david price wins pro debut

moose

Guru
david price the bronze medal winner from the 2008 olympics 6 feet 8 inches tall and 250 lbs won his pro debut with a third round ko today.

Sean

Mentor
JD1986 said:
From the little I've seen of them, I like Price better than Tyson Fury.

Price will be good, but I think Fury will be too. I agree though, Price will probably be better. Price did beat Fury on points as an amateur.

Iron

Guru
Good thread.I really like Price,he can definitely reach world level with his talent.Hes well schooled for such a big man and pleasing on the eye technically as opposed to the eye saw many guys his size are.He signed a contract with David Haye and Adam Booths promotion company and they appear high on him with Booth mentioning a few times how impressed he is with his hand eye coordination,going as far to state triumphantly that hes better than the Klitschkos LOL which is going abit far and not a constructive judgement considering their obsessive hatred for the Klitcshkos particularly Vlad. The problem with many Black heavies now like Peter,Thompson,Brewster etc is their bad technical execution,shoddy punch accuracy and inability to put combinations together all a result of poor hand eye coordination amongst the Black big guys and with the exception of a few its always been the case throughout history although more obvious now than in previous generations.Young grassroots prospects like Fury,Price,Glazkov,Abdusalamov a Dagestani Russian all look to have these skills in abundancoe. Edited by: Iron

moose

Guru
I have seen abdusalmov fight once and he is a heavy hitter, he can punch for sure.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Price is one to watch
smiley20.gif

From what I've read on Wikipedia(not the most reliable site) Price stopped Magomed Abdusalamov, Islam Timurziev and Travis Kauffman x2.

Price pro debut video

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
David Price is taking a step up to more dangerous opposition. He'll fight African Osborne Machimana on Saturday Feb 5 in Brentwood, UK.

Don't rate Price, Tony Jeffries or Tony Bellew on the British scene personally. Price is stepping up though Machimana has fought once in 2 years and other than ending Corrie Sanders' career has done little.

ww

Guru
Parody said:
David Price is taking a step up to more dangerous opposition. He'll fight African Osborne Machimana on Saturday Feb 5 in Brentwood, UK.

Machimana is the critter that ended Corrie Sanders latest comeback in '08. CS was smacking him around the ring until he got tapped in the belly and fell down. I'm sure CS didn't do so much as one situp training for that fight.

referendum

Mentor
Price wins in three, and this was a Commonwealth title eliminator. Not sure what that means in terms of his next fight, but either way a nice step up for him.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
Price wins in three, and this was a Commonwealth title eliminator. Not sure what that means in terms of his next fight, but either way a nice step up for him.

On the same card another young heavyweight named Tom Dallas KOed his overmatched opponent in the first round.

Price is technically a very good fighter, but Dallas (13-0, 10 KO, age 25, 6'6") seems to be a harder puncher.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Well, I spoke too soon. Price is a hard puncher too!

Today, in an impressive display of power, Price KOed his African-American opponent Rafael Butler in round one!
smiley32.gif

Next up for Price: John McDermott in June.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Great news - gotta like a big guy with a strong amateur background.

Yes. Looks like we have another talented white HW contender.
smiley20.gif

from ESB:

After setting his punches up with his fast, accurate left jab, the 2008 Olympic bronze medallist landed a huge right hand flush on the Rafael Butler's chin.

27-year-old Butler went down hard, clearly badly hurt. Bravely he beat the count, but Butler was soon under more fight and a somewhat grazing left hook to the top of the head sent him down for a second time. Again Butler beat the count, but this time referee Steve Grey decided he had had enough. The official time came at 1-minute and 47 seconds.

Price is now 10-0(8).

referendum

Mentor
Price now faces another white British boxer Tom Dallas in a British championship title eliminator fight. Winner could face winner of Fury Chisora. OTOH, the winner of Fury Chisora may hope to face a Klitschko next.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
David Price won today by round 2 KO.

He has one-punch KO power with his right and seems to have very good defensive skills.

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DYLbOgvLI[/tube]

It will be interesting to see how he performs against top 25 HWs - I think he'll do very well.Edited by: Parody