Danny Coale

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an in-depth article on Danny Coale. It's quite complimentary although of course Danny is described as having "deceptive speed" and "sneaky speed" -- apparently it's impossible for a White football player to have just plain old speed without a racial qualifier being added, but it's still a nice piece. Even Caste clown Todd McShay is high on Coale, so the future looks bright for him once he gets over his broken foot.

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-co...couting-report

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Danny Coale was cut today. Now we have to wait and see if another team picks him up, or Dallas puts him on their practice squad if no one else claims him, or if the fifth round draft choice is already finished in the NFL because he broke a toe and couldn't compete for most of training camp.

referendum

Mentor
The only good part about all this is that in essence Cole Beasley took his spot, and hopefully Danny gets signed by someone else or put on the PS.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That sucks about Coale - one of the first victims of this year's white purge. Dallas did think enough of him to draft him so i would imagine he would find his way onto the practice squad. A WR needy team like the dolphins could use him.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Danny Coale was injured in the preseason and didn't make the team. However, he's on the Cowboy's practice squad and will probably have another chance during next year's training camp.

I think Coale has what it takes to be a successful NFL player. Here's hoping he gets a fair shot next year.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
This just in: Frank Beamer says Danny Coale doesn't look fast, but he is.

Frank Beamer says Cowboys will get a clutch player if Danny Coale can get on the field

The Cowboys have yet to see anything from receiver Danny Coale, a fourth-round pick a year ago. But if he can get on the field, his former coach said they will see a clutch player.

“One time, I was asked, ‘How does that guy always get open?’ †Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer said. “Plays develop and plays develop and plays develop, and there’s Danny wide open – I don’t know how many times that happened at Tech.
“He’s fast, but you just look at him, you don’t think he is. He sneaks up on you. I think people underestimated his speed sometimes. But he catches the ball. He gets open. And he’s got some toughness to him.â€

Beamer found time to answer a few Cowboys questions Sunday in Martinsville, Va., where he was scheduled to drive the pace car for a NASCAR race.

He said he has not spoken to Coale since the Cowboys drafted him, but he knows his former player is doing his best to be ready for the season. A broken foot in the offseason and a hamstring problem in training camp were two of the reasons Coale wound up spending the entire year on the practice squad.

“Just knowing Danny, he’s always a very positive guy, always a guy that rose to the occasion,†Beamer said. “I’m pulling for him hard, I can tell you that.â€
The Cowboys have another Virginia Tech player on the roster, tight end Andre Smith, who went undrafted in 2011 but signed with Chicago and then spent last year with Indianapolis.

“Another great kid – really pulling for him,†Beamer said. “Hope everything will work out great. That’s the one thing at Virginia Tech I’m as proud of as anything – the type of player we have in our program: really good kids, great character, want to be successful, want to work hard. Andre is a good example of that.â€

But it may be a longshot for more Virginia Tech players to be drafted by Dallas this year. Beamer said the Cowboys haven’t contacted him about any of his players and that he does not know if they have interviewed any.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Geez Beamer is such a caste whore.:doh: I hope Virginia Tech flops again in the ACC.

I'm wishing Danny a fast recovery I know that if he stays healthy he is more than capable of making some plays. And IMO he is the 3rd best receiver on his team even though he is buried on the depth chart to more appropriately looking players..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the odds are now against Coale having any kind of NFL career. He can't afford to miss part or all of a second season because of injury:

Danny Coale said swelling in his knee has kept him sidelined since the Cowboys’ first practice of training camp.

Coale was in attendance Tuesday morning for the Cowboys’ special teams walkthrough, but he did not participate. He said the plan is to let the swelling subside before he returns to the field.

“It just happened the first day for whatever reason, you can’t really pinpoint it,†Coale said. “We have it under control, and (the swelling) is going down. The smart thing is just to wait for it to go down before I go back out there and compete again.

The setback has to be considered frustrating for Coale, who was limited throughout OTA’s and minicamp after he suffered the tear during a November practice. It’s not exactly surprising, however, as Coale said swelling is a part of the recovery process.

“I hate watching, but right now you play the card you were dealt, and this is part of the ACL – I knew it,†he said. “It’s kind of naïve to think everything is going to go smooth sailing once you get out here, but hopefully we’ll get ahead of this before it causes any other issues.â€

Coale said there isn’t currently a timetable for his return, but he said the injury is day-to-day, even “hour-to-hour†at this point in time, with Cowboys staff evaluating the situation in the morning, afternoon and evening.

full article: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...L-Injury/e6af2b5e-bc9c-48a2-8dc1-7ba5553bae36

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Hopefully, this will not be a lingering issue throughout training camp. At least we get to hear from Danny Coale. Has Ryan Swope had the opportunity to address his situation? Strange how he appears to be under wraps since the reports about his concussion effects surfaced. I’m starting to wonder if he is in some sort of witness protection program.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Danny Coale has the talent to be a good NFL receiver. During the pre-draft process in 2012 he consistently ran in the high 4.3s and the low 4.4s. His best positions would be as a flanker or in the slot.

Unfortunately, he has been hampered by injuries in the pros. In 2012 training camp with the Cowboys Coale suffered a toe injury, a hamstring injury and a knee injury and ended up on the practice squad and then on IR. By training camp of 2013 he was still not fully recovered and he got cut.

When you have one injury you compensate for it and sometimes this leads to another injury. Maybe this is what happened to Coale.

Hopefully he's 100% now and will get a fair shot with the Steelers. If he does he should make the team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Coale has already been cut by the Crawfords.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

No surprise here. Its crazy how our top prospects just get buried once they enter the league. Granted injuries take their toll,but overall white men need not apply.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is good news for Danny. The Rooney Rulers were never going to give him a chance to make the team. Hopefully he still has time to sign with another squad and play in a few preseason games.

As an aside, why would any team cut a guy without even playing 1 preseason game first? I can't imagine Danny was that terrible. Maybe he had injuries stacking up again?