Drew Bennett

tnt461

Drew Bennett is a perfect example. White players do not get any respect . I am seeing him play for the first time monday night against the chiefs, and from what I see he is as good as any player in the league . Oh yea he was not draftedcould that be because he is white seems like that to me.

Kaptain

Master
His first 1/2 performance was on a record breaking pace again. It was helped by the overrated no. 1 reciever, Mason, getting hurt making drew the first option. A white reciever as a first option! First time in a long time and a record is being threatned. Mason, of course, had to do what he could to stop this and wrap his lame leg up and get out on the field for the second half.

Drew Bennett as of 12:32am now has 12 catches for 233 yards and 3tds. This guy is running the hell out of the DBs of the Chiefs. They cant stop the guy. He is making all of them look like they have broken legs or are carring weights as they are trying to keep up with him. He has great speed and is now showing it off. Its kinda funny that now Billy Volek is starting tonight and Bennett is having such a great game. He had 3 catches for I think 123 yards last game with 3 tds and thats with McNair. So Lets Go Bennett

cxt7

Guru
What a great game by bennet now over 1000 yards on season, he was a walk on at ucla as a qb didnt play receiver till senior season

So now a white WR has passed the 1000 yard mark. Now all I can hope is that Brandon Stokley can do this also. it would be great to have 2 white WRS with 1000+ yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We all know that there are so many capable white receivers who should be playing in the NFL. But at least the two who are "allowed" to play this year are tremendous talents. First a national TV audience saw Stokley get 3 TDs in the first half against Detroit, and now they watch Bennett absolutely tear it up.

Bennett and Stokley now look likely to both finish with over 1,200 yards. When was the last time that happened? Maybe back in the days of Lance Alworth and Don Maynard, maybe never. It would be an interesting thing to research.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another couple of observations about this game:

Tennessee is an enjoyable team to watch even though they're having an off-year. Bennett and Berlin playing wideout. Shad Meier, who has obvious speed and talent, playing a lot at TE. On defense, the Titans worked in at least 10 different players during the game. Safety Donnie Nickey started, and Scott McGarahan played a lot. Rien Long, Travis LaBoy, Bo Schobel, Clauss, Kassell, and a couple others played, while talented linebackers like Sirmon, Calmus and Boiman are injured. The Titans are the closest imitation the NFL has of what a real football team should look like.

The other thing is the way even the most obscure white QBs come in and immediately raise the passing game over that of the heralded black QBs. Bennett has had back-to-back monster games, mainly because Billy Volek has the kind of ability that brings out Bennett's ability.

Same thing in Minnesota. Gus Frerotte kicked butt in the passing game when he has replaced Culpepper. Same with Todd Boumann and Jeff George before him. Who doubts that Boumann could improve New Orleans offense over the efforts of Aaron Brooks if given a shot?

In Philly, rookie A. J. Feely and journeyman Koy Detmer both elevated the Eagles passing game when McNabb was injured two years ago. Rookie Matt Schaub, who hasn't played a snap in the regular season, could come in and Atlanta would instantly have an improved passing game.

I respect Steve McNair, but I hope he follows through on his remarks about possibly retiring, because with Volek or another competent white quarterback, Drew Bennett will be a superstar.

cxt7

Guru
I know when a receiver and tight endwere both over 1000......1983,1984,1986.....todd christensen and steve largent, 1984 had to be the best season ever marino and td record, 1000 yard running back (john riggens) 1000 yard wr and te and mark gastineau had 22 sacks.Edited by: cxt7

horsehockles

They quickly changed the game plan in the second half. Its funny how "the man" is always trying to keep whitey down.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm talking about two white receivers both over 1,200 yards. There's been a fair amount over 1,000 even since '98, when a 12-year drought ended. '99 was the peak year -- 4 white WRs over 1,000 yards, plus Keith Poole led the league in yards per catch though he was under 1,000 for the season. The top three receivers in yards per catch that year were white. There was an immediate reaction after that season to keep whites down, but it was a fun year to watch whites catching the ball!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
After seeing tonights game,I will go out on a limb and say that Drew Bennett is even better than Stokely and
comparable to Moss,Owens,or any of the other so called
best receivers in the NFL.Bennett cannot be stopped.They
can try to slow him down, but he will get his catches
with big yards consistantly.How does a 5'9 - 6'0 Corner
match up with a 6'5 Stud with speed.He is also very
smart to go along with his athletecism!We should have
2 receivers go well over 1000 yards and we just might
have 2 tight ends reach the 1000 yard mark to boot!What
a year!
smiley32.gif

horsehockles

I was talking to a friend and made a comparisson of Bennett to Moss. Same build, Bennett is taller, similiar speed, but my friend laughed and called me racist. I hope after tonight he might see things a little diffferent

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is no such thing.It's just another attempt by the media to promote the black physical superiority which
does not exist.Would they say the same thing to a black weight lifter in a competition?Or a black swimmer in
a race?It's a attack on white football players.Even when
we have incredible speed,jumping ability,and strenght,the
media trys to knock them down and refuses to give much
if any credit.White athletes are discrimintated against
and held down by the whole system!

speedster

Mentor
As well as this"sneaky speed"bunk did you hear John Madden say that "you wouldn't think that Drew Bennett is fast".Why John could it be because Drew is,let me guess here,white?Typical.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Madden must have remarked about his "sneaky speed" five or six times during the game. The reality is that the NFL, other than Randy Moss, has not had a receiver blowing past defensive backfields and beating defenders all over the field the way Drew Bennett has the past two games in quite some time. The fact that he's 6-5 makes it even more special. So does the fact that Drew didn't begin to play the position until the end of his college career. How many other special white talents are out there? Many, many, many.

JD074

Master
Don't forget "deceptive speed". Deceptive? Who's
he going to deceive after a 192 yard first half?
Gimme a break. And was it Don Maynard that
Michaels compared him to? How long ago did he
play? Predictably, Michaels can't bring himself to
compare Bennett to a more current black wide
receiver that the average football fan will be more
familiar with. It has to be another white player.
That's just a clumsy way to skirt around the obvious
fact that a white player is athletic. They also tend to
downplay it by focusing on anything other than their
speed and agility. The idea of white inferiority in
sports is so ingrained that people don't even notice
that all this crap is going on. It's just normal to them.

Madden's nonsense notwithstanding, what an
incredibly fun show that Drew put on. That's right up
there with the other great performances that I've
seen over the last year or so: Dirk's 53 point
performance, watching Andrei Kirilenko at the
beginning of the NBA season, Peyton Manning, and
all the great moments at the Olympics.

The only hang-up is that he did it against KC, and
that gives the media the perfect opportunity to focus
on their defense, and not on him. Immediately after
the game Salisbury was ripping the Chiefs defense,
and only giving lip service to Bennett. True enough,
KC has a bad defense. And yet, nobody has done
that against KC this year- or against any other team
this year, might I add. So apparently Bennett was
doing something right! What he was doing was
using speed and agility to beat black
cornerbacks. He certainly used skill and
intelligence, but he wasn't just "crafty" or "blue collar".
He was a-t-h-l-e-t-i-c. That's not something that
Madden, Michaels, or Salisbury are interested in
pointing out.
Edited by: JD074

JD074

Master
And what about Volek, who was an undrafted rookie
and supposedly had too weak of an arm to be an
NFL quarterback, but has been toasting teams with
the long pass! Once again, a white reserve is
upstaging a black QB; in this case, the reigning
co-MVP- and the best black QB in the game!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, believe it or not, Michaels compared Bennett not to Don Maynard but to Don Hutson, a Hall of Famer who played from 1935-'45! He went back 70 years for his comparison. I guess it'll be the same thing in 2055, when because of injuries a team is forced to utilize their white fifth string tailback and he runs for 200 yards and 4 TDs -- "This kid looks like John Riggins out there!"

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=104

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Why don't they just call him Father Time?LOL. Drew is
such a amazing story for not having been a wide reciever
for that long.The fact that he can dominate games the
way he does is even more impressive than the other guys.
Also,look at his average yards per catch and how few times he has been thrown to compared to Moss,Owens,Horn.
Bennett is the real deal! I can't wait for David Anderson
and Mike Haas to get to the NFL assuming they don't get
shafted like Farmer & others have.

JD074

Master
Wow Don, that's amazing. When I first heard it, I
knew he was white, and I knew he played a long
time ago- but not that long ago! That just goes to
show how deep this whole thing goes. And it's crazy
how transparent it is to us, but nobody else seems
to notice.

Kaptain

Master
Two white WR's near the top in the NFL? Remember that neither of them are considered the the #1 reciever on their own team. What kind of yardage would they have if they were the #1 option?

JD074

Master
Ooh wee! Amazing catch for his second touchdown
today. One more and he'll break a Jerry Rice record!
(Most TD receptions in three games)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another tremendous game for Drew. He has a shot now at leading the NFL in receiving yards! Let's see how little attention he receives again this week. Tennessee's out of the playoff hunt so there's a ready made excuse.