .3585 R
3. Joe Jackson .3558 L
4. Lefty O'Doul .3493 L
5. Ed Delahanty+ .3459 R
6. Tris Speaker+ .3447 L
7. Ted Williams+ .3444 L
8. Billy Hamilton+ .3443 L
9. Dan Brouthers+ .3421 L
Babe Ruth+ .3421 L
11. Dave Orr .3420 R
12. Harry Heilmann+ .3416 R
13. Pete Browning .3415 R
14. Willie Keeler+ .3413 L
15. Bill Terry+ .3412 L
16. George Sisler+ .3402 L
17. Lou Gehrig+ .3401 L
18. Jake Stenzel .3386 R
19. Jesse Burkett+ .3384 L
20. Tony Gwynn+ .3382 L

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just a little stupid post i saw from Jemele hill, last i heard she was a writer for espn. She was able to use the color of her skin to talk about issues that whites dare not touch...black privilege. Anyways here is some stupid twitter post she made:

http://thebiglead.com/?p=17466

Taco

Guru
http://www.google.com/search?q=Jeme...F-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GPEA_enUS295

This is just some guys opinion, but theres a quote that sums up how i feel about Jemele Hill. "She's made her career based on two things â€" her gender and her race. And she has never shown the first ounce of credibility regarding any issue she's ever covered."

It also talks about a remark Hill made regarding Orlando Predator fans (middle class white people).

Charlie

Guru
It's as if Bill James never existed, Michael Lewis never wrote 'Money Ball' and the Red Sox didn't win the WS with a team selected for results. Body type as a component of evaluating player potential is risible.

But the promoters of 'body type' have unspoken advantages. Steroids are legal, cheap and sold OTC in the Dominican Republic. Dominicans of West African descent magically lose an average of three years off their ages during formative years. Black Dominicans are poor, stupid and uneducated which makes any amount over $5,000 a fabulous fortune.

But there's more to come. Cuba will at some point become 'free'. The same conditions as exist in the DR will be repeated in Cuba. Arguably the only two places in the world where West Africans care about baseball.

But I think the most important thing is cost. Baseball is a business and profit margins are harmed by escalating manufacturing costs. Whites are able to bargain for better salaries, in large part because they understand full stadiums and television contracts and concession sales counter teams' pleas of poverty.

ESPN and Showalter know the script. Agribusiness 'needs' illegal immigrants. IT 'needs' Asian H1-B workers. Baseball 'needs' Hispanics of West African descent who love baseball.

I predict baseball will change the rules to hamper pitchers and benefit hitters. Aggressive pitching will become more of a punishable offense than currently. Steroids and other PEDs will be made wholly legal or allowed to become a non-issue save for troublesome players.

The business models of the NFL, NBA and Premier League have shown white fans will accept black players. And not just tolerate, but come to prefer black players.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
^^ ^^ ^^

I disagree with you about the NBA. 17 NBA teams had to borrow money last year to pay for operating costs because they couldn't get enough butts in the seats. I really doubt that attendance is going to spike this year or next year for that matter.

Feed my family and pay my utilities or spend 100's of dollars attending an NBA game? What shall I do? Hmmmmm....

Even ESPN (while they still heavily promote the NBA) gives a pretty good explanation of the dynamic. You have the few "haves" and the mostly "have nots" in the NBA when it comes to making the playoffs and achieving success. I was like - "Damn, ESPN said the truth for once."

The league has so many bottom dwellers, but the tickets are naturally still expensive because the affletes are still grossly overpaid on those teams (that suck). I'm not into prostitures but if a gun was put to my head and I had to choose to spend my money on either the NBA or a prostitute... I would choose PROSTITUTE.

I won't even get into people being turned-off by tattooed thugs that suck at basketball, can't speak properly and they are the furthest thing from eye-candy imaginable. You notice that the prettiest women (and a higher number of them) attend NHL games and not NBA games?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
As to the brown eyes being best for hitters I present the top 20 hitters (batting avg.) of all time. I'm guessing no more then a couple have brown eyes.

Rank Player (age) Batting Average Bats
1. Ty Cobb+ .3664 L
2. Rogers Hornsby+ .3585 R
3. Joe Jackson .3558 L
4. Lefty O'Doul .3493 L
5. Ed Delahanty+ .3459 R
6. Tris Speaker+ .3447 L
7. Ted Williams+ .3444 L
8. Billy Hamilton+ .3443 L
9. Dan Brouthers+ .3421 L
Babe Ruth+ .3421 L
11. Dave Orr .3420 R
12. Harry Heilmann+ .3416 R
13. Pete Browning .3415 R
14. Willie Keeler+ .3413 L
15. Bill Terry+ .3412 L
16. George Sisler+ .3402 L
17. Lou Gehrig+ .3401 L
18. Jake Stenzel .3386 R
19. Jesse Burkett+ .3384 L
20. Tony Gwynn+ .3382 L

Thanks JaxVid! The caste lackey's (yellow) bellies must churn when they see the Georgia Peach at the top of that list. Cobb was the best of all-time IMO.