Draft Day 2007

GSOT said:
I am happy teh Rams drafted Carriker, they said he will play DT, which is a shame, as i wanted him to stay at DE.

Isn't Haslett still running the Ram's D? I'm not thrilled with his chances to start.

G

I count six white players.

Joe Thomas
Adam Carriker
Brady Quinn
Joe Staley
Greg Olse
Anthony Gonzalez

But I have the feeling Gonzalez was only drafted in the first round because his name is Gonzalez.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you're right, six. I must have lost a significant amount of brain cells while watching the entire first round.
smiley36.gif

White Mike

Guru
A quote from NFL Network a few weeks back "Anthony Gonzales, as soon as you see him, people think possesion reciever..."
smiley11.gif

The big thing to look forward to is if they anounce Brian Leonard as FB or RB out of Rutgers when he get's drafted.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm happy that Greg Olsen went to the Bears because his talent will be show cased on tv alot!This kid can really fly and he will be a future pro bowler.

I was really hoping that the Jax. Jags would have taken Brady Quinn.They had two chances and passed him up.It's not like they have a stud qb.

The Brian Leonard Watch is still in effect.I keep wondering where he might end up.Maybe Indy will suprise us and take him being that they seem alot more fair with regards to playing white players.

Warnipple

Don Wassall said:
When ESPN shows a player waiting to get the official word that he's been drafted, all his family and friends surrounding him are the same race as him (except the black players all have their white agent nearby).  Where are the "United Nations" groupings of all possible races and ethnicities like we see in every single advertisement?  Apparently real life isn't the same as the way the media portrays it. . .

No, actually they have their Jewish agent nearby.

Triad

Mentor
White Mike said:
The big thing to look forward to is if they anounce Brian Leonard as FB or RB out of Rutgers when he get's drafted.
Espn has him listed as FB on their scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen.

Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
GSOT said:
I am happy teh Rams drafted Carriker, they said he will play DT, which is a shame, as i wanted him to stay at DE.

Isn't Haslett still running the Ram's D? I'm not thrilled with his chances to start.
Why not, i would think we would not waste the 13th pick and not start him.

What is the deal with the Eagles picking up a 4th QB? Especially after all this babble about being "solid at that position." I guess they need a 4th QB when (not if) McNabb goes down this year.

White Mike

Guru
Espn Question "Did Chargers give up to much for Eric Weddle?" Typical caste BS.

backrow

Hall of Famer
2nd round started off pretty well, Poz, Weddle, Kevin Kolb, Zach Miller and John Beck are off the board within first 8 picks.
Bucs picked another overrated black o-lineman
smiley19.gif

Triad

Mentor
Within seconds of his selection espn had this up on their website. What caste media?
espn bs said:
Weddle's lack of ideal speed, athletic ability and size separated him from the top three safeties in the draft but he is a football player who makes the most of his natural ability.

White Mike

Guru
John Beck getting picked, Culpepper don't let the door hit you on the way out.Edited by: White Mike

Still no quarterback drafted for the Falcons. Do they really think Vick will be able to avoid Animal Rights activists? They are all howling to have him removed and imprisoned, and it sounds like they have a decent case. He would have had a better chance avoiding the charges if they found 200 pounds of crack on his property then innocent animals being harmed.

backrow

Hall of Famer
now we NEED Leonard going somewhere in second, as well as Wendling and Sabby P.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Drew Stanton to DETROIT
smiley32.gif
I love this QB, He can be at the level of McNabb for scrambling

Green Bay select...Do you thin that is a nice place for Leonard?Edited by: lumsdenpower

Triad

Mentor
After re-reading espn's derogatory comments about Weddle

Weddle's lack of ideal speed, athletic ability and size separated him from the top three safeties in the draft but he is a football player who makes the most of his natural ability.

I decided to compare Weddle's slowness, lack of athleticism, and smallness to the other three superior safeties drafted ahead of him. Below are espn's own numbers of all four safeties.

So how can a "journalist" have these numbers in front of him and write what he did and keep his job?

Eric Weddle
S | (5'11", 203, 4.48) | UTAH

LaRon Landry
S | (6'0", 213, 4.35) | LSU

Michael Griffin
S | (5'11", 202, 4.45) | TEXAS

Reggie Nelson
S | (5'11", 198, 4.48) | FLORIDA

As you can see, the other three are way out of Weddle's league and the Chargers did indeed make a reach to draft Weddle so high. Finally, can someone please define what ideal speed is?
Edited by: Triad

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Mike said:
Espn Question "Did Chargers give up to much for Eric Weddle?" Typical caste BS.

I heard a commentator on my local talk show say that, " San Diego gave up - WAY TOO MUCH - for Weddle.

White Mike

Guru
backrow said:
now we NEED Leonard going somewhere in second, as well as Wendling and Sabby P.

Kenny Irons and Chris Henry picked before our guy. WTF?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN just listed a graphic of the five fastest 40 times recorded at the Combine by running backs. Leonard should have been listed fourth but was left off the list. Another sign that he's just a fullback to ESPN. At this point it seems as if everyteamis afraid to draft him because he's a"problematic tweener." Edited by: Don Wassall

Triad

Mentor
I noticed the bogus speed list as well. espn's own site has Leonard's time as 4.52.

Where will he fall? denver, carolina, philly, chicago, green bay

20(52) St. Louis
21(53) Dallas
22(54) Kansas City
23(55) Seattle
24(56) Denver
25(57) Philadelphia
26(58) New Orleans
27(59) Carolina (from NY Jets)
28(60) Miami (From New England)
29(61) Baltimore
30(62) Chicago (from San Diego)
31(63) Green Bay (From Chicago through NY Jets)
32(64) Tampa Bay (From Indianapolis)
Edited by: Triad