College Basketball 2021-2022

icsept

Master
Flipping around the channels and caught the beginning of the Syracuse (4 White starters) at Virginia Tech (not a basketball powerhouse.). They announced a sellout of Tech’s relatively small arena. Who knew that Tech opens the game with the entire arena singing Metallica’s Enter Sandman? Very cool to see college students belting out the lyrics of a great song from before they were born. Also a pretty intimidating intro if you actually had a good team.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
has anyone else caught a Davidson game this season? they start 4 White athletes and a Korean. they look and play a lot like a collegiate version of Hickory from the movie Hoosiers.

they’re currently 20-4 (10-2 in conference) and should be an NCAA Tourney team.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
has anyone else caught a Davidson game this season? they start 4 White athletes and a Korean. they look and play a lot like a collegiate version of Hickory from the movie Hoosiers.

they’re currently 20-4 (10-2 in conference) and should be an NCAA Tourney team.
Although they’re practically in my backyard, no I haven’t watched them play. Don’t watch a lot of basketball, however I am going to try and stay up and watch a little of the Gonzaga game tonight to get a look at Holmgren if this other game will ever end.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
While waiting to watch the Gonzaga game, I tuned in to the Portland College/LMU game because I saw plenty of pale face on each team, but one in particular really to stood out. His name is Tyler Robertson. Anyone here ever heard of him? Well, he torched LMU. The 6'6 Soph. guard scored 31 points. Had 11 rebounds and 11 assists! Wow what a performance! Maybe someone to look out for in a couple of years.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
While waiting to watch the Gonzaga game, I tuned in to the Portland College/LMU game because I saw plenty of pale face on each team, but one in particular really to stood out. His name is Tyler Robertson. Anyone here ever heard of him? Well, he torched LMU. The 6'6 Soph. guard scored 31 points. Had 11 rebounds and 11 assists! Wow what a performance! Maybe someone to look out for in a couple of years.

Impressive and good size for a SG! I've never heard of the Kid until now! Maybe some of our West Coast members have.

El Gringo

Mentor
I’m watching the Iowa vs Nebraska game and the Hawkeyes as usual, have lots of white guys and are dominating. Fred Hoibergs huskers are all black. Has he ever had a white starter at Nebraska?

Bohannon had 10 triple the other night!
https://amp.hawkcentral.com/amp/6735172001

edit: Hoiberg has a chinaman in there now.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
A ton of college basketball on tonight. Of note, Notre Dame sharp shooter, Dane Goodwin, with 23 points. WAlker Kessler in action vs Vanderbilt. Patrick Ewing has officially run Georgetown’s program into the ground, as they are now 0-14 in Big East play. USC vs UCLA at legendary Pauley Pavilion: still with the cardboard cutout fans?!?! No human fans allowed, nearly 2 years into the scamdemic.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Covaids has ruined UCLA Basketball! All that Tradition pissed down the drain..

Hilarious Ewing has turned his alma matter into a joke! Reminds me of the stellar job Kevin Ollie did at UConn after replacing Calhoun!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Colin Castleton is a name that’s flown under the radar here (and nationally), but he had a big game today in Florida’s upset over Auburn.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Colin Castleton is a name that’s flown under the radar here (and nationally), but he had a big game today in Florida’s upset over Auburn.

Castleton has been great at Florida since transferring from Michigan!

Belmont's Nick Muszynski is another Center that has had a stellar career in a smaller conference! Should get a sniff at NBA but even record settings PF Mike Daum was too pale for Negro Basketball League.

icsept

Master
BYU at Saint Mary’s. BYU with only one White starter; SMC with 4.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Wow. Wisconsin beats Michigan. I was thinking about posting how Juwan Howard is running Michigan’s program into the ground as all of Bielein’s White players are gone. Then he goes ape **** after the game and strikes a Wisconsin coach.

…cue the “racial slur” excuse.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Way to go Wisconsin Badgers.

For those that haven't watched alot of college basketball. I told you guys about the U of A Wildcats before the season started. They play 3 white guys in the lineup.
Two white guys start and the other comes off the bench. They usually only play around 8 players. The AZ Wildcats have only lost twice all year and are ranked
as the 3rd best team in the country. Try to watch them guys if you can. They are worth a watch.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it appears Juwan Howard has invoked the “Tom Iron rule” today ... additionally, he accepted no responsibility at the press conference that followed. total lack of class.

Phall

Master
My writing talents are truly wasted in a moment like this, because there is absolutely no way I can adhere to the very modest standards of this forum and absolve myself from the most diminutizing and demonstrative racial slurs ever known to man!

Just rest assured that my college roommates in our group text felt about 75% of my literary power and felt VERY uncomfortable. One of the practicing lawyers in the group told me he proactively deleted my messages! I directed just a slight bit of my vitriol onto him and suggested we were at a Tombstone-style stalemate!

Really though, what fun! It's the most exciting that Michigan basketball has been in over a year. Not a happy time... but fun!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I just saw what Juwan Howard did and the melee that ensued. I just couldn't help but think how no matter how wealthy, no matter their social status, no matter their coddling by the media to make them come across so noble and sage-like in commercials (lol) Blacks are simply uniquely violent. He might as well have been 15 years old on the streets of the hood arguing about who knows what. No restraint or self-control in a nationally televised game. It's ludicrous that anyone thinks some things will ever change.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
This is 2nd time Howard has tried assaulting a White HC, last time it was Maryland's Mark Turgeon.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
This is 2nd time Howard has tried assaulting a White HC, last time it was Maryland's Mark Turgeon.
Must be his White privilege getting him a free pass.

TwentyTwo

Master
Sorry don't post more in this College Basketball thread ......only twice so far this season ....(Kansas Christian Braun's steal & break-away Dunk a few weeks back)

And this post as soon as the season started Nov. 15th . Castleton was on my radar last year...he is a VERY INTENSE competitor!
6'-11" Colin Castleton (Florida) had 15 points 16 rebounds & 6 Blocked Shots to beat 20th ranked Florida State 71 - 55. Dude plays with intensity@!

TwentyTwo

Master
Florida's 6'-11" Colin Castleton had 29 points tonight in a loss to Arkansas.

Here's another Collin ....Gillespie of Villanova...17 points...the Heart n Soul of that team

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin beat Minnesota last night 68-67. Badgers trio of Minnesota born players; Wahl,Crowl, and Davidson combined for 39 points.

Phall

Master
There's a big game tonight for Syracuse at 6pm against #7 Duke. At 15-13 overall, the Orange have dug themselves a big hole this season that will probably keep them out of the tourney. Tonight's home game is an absolute must-win for them. Duke is far from its "most-hated" days, as its only white contributor is marginal 7th man Joey Baker. Syracuse's top four players are white: the Boeheim brothers, Joe Girard, and Cole Swider. Although they're clear underdogs tonight, they have the shooting to keep them in any matchup.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There's a big game tonight for Syracuse at 6pm against #7 Duke. At 15-13 overall, the Orange have dug themselves a big hole this season that will probably keep them out of the tourney. Tonight's home game is an absolute must-win for them. Duke is far from its "most-hated" days, as its only white contributor is marginal 7th man Joey Baker. Syracuse's top four players are white: the Boeheim brothers, Joe Girard, and Cole Swider. Although they're clear underdogs tonight, they have the shooting to keep them in any matchup.

Let's Go Syracuse Orangemen! Let's make Duke Puke! Run them off the court!