College Hoops Season 2023-24

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Top 25 looking good!

Tennessee Vs Wisconsin tomorrow night! Vols with their 2 who have been mentioned.

Badgers will start Klesmit at SG, Wahl at PF, and Crowl at Center. Sharpshooter Ess3gian will be 6th man. Gilmore at Forward should also be one of the first off the bench. Keep an eye on Freshman PF Nolan Winter. 7 footer from same HS as Wahl and Reuvers in suburban Minneapolis. Gus Bus debut has been delayed. Family issues, hoping he doesn’t transfer out. So looking like 6 overachievers in Wisconsin rotation and it is a team on the cusp of Top 25.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Don’t really follow the women’s game but Caitlin Clark is an exception she’s so good. 44 points tonight against a top 10 VT team. Young lady for the Hokies had 31.

1699585679431.jpeg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Caitlin Clark is the real deal.

Dalton Knecht, who I’ve mentioned before (and tried to lure to Chitwood University via the transfer portal) was unguardable against Wisconsin. the new Vol showed he is a force to be reckoned with in the SEC. for the Badgers, first-year (black) starter AJ Storr shot his team out of it. yuck. also, the Badgers got almost nothing from their bench, which had Connor Essegian firmly planted on it for some reason.

BYU knocked off all the Upside Americans of #17 San Diego State behind Dallin Hall’s 18 points. fellow off-the-bench firepower Richie Saunders added 12, as well.

Duke and Arizona went down to the wire, changing leads and big plays. for the Wildcats, Pelle Larsson is just a really good basketball player, on both ends of the court. he even stepped up to the challenge of trying to slow down Duke’s Kyle Filipowski, because all the real affletes on Arizona’s roster couldn’t/were afraid to do it. the Wildcats pulled out a hard fought win.

Filipowski finished with game-highs of 25 (10-20 shooting) and 8 boards in the loss. he also had a couple of steals and a blocked shot.

freshman Braden Huff (of Chitwood University fame) had a hyper-efficient 19 (7-10 shooting) and 9 in just 20 minutes off the bench for Gonzaga against a game Yale squad. fellow freshman Dusty Stromer (also of Chitwood University) got the unexpected start (due to season-ending knee injury to Steel Venters) and had a respectable 8 points (2-4 shooting), 3 rebounds, an assist and a steal with only 1 turnover. he’s gonna be GOOD.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Knecht made a great decision in Tennessee. Already their best player hands down. With his size and skill at SG he could be a Top 15 pick. He’s that good.

JC nailed it regarding UWs new affletic SF.. Way too many shot attempts for Storr. Essegian injured his back in one of the exhibition games and doesn’t look right yet. Hoping he heals up and avoids the Sophomore slump.

Crowl and Wahl combined for 24 points and 17 rebounds but still missed too many easy buckets near the rim. Wahl left 5 points out there with missed free throws. Overall Wisconsin looked how i expected. Still no firepower off the bench, that will hurt them this season.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good to see BYU, Gonzaga and Arizona all off to hot starts! I noticed St Mary’s is 2-0 as well. Mahaney had a 20+ point outing the other day.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Lot of great performances from our guys last night as JC showed.

Loving the Jayhawks this year. Dickinson looks like a perfect fit scoring 18-8. On the season he’s 4-4 from downtown. He really improved in his range since freshman year when he made zero 3 pointers. Really loving Johnny Furphy, who had 15 off the bench. The FR could end up another stud like Dick or Braun. Speaking of Braun, Parker scored 10 again and is a key reserve. Timberlake, Jankovich and Wilhite all contributed as well.

Soph Will Tschetter lead the Michigan Wolverines with 20 on perfect shooting off the bench.

Assumed Rutgers would be void of White talent with Spencer and Mulcahy transferring. Well 6’-8” freshman guard Gavin Griffiths out of north central Connecticut might be emerging. In game 2 he scored 25 points to lead the way. Two very mediocre 5th year transfers are starting at guard so no roadblocks in his way. One to key an eye on.

Oregon St sophomore Tyler Bilodeau averaging 14.5 ppg and 9.5 rpg.

The other team in the state, the Ducks, are rarely White friendly. This year they start JR guard Brennan Rigsby and JR center Nate Bittle. They are arguably their best players this year.

Princeton sophomore forward Caden Pierce (brother of Colts receiver) averaging 17 points and 15 boards a game so far. Total stud.

Davidson played a rotation of 9 of 9 (!!!) White players and beat the ghetto fabulous Maryland Terps in an early season tournament game. Someone call the SPLC or ADL.

Florida has another good big man. Sophomore Micah Handlogten is averaging 15/10 so far. They have 2 other Whites in the bench rotation.

Iowa’s top 3 scorers are our guys. Sandfort 19ppg, McCaffery 16.5ppg & Krikke 15.5ppg.

Clemson also looking very White friendly again. PJ Hall is a beast and an NBA prospect. In a close win last night he had 27 points, 9 boards and 3 blocks. Schieffelin, Girard III (Cuse transfer), Hemenway and Leyte all contribute as well.

Even the usually dark Washington Huskies start 2 of our guys: Mulcahy and goggled big man Wilhelm Breidenbach.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Top 25 looking good!

Tennessee Vs Wisconsin tomorrow night! Vols with their 2 who have been mentioned.

Badgers will start Klesmit at SG, Wahl at PF, and Crowl at Center. Sharpshooter Ess3gian will be 6th man. Gilmore at Forward should also be one of the first off the bench. Keep an eye on Freshman PF Nolan Winter. 7 footer from same HS as Wahl and Reuvers in suburban Minneapolis. Gus Bus debut has been delayed. Family issues, hoping he doesn’t transfer out. So looking like 6 overachievers in Wisconsin rotation and it is a team on the cusp of Top 25.

I'm glad that Wisconsin is easier on the eyes than the football teams lately. Will have to try and watch some of this game if I can.
Let's Go Badgers!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Tucker DeVries, a 6-foot-7 junior guard for the Drake Bulldogs, is currently leading the nation in scoring after his 36-point outburst against Lipscomb to open the season. it’s obviously only one game, but that’s a nice way to start the year off. it’s not a one-off aberration, as he averaged over 18ppg as a sophomore last year. he’s a name to pay attention to moving forward.

Caden Pierce, a bouncy 6-foot-7 sophomore forward for Princeton, is second in the nation in rebounding. after playing two games, he’s averaging 15 rpg (to go with 17 ppg). he should be playing at a much higher-profile program, because he’s a very athletic player.

Vladislav Goldin, a 7-foot-1 Russian junior for the Florida Atlantic Owls, leads the nation in blocked shots after 1 game, with 5.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Tucker DeVries, a 6-foot-7 junior guard for the Drake Bulldogs, is currently leading the nation in scoring after his 36-point outburst against Lipscomb to open the season. it’s obviously only one game, but that’s a nice way to start the year off. it’s not a one-off aberration, as he averaged over 18ppg as a sophomore last year. he’s a name to pay attention to moving forward.

Caden Pierce, a bouncy 6-foot-7 sophomore forward for Princeton, is second in the nation in rebounding. after playing two games, he’s averaging 15 rpg (to go with 17 ppg). he should be playing at a much higher-profile program, because he’s a very athletic player.

Vladislav Goldin, a 7-foot-1 Russian junior for the Florida Atlantic Owls, leads the nation in blocked shots after 1 game, with 5.
I mentioned Pierce yesterday as he’s someone I’ve been keeping an eye on after he really impressed in the tourney last year. Being Alec’s brother also raises his profile a bit.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I’m surprised Pierce didn’t transfer up! He was a beast in the Tourney as you guys have mentioned!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the mostly-White Penn Quakers just knocked off the #21-ranked Villanova Wildcats and their lineup of nearly-all-Upside Americans.

the Quakers panicked down the stretch and missed a TON of free throws over the last couple minutes, but they somehow managed to hang on and earn the upset win, 76-72.

another outcome in favor of the gym rats!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
the mostly-White Penn Quakers just knocked off the #21-ranked Villanova Wildcats and their lineup of nearly-all-Upside Americans.

the Quakers panicked down the stretch and missed a TON of free throws over the last couple minutes, but they somehow managed to hang on and earn the upset win, 76-72.

another outcome in favor of the gym rats!

If teams were fair in the recruitment of white basketball players, this would happen a lot more frequently. They make it out to
be a huge upset every time it happens. It's called team basketball without all the showboating and one on one theatrics! Good
to see Team Gym Rats get the big win. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
For anyone looking for a White friendly sporting event, Creighton faces Iowa tonight on FS1 at 10pm EST. The Bluejays start 4(!!) White athletes and the Hawkeyes will start 3 with plenty others in the rotation.

White friendly #1 Kansas takes on odious Kentucky (have Reed Shepard at least) starting now on BSPN.

Edit: The game on FS1 now is actually good too. Two top 25 teams. Marquette being lead by Kolek’s 21 points and Illinois by Domask’s 18.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for the Golden Eagles, sophomore post Gold has given them a solid 7 rebounds off the bench.

for Illinois, Luke Goode is their second-leading scorer in the game with 14. how the Illini alumni must hate that!!! two White men getting quality minutes?!? for shame!

i don’t know that i’d call Kansas “White friendly,” but Hunter Dickinson is certainly their best player. in fact, according to head coach Bill Self, he’s the best offensive post player he’s EVER coached. high praise indeed.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
for the Golden Eagles, sophomore post Gold has given them a solid 7 rebounds off the bench.

for Illinois, Luke Goode is their second-leading scorer in the game with 14. how the Illini alumni must hate that!!! two White men getting quality minutes?!? for shame!

i don’t know that i’d call Kansas “White friendly,” but Hunter Dickinson is certainly their best player. in fact, according to head coach Bill Self, he’s the best offensive post player he’s EVER coached. high praise indeed.
I would. Dickinson is by far their best player. The rotation is 4 of 8 White. Timberlake, Braun and Furphy the top bench options. Then if they go deeper, Jankovich and Wilhite have been called upon. I didn’t ever think the Jayhawks would even roster this many of our guys. Maybe Self is changing for the better….

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
I would. Dickinson is by far their best player. The rotation is 4 of 8 White. Timberlake, Braun and Furphy the top bench options. Then if they go deeper, Jankovich and Wilhite have been called upon. I didn’t ever think the Jayhawks would even roster this many of our guys. Maybe Self is changing for the better….
i hope you’re right! Self has been self-loathing *pun* for a good long while.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this Iowa-Creighton game is INTENSE! fast paced, shots being fired from everywhere, blocks, and did i say fast paced?! wow! it’s only midway through the first half, but it’s already burning up the nets. FUN!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
this Iowa-Creighton game is INTENSE! fast paced, shots being fired from everywhere, blocks, and did i say fast paced?! wow! it’s only midway through the first half, but it’s already burning up the nets. FUN!
Yea it’s been a really enjoyable game. Iowa has a solid team but Creighton is just too good. They really have a well balanced and deep team. I can see another deep tournament run for them.

For Iowa, I’ve been impressed with freshman Owen Freeman. He looks confident and competent on offense. Krikke has shown an excellent mid range touch. The mid range jumper is a lost art in modern basketball.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thank y'all for the excellent early season summary/breakdowns! Looks to be a promising season!

7'-2" Kansas Center Hunter Dickinson with a MONSTER game 27 points 21 rebounds in a hard fought 89 - 84 win vs Kentucky

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I must be getting old as I was sleeping through some great late night basketball! Krikke was a great mid major pickup for Iowa in transfer portal! He comes as advertised with a soft touch in the post and midrange game to boot.

Creighton is loaded and poised to make noise this season.

Figured Dickinson would have his way with UK, as most of their big men have been injured this summer. Even healthy they weren’t stopping Dickinson!

Badgers got their asses kicked from the get go by Providence. They look soft on defense and soft finishing their layups.. Think it might be time for Gard to go.. He did call out upperclassmen Wahl and Crowl for being soft, and I’d agree with that. Finishing has been an issue. Still not much of a bench for UW which also seems to be a yearly problem. BTW Essegian is off to a horrid start. I know he’s not 100 percent but so far Sophomore Slump is hitting hard.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
@Jimmy Chitwood Ill be tuning in to North Dakota State Vs Montana tonight. Both teams leading scorers are White Guards from the state of North Dakota.

For the Bison it’s 6’5 210 pound Boden Skunberg leading the way. 14ppg and 6reb so far in this young season. Last year, his first with major minutes he averaged 15. Good looking SR. mid major Guard.

For the Grizz it’s Aanen Moody. 6’3 185 sixth year Sr. Who can really light it up. 18ppg through a couple games. 40 percent 3pt shooter.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
#8 Creighton devoured the all-Upside-American roster of cupcake Texas Southern yesterday, 82-50, despite starting 4 gym rats.

versatile guard/forward Baylor Scheierman had a near triple-double with 23 points (7-15 shooting), 9 rebounds, and 6 assists with a steal and only 1 turnover in 34 minutes. 7-foot center Ryan Kalkbrenner added a double-double with 16 points (7-11 shooting), 10 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots. the Bluejays’ lone black starter, Trey Alexander, also had a strong outing with a near triple-double, as well.

UConn squares off with the Hoosiers at Indiana today at noon.

Saint Mary’s goes up against Xavier this evening, hoping to bounce back after laying an egg in a dismal loss to San Diego State. in that game, the trio of starting guards for the Gaels went an abysmal 5-24 shooting and combined for a mere 2 assists. awful. hopefully they bounce back in a BIG way.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Clingan looking VERY effective early, especially on the defensive end. hopefully he doesn’t fatigue early, since he’s been hobbled by a foot strain for a while.

if you don’t want to listen to the affirmative action mumble mouth commentator, there’s another White-friendly game on right now; Boise State vs Clemson just tipped off.

Top performers in the top 25 so far:

SR Hunter Dickinson, C Kansas- 22.0-12.3-2.3-1.7-1.0
SO Braden Smith, G Purdue- 11.7-6.0-8.3-1.3-0.0
SR Tyler Kolek, G Marquette- 14.7-5.3-4.7-1.0-0.0
SO Alex Karaban, F UConn- 17.0-6.3-1.0-0.7-1.0
SR Cam Spencer, G UConn- 15.0-2.7-5.0-1.0-0.3
SO Donovan Clingan, C UConn- 15.0-6.7-0.7-0.3-2.7
SR Dalton Knecht, G Tennessee- 19.7-3.7-1.0-0.7-0.3
SR Baylor Scheierman, G Creighton- 18.0-6.0-4.5-0.5-0.3
SR Ryan Kalkbrenner, C Creighton- 12.8-5.3-1.5-0.3-2.3
SO Kyle Filipowski, C Duke- 18.8-7.3-1.3-1.3-1.3
FR Braden Huff, F Gonzaga- 21.0-7.5-0.0-0.0-0.5
FR Reed Sheppard, G Kentucky- 13.3-2.8-2.8-3.0-1.5
SR Grant Nelson, F Alabama- 13.8-6.8-2.5-0.8-1.8
SR Tristan da Silva, F Colorado- 17.0-4.0-3.3-0.7-1.3

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
watching the women’s college game with my little girl, and Iowa vs Drake has been VERY entertaining. Drake plays an all-White rotation, and Iowa only plays one mulatto and one light-bright-almost-White player in theirs.

for the majority of the first half, all ten players on the floor have been of the over achieving variety. both teams are playing at high speed and shooting lights out, but Drake’s turnovers have really hurt them. Iowa is up big at the break.