Eagles/Rams Week 1

thesnowfell

Obviously, I'm rooting for the Rams during week 1. But does anyone think that they can take the game with the points? (I'm thinking Vegas is giving 4 or 5 points). Since I'm just getting back into the football mix, any analysis by the vets would be greatly appreciated it. It seems like the Rams' offensive strategy is going to run the ball down the Eagles' throat with Steven Jackson against the Eagles presumably weak line-backers (although I personally have a lot of faith in Casey Mathews, however unproven he may be at this point). Do the Rams have a solid enough tight-end to pound the middle along with their ground attack? I'm thinking about placing a bet on the game with a friend, so any feedback from those more knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated!

dwid

Hall of Famer
This isn't a sports betting site, but when I bet, I put my money on the Whiter team. I don't bet much, maybe a few dollars (I bet on these cards to where you have to get multiple right to get money, like 3 out of 3 is 6 points (6 for every dollar you bet), 4 out of 4 is 11, 5 out of 5 is 18, 6 out of 6 is 35, 7 out of 7 is 50 etc. I usually bet two cards, one card with 3 teams I am 100 percent positive with about 1 dollar, and another card with 5 to 7 teams with about 5 dollars. That way I usually get my money back on the 3 teams if I don't make it on the 5-7 teams. Usually on those bets one or two teams always lets me down by a point or two, or a tie which counts as a loss for me.

However, I refuse to bet on NFL, its much harder, the gap between teams isn't that great and the spreads always seem to be dead even, no real advantage. Ever heard the phrase "Any given Sunday", well some teams are destined to lose but they usually get at least +7 points.

Steven Jackson is getting up there in age, he has taken some wear and tear, averaged 3.8 ypc last year with Bradford reviving the passing attack. The defense hasn't been the greatest in the past.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I'm not a betting man, but I think that the outcome of this game will depend on the Rams gameplan more than the Eagles, since we know what the Eagles do. If the Eagles focus on taking away Amendola and Bradford's underneath/middle of the field game and the Rams cannot diversify and overcome it, they are cooked. Similarly on defense, if they let QB Dog Killer slide the pocket and do his designed rollouts, they will lose, as that is how QB Dog Killer is successful, similar to high school ball where the QB only has to read 1 side of the field. A defense that gives QB Dog Killer that aspect of his game is in for a long day.

S

Sumer

He'll need an injury to Jackson, Maclin or Avant to get much playing time. Jackson is holding out but it's unlikely to [COLOR=#009900 !important]last long[/COLOR]. Cooper shouldn't be used as a possession receiver, but he has a lot more talent than Avant. Jackson and Maclin are young, so taking snaps from Avant is Riley's most likely way to see the field regularly with the Eagles.

You can [COLOR=#009900 !important]search[/COLOR] for a player on Google, then Google News, then create a daily email News Alert for him. That's how I keep tabs on some players.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
He'll need an injury to Jackson, Maclin or Avant to get much playing time. Jackson is holding out but it's unlikely to. Cooper shouldn't be used as a possession receiver, but he has a lot more talent than Avant. Jackson and Maclin are young, so taking snaps from Avant is Riley's most likely way to see the field regularly with the Eagles.

You can for a player on Google, then Google News, then create a daily email News Alert for him. That's how I keep tabs on some players.

Please, tell us more about how Reilly Cooper will be competing with Avant, Maclin, and Jackson...

Avant – Left Philly for Panthers in 2014, now with Chiefs.
Jackson – Left Philly for Redskins in 2014.
Maclin – Left Philly for Chiefs in 2015.

Another Asian spammer attempting to “fit inâ€￾ but not actually peddling any product. Weird.