Does Jacob Hester stand a chance?

At making the NFL as a tailback? He's the top runner on arguably the greatest team in the country. Should be a no-brainer, right?

If not him, than are there any other college TBs who do? Maybe Kyle Bell?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kyle Bell could do it, although he will have to stay healthy and do real well this and next season. in which case he would make it as a runningback.

as far as Hester goes... i honestly don't know. i doubt it for some reason, kid's too nice to say that he wants to play runningback and will get pushed to play fullback. possibly get some carries at first and gradually become a blovker only. but that's worst case scenario. he does play for LSU, which definitely helps his case. if he has a couple of good games, like the one last week, he just might pull that one off.

imagine Hester, Hillis, Bell and of course Leonard in NFL in couple of seasons... maybe even Woodhead...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think he might get a chance, same with Schmidt and Hillis this year. Hester is a great between the tackles grind it out RB. He has good size and speed for that role. He always falls forward, I am hoping the utlize him the rest of the year and he gets 15-20 carries a game so he can put up decent stats. Its funny I saw something about Alley Broussard who was a former LSU Rb who did nothing special against lower division competition since he transferred but scouts saying they were impressed.
smiley11.gif

Deus Vult

Mentor
On ESPN's postgame show, Lee Corso AND Desmond Howard praised Hester (10/6/07).

Corso named Jacob Hester and Tim Tebow his top to "warriors."