Dirk Nowitzki

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping the Bulls beat Miami. I think the Bulls would be an easier matchup for Dallas should they make it to the finals.

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I'm hoping the Bulls beat Miami.  I think the Bulls would be an easier matchup for Dallas should they make it to the finals.

Mavs in 6 over the Thunder is my prediction and I would rather the Mavs play the Heat since the Mavs took the season series from the Heat, both games.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'd rather see the Mavs play the Bulls. If it's Mavs-Heat I bet that Lebron will be assigned to guard Dirk and he could give him problems due to his amazing athleticism for a 6-9 SF (he also has long arms). The Heat are clearly a different team now than they were in the mid season.

If Boozer or Deng are assigned to Dirk I see them as an easier match up for Dirk (although Deng could give Dirk some trouble).

Rose is explosive attacking the hoop and dishing it back out on the penetration, but is still inconsistent sometimes. He has thrown up 30+ shots and netted less points than his shot attempts a few times this playoffs. I think Kidd is still a solid defender and Terry could slow Rose a little. Barea may give him trouble by forcing Rose to go directions he doesn't want to although his lack of size would allow Rose to shot over him if there was no rotating help.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

chris8812

Anyone seeing this?
Dirk is killing the Thunder.
What a performance. What a great player.
Ibaka has no chance on him.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The game ain't over.. and rather than being "entertainment," it has become a boring free-throw fest....

j41181

Master
Deadlift said:
The game ain't over.. and rather than being "entertainment," it has become a boring free-throw fest....
Well, not exactly, Dirk hits his last 2 FG's, and sets an NBA RECORD (24-24 FT's).
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

A well rested Dirk is UNSTOPPABLE, the 8 day rest has served him (and his teammates) well, more than enough to make that one final push towards the championship.

Van Gundy & Co. were simply falling over heels over Dirk's outstanding performance, possibly the best shooting performance in NBA history.

48 points (12-15 FG's, 24-24 FT's)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

6 rebounds
4 assists
4 blocks

Great support from the bench...
smiley20.gif

Jason Terry - 24 points
JJ Barea - 21 pointsEdited by: j41181

Westside

Hall of Famer
Terry and Barea are going to be the Keys for Mavs in Supporting Big D.N. to Championship.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Certainly, the MSM has spread it's propaganda "that you can't score on OKC because they have Perkins, Ibaka and Durant."

That has never been true during the regular season. Durant may get a few "help blocks" but he isn't a great defensive player. Ibaka hasn't been "all that" during these playoffs, and Perkins, while having good size, has never been the elite player that the MSM tells us he is. That being said, Dallas needs to win Game 2..

j41181

Master
I've seen a lot of of legendary conference final performances before and I never saw someone score 48 on 15 shots, not even Jordan. Not only was Dirk extraordinarily efficient he was doing it while hitting an array of fade away jumpers over a good defender in Ibaka. Everyone else in the league would have needed 25-30 shots to get 48 points...not Dirk. Easily the MVP and best player of the playoffs...there's nothing anyone can do to stop him from scoring.

Great performance by Dirk. He sized them up and made his shots.Then JJ Barea came in and broke the game open.
Dirk and Durant do their best Bird-Nique shootout impersonation.
Great basketball!

During the game the commentators mentioned how Dirk is top 30 all-time. I agree and he is really moving up the charts!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
I've seen a lot of of legendary conference final performances before and I never saw someone score 48 on 15 shots, not even Jordan. Not only was Dirk extraordinarily efficient he was doing it while hitting an array of fade away jumpers over a good defender in Ibaka. Everyone else in the league would have needed 25-30 shots to get 48 points...not Dirk. Easily the MVP and best player of the playoffs...there's nothing anyone can do to stop him from scoring.

In this series, I'm confident that Dallas can score, but it's their "D" that was ATROCIOUS at times. That needs to be fixed ASAP!

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Dirk can play at this level the rest of the games and win a Championship, I would say he creeps into the top 25 with that shiny new ring.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It's Dirk's year guys!!!!

texasheat

WOW!! That is all I can say. Dirk's performance was legendary tonight and Barea was "no slouch himself" (to steal a line from Caddyshack). What a game! Go Mavs!!

Westside said:
If Dirk can play at this level the rest of the games and win a Championship, I would say he creeps into the top 25 with that shiny new ring.

A ring would really help him out. You can then put him up there with Dr. J, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Bob Petit as great players with a ring. If he plays a few more years like this then he will be top 15 or so. He would be right there with West, the Big O, Olajuwon, Duncan, Kobe, Stockton, Baylor, Dr. J, and Moses Malone, and just behind MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, and Shaq.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I think Dirk can become a top 10 all time player with a ring and with a move up to 5th-7th on the all time scoring list. He could potentially even jump up ahead of Jordan in scoring (although Kobe is ahead of Dirk already and younger) if he can maintain this kind of dominance until age 39. If Dirk was to do this and- however unlikely, get 3 rings and hit just a few more late 4th quarter heroic shots in the playoffs he'd arguably be in the top 5 players of all time. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

guest301

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:

I agree and lets not forget the four blocks Dirk had last night for those who say he contributes little on defense.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
j41181 said:

I agree and lets not forget the four blocks Dirk had last night for those who say he contributes little on defense.

His defense has improved a lot since he came into the league. He wasn't a very good defender early in his career but now he's pretty good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I got to see most of the game. Dirk was sensational. One of the finest basketball performances that I have ever had the pleasure to watch. He is far higher than a top 30 player already in my opinion. He still does this night after night. Dirk is also a great leader and very unselfish. He could have scored 60 last night if he shot as much as guys like Kobe, Durant, and Lebron. What a game. Keep it up Mavs.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It's still early in the series, but it's nice to see that Nowitzki is getting attention as being a totally legit superstar, regardless of race.

Can you imagine the accolades this dude would get if he were Hispanic or Black?

He's been getting it done, game after game, for the better part of a decade or more. He's the real deal.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
After the game Kevin Durant was asked why Nowitzki is so good or something of that nature. He gave a stupid response, "He's 7 foot and shoots fadeaways of one foot." A ridiculous statement since his all around game is unbelievable.

j41181

Master
Dirk got to the line 24 TIMES, that's not someone just shoots, that's someone who can score, makes plays.

Dirk is (to me) one of the best ever in drawing fouls.