Dirk Nowitzki

JD074

Master
We should have a new thread for him. He had 35 points, 11
rebounds, 3 blocks and 3 steals last night against Denver,
including the game winning 3 point play (fouled on a lay up).
What a sensational season this guy is having. And kudos to
Coach Nelson and his coaching staff for nurturing his talent all
these years when a lot of coaches wouldn't have. And for
making him the go to guy. With Michael Finley, Jason Terry,
and Jerry Stackhouse also on the team, it's clear that Dirk is
"The Man," as it should be. Go Dirk!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What impresses me so much is that he hits the boards
every night.Dirk is averaging 10 rebounds per night.
He has also worked really hard on his defense.He is
blocking more shots the last few years and gets alot
of steals for a big man.I really hope he leads the nba
in scoring.What a joy he is to watch!

j41181

Master
DIRK has already earned his place in NBA HISTORY! Title or No Title, shame though about 2006. Love him, Hate him, Appreciate him while he's still around. You won't see another WHITE dude score 20-25 points night in-night out for another 20-40 YEARS!!! He is Dirk Nowitzki, not Larry Bird, there will never ever be ANOTHER Dirk Nowitzki!!

The things I wrote about Nowitzki and other White Players, it's not a racial thing at all. It's based on what I generally see in American sports. There are actually many whites involved in sports not just in basketball (NCAA Hoops that is), but also in the NFL (NCAA also), MLB, NHL, and etc...It's the fact that sporting SPECTATORS are largely WHITE, y'know, WHITE AMERCIANS like being entertained, like COUCH POTATOES, let people like the BOSTON CELTICS, LEBRON JAMES and BARACK OBAMA display their awe inspiring flair and talents for them, just ask OBAMA GIRL. I have nothing against BARACK OBAMA, if he does a wonderful job for AMERICA, then KUDOS to him, but time will be the ultimate jugde for him. As for Whites in the NBA, DAVID STERN and CORPORATE America care for cash only, not White player presence, they want the best TALENT available now they are bringing in the CHINESE like YAO MING and YI JIANLIAN. It's a shame that the U.S.A despite having a large WHITE POPULATION has "very little involvement" in the NBA and NFL. The MLB is being overtaken by BROWN Hispanics, with Whites (White Hispanics included) barely holding on. The NHL is White-dominated, but losing popularity. WHITES to me have become lazy not only in sports, but now in politics. BARACK is one of the SEXIEST MAN ALIVE, shame on his WHITE predecessors. The SEXIEST PRESIDENT Ever, Hellujah!! Praise the Lord!!! Free at Last, We are Free at Last!!! It's a great new age for America, and a bleak future for Whites in the NBA. I'm not being racist, if there really is equally in AMERICA, then why are WHITE CHRISTIAN AMERICANS being labeled the MOST EVIL PEOPLE on Earth?!? Thank you very much! HAPPY THANKS Giving, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY New year and Good will (if there is any left in AMERICA) to all men of ALL RACES. PEACE MAN!!!

j41181

Master
Thanks for the concern, icsept. But I've never been stoned in my life and never will be. I guess I went OVERBOARD with my unusual RHETORIC.

Any way about Dirk Nowitzki, I'm not really a fan of him, just a casual BELIEVER. I'm just sick 'n tired of seeing a UNIQUE player like him get criticized time 'n time again. I know you can't please everyone, but give the guy some much needed respect. Yao Ming may have the FANFARE, but does not have much NBA success to date. Dirk in my opinion is an underrated ALL-TIME GREAT.

Again anyone can either: Love him, Hate him, or Appreciate him while he's still around. You won't see another WHITE dude average 20-25 points for an ENTIRE SEASON for another 20-40 YEARS!!! LOOK at his CAREER STATS, and tell me if I'm joking.

His other White Contemporaries like P. GASOL and STOJAKOVIC, are not consistent enough, BARGNANI is still a big question mark to his true potential, GINOBILI is a super 6thman, NASH is a PG, AK-47 can do anything but never is a great scorer.

Somewhere in the next 20-40 years, there may be a special white dude who might come along to pick up the TORCH left by Nowitzki long after his retirement. To establish his own NBA LEGACY. Later.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
WowA.D..D to the max if you're not stoned.

j41181

Master
Dirk Nowitzki together with his best bud, Steve Nash, are hands down the two BEST WHITE PLAYERS of this DECADE, and of their GENERATION.

He together with Nash may also be the last two white players ever to win the NBA MVP award. That will not happen again for a VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME.

Finally, Dirk Nowitzki, may be the last white dude with a 20+ points CAREER SCORING AVERAGE.

That especially will not happen again for a VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME. Later.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Dirk Nowitzki together with his best bud, Steve Nash, are hands down the two BEST WHITE PLAYERS of this DECADE, and of their GENERATION.

He together with Nash may also be the last two white players ever to win the NBA MVP award. That will not happen again for a VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME.

Finally, Dirk Nowitzki, may be the last white dude with a 20+ points CAREER SCORING AVERAGE.

Why do you come in here with negative posts? How do you know that another white will not win the MVP for a very long time? I sense that you are a troll and nothing more.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Why do you come in here with negative posts? How do you know that another white will not win the MVP for a very long time? I sense that you are a troll and nothing more.

How did you even ascertain meaning from those posts? I can't find an argument or coherent opinion anywhere. Seriosuly friend, what is your purpose / stance with these posts?

tippycat

whiteathlete33 said:
j41181 said:

tippycat

The original poster has a point, regardless if he is high.lol. Before you call him a troll, one must refute his claim. What White player will match Nowtzki in the future? Ming is the best hope. Bogut and Morrison were high draft choices. Neither will avg. more than 15 a game, and that would be a miracle. I find the poster correct. If he wasnt high, maybe he found JUNGLE JUICE. Peace to all.

j41181

Master
OK fellows, I am indeed STONED, a TROLL, and I found JUNGLE JUICE. LOL.

I could be TOTALLY WRONG about my STATEMENTS. But Let's Look at RECENT NBA History:

It took 19 years (1986-2005) before another white dude (NASH) won the NBA MVP AWARD, it took 11 years (1992-2003) before another white dude (DIRK) scored 2,000 points in season.

It's been 13 years (1995-present) since a white dude (TOM CHAMBERS) had 20,000+ career points, 14 years (1994-present) since a white dude (BILL LAIMBEER) had 10,000 career rebounds.

John Stockton is the only white PG with 8,000-9,000+ career assists (he has 15,000+ of course). It's been 30 (1978-present) years since a white dude (PETE MARAVICH) LED the NBA in SCORING. And it's been 20 years (1988-present) since a white dude (LARRY BIRD) averaged 30 PPG.
in a season. Stockton is the most recent white dude with 10 ALL-STAR Game appearances.

I hope DIRK can make 20,000+ career points, make 10 ALL-STAR Game appearances, and win an NBA TITLE of course.

I hope NASH can make 8,000-9,000 career assists, make at least 2 more ALL-STAR Game appearances (not with CHRIS PAUL around now), and win an NBA Title too.

I hope most of all, that another white dude, if not SEVERAL MORE will come along in such SHORT NOTICE to carry on the NEW SUCCESS FOR NBA WHITES set by DIRK 'n NASH.

The NBA has to be 45-45-10 in proportion of Black players, White players, and ASIAN PLAYERS.

SAYONARRA! Peace to all!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
"The NBA has to be 45-45-10 in proportion of Black players, White players, and ASIAN PLAYERS."

I've done similar theorizing on what the racial numbers of different professional leagues should be. But what about Native American or Mestizo players? You're forgetting them aren't we.

Why 45% black. My personal theory is If just between 100% black and 100% whites I would say the NBA should be more like 65% white to 35% black. But when you combine other groups there is no way that the league should be 45% black. Blacks make up only about 13% of the U.S populous.

My only reasoning that blacks should be over-represented is because of extreme interest in urban school yards and the fact that blacks have a longer reach for their body proportions on average. There are also a higher percentage of blacks in the NBA that aren't afraid to aggressively drive the lane. Not sure if it's genetics, the way players are officiated racially, the black's tendency for reach advantage or mental conditioning of black players feeling comfortable to be the team leader because they are by far the majority in the league or a mix of these factors.

Of course we also have the unfair reports of how white refs send white players to the line more than black refs. I guess only white refs can be racist right?

The media's obsession with black athletes has caused unfair refereeing in the NCAA tournament of late. Refs are now afraid to objectively ref white players!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
But what about Native American or Mestizo players?

If there is an AMERICAN INDIAN prospect in basketball or any other sport in the U.S., then I'm for it. But the question is, "IS THERE?"

It's like a FANTASY MOVIE were there is a MYSTICAL TASK for them to go where no AMERICAN INDIAN has gone before.

The same is true for HISPANICS (White, Black, Indian, Mestizo (mixed) alike). Hispanics are really more into BOXING, SOCCER, and BASEBALL. Again if there any HOOPSTER propects, I'm for it also.

The sporting Caste system needs to be eliminated. Whites have shown time 'n time again that they can excel in any sport if given the opportunity, without being labeled INJURY PRONE, SLOW, and NONATHLETIC by the biased SPORTING MEDIA, and cash greedy CORPORATE AMERICA.

Same is true for AMERICAN INDIANS and HISPANICS (White, Black, Indian, Mestizo (mixed) alike).

There is no such thing as RACIAL SUPERIORITY in SPORTS, only FAVORITISM. Right now BLACKS are the DARLINGS of the SPORTING MEDIA, and CORPORATE AMERICA.

Later.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well I think Anderson Varajao or Carlos Arroyo might be "part Native American" (ie. Mestizo). If I were to fairly account for all the races and level of interest. I'd slot the league something like this racially.

55-60% white, 25-30% black, 7-10% Asian, 5-10% Latin Mestizo/ Native American.

And any player that is 1/4 black or more I'd count as black because the media castes them as such.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
Fair enough.

I wonder if genetics will play a role in sports someday?

Clone Larry Bird, John Stockton, Dirk Nowitzki, and Steve Nash that is, or create WHITE VERSIONS of Lebron James, and Michael Jordan. Let's let the scientific community decide. I'm Joking Okay. LOL.

j41181

Master
DIRK so far is the ONLY White Guy averaging over 20 PPG.
He has been so now for the past 2 years. With PAU now in LA and PEJA half the player he use to be, we can only hope that guys like BARGNANI, BOGUT, KAMAN, and even BIEDRINS can morph in to 20 PPG. scorers in the near future.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Those guys you mentioned are definetely capable of scoring 20 points a game. Another guy who has the capability but probably never will reach it is Morrison. Joe Alexander is another possibility in several years if he gets playing time.

j41181

Master
Right on. I have GREAT NEWS, SPENCER HAWES is getting BIG TIME minutes 'n the best part is he's only 20 YEARS OLD. He has so far responded big time. He has a DOWNTOWN(3pt) shot, rebounds, plays GREAT defense, excellent passer, and is remarkably athletic for a man his size (7 ft.). Just in his second season, he already has a game that seems to be a combination of KEVIN MCHALE(low post moves), DIRK NOWITZKI(3pt shot). He can even do the DREAM SHAKE. If he continues to progress steadily, he will be the NEXT BIG THING after DIRK, and NASH. Best part is, he is a WHITE AMERICAN, about time. CHOO away you INJURY BUG.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dirk had 39 points tonight in a big win over the Suns. The backup point guard Barrera looked good to with 18 points. They are a fun team to watch even though I still enjoyed them more when Nash and LaFrentz played along side Dirk.

j41181

Master
GREAT game for Dirk, that ties a SEASON high.

He's on pace for 20,000 Smackers (Points).

NASH may have two MVP's, and PAU will be part of a new Laker DYNASTY, but Dirk making 20,000 points?

Not something every WHITE guy in the NBA does in a GENERATION.

guest301

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Dirk had 39 points tonight in a big win over the Suns. The backup point guard Barrera looked good to with 18 points. They are a fun team to watch even though I still enjoyed them more when Nash and LaFrentz played along side Dirk.

I agree they were much more fun to watch back then. But they were ok to watch last night as well with Dirk getting all net on most of his shots last night and JJ Barea is a pleasant suprise and it's nice that Carlisle is giving him a chance to play and shine. I still think the Mavs probably need to make some type of trade to help them get over the hump in the playoffs. The West is stronger than ever this year, depth wise anyway.

I feel bad for Dirk Nowitzki...You say to carry the team right...He should be tired of being the one constant star on a mediocre team. I'm not just hating right now, I'm just really sour. If we can't get players and coaches around him to step their game up then we need to think about LETTING HIM GO so he can get get a RING. He deserves it.
smiley19.gif