Clinton Woods

Sean

Mentor
Trooper Thorn said:
JD1986 said:
Trooper Thorn said:
The only time Woods mixed with a genuine top shelf fighters like Tarver was against Roy Jones, where Clinton got totally humiliated, and Glenn Johnson, where Clinton looked average in all three of their fights including their first fight which Woods clearly lost but got a hometown draw out of it.

Julio Gonzalez,Rico Hoye and Jason DeLisle weren't world class opposition.

This is supposed to be a site where we are supportive of white athletes, Trooper Thorn.

Theres a difference between support and delusion.

The post you made about the Steve Cunningham vs Marco Huck fight where Huck got totally outboxed in ten out of the twelve rounds and you said that Huck was doing fine and lost because the black ref was against him even though said ref let hook get away with blatant elbowing and clinching without taking a point, is a good example of the latter.

The opponents that Woods looked good against (Johnson,Hoye,Delisle,Gonzalez) were all come forward fighters who stood toe to toe came right at you.
When Woods, a boxer with no real amatuer pedigree, went up against slick former 96 Olmypian Tarver, he never got to grips with Tarver's southpaw stance and movement. Simple as that. Not because his friend died. Dog died. The weather. anything.

Woods is a solid but limitied fighter with a lot of heart and guts but just under world class as was proved in 2002 with his debacle against Roy Jones.

If you want to me to be like you and put my head in the sand and try to come up with laughable excuses for his loss because he is white then I'm sorry to dissappoint you.

P.S: I said Cortez's breaking up with Hatton on the inside with Mayweather was no worse than what he did when he quickly and constantly broke up Hatton and Castillo. Which it wasn't.

I'm not hostile towards anyone on this site, but you're wrong here Trooper. Huck was not totally outboxed. He was up on one card, closely behind on another, and losing by a bit on the third. He was hardly outclassed. I don't think there was a conspiracy against him either. i just think he's a young fighter with tremendous potential who was not yet ready for that fight.

woods has greatly improved since his fight with RJJ. He just didn't fight as well as he normally does. Did that have to do with Tarver's skills and style? Absolutely. But, there may have been other factors as well.

Let's face it. No one complains more about decisions and "discriminations" than black athletes. If a white fighter loses it's not unreasonable to wonder why, especially if his opponent is shown as superhuman as Tarver is. Anyone remember how Elvir Muriqi got robbed against Tarver?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If a white guy loses in a fair fight, what else can you say but that he lost? Whatever personal issues he had may have effected his performance negatively, but on the other hand some athletes use such personal tragedies as inspiration, come out and kick ass. Woods lost, and from what I saw in this fight I don't think he'd beat Tarver on a good day. Not every white boxer or mixed martial artist is going to beat every black fighter in every fight, and expecting such will lead to nothing but huge disappointment. Holding such a view is out of touch with reality.

Sean said:
I'm not hostile towards anyone on this site, but you're wrong here Trooper. Huck was not totally outboxed. He was up on one card, closely behind on another, and losing by a bit on the third. He was hardly outclassed. I don't think there was a conspiracy against him either. i just think he's a young fighter with tremendous potential who was not yet ready for that fight.

Either you are engaging in revisionism or you haven't seen the fight.
Cunningham was ahead 108-101 and 106-103. The third judge had Huck ahead 105-14, which was simply ridiculous,and the fact that you hold that up as an example tells me all I need to know about you.

From the third round onwards Huck was reduced to diving into clinches with Cunningham and trying to elbow. For the remainder of the rounds Cunningham circled Huck and potshotted him. Even Huck's cornerman Uli Wegener told Huck that he was doing nothing and was far behind after round seven.

I really wanted Huck to win that fight and thought he would after he looked great against Tokarev,at the time regarded as the best cruiserweight in the world,but he got totally outboxed and stopped.

Sean

Mentor
Trooper Thorn said:
Sean said:

Either you are engaging in revisionism or you haven't seen the fight.
Cunningham was ahead 108-101 and 106-103. The third judge had Huck ahead 105-14, which was simply ridiculous,and the fact that you hold that up as an example tells me all I need to know about you.

From the third round onwards Huck was reduced to diving into clinches with Cunningham and trying to elbow. For the remainder of the rounds Cunningham circled Huck and potshotted him. Even Huck's cornerman Uli Wegener told Huck that he was doing nothing and was far behind after round seven.

I really wanted Huck to win that fight and thought he would after he looked great against Tokarev,at the time regarded as the best cruiserweight in the world,but he got totally outboxed and stopped.

I didn't get to see the fight live, but it was put up on youtube and I saw it there.

I'm using the scoring as an argument, I just said that Huck was not "totally outboxed". Do I think he was getting robbed? No. I think he wasn't ready for Cunningham. Huck was losing, but not totally outboxed.

I'm not someone who thinks whites win every fight, and if they lose they were robbed. I can see and decide for myself. Woods would probably never beat Tarver. I guess that's why I was a bit agitated earlier, I'm just disappointed one of our guys lost
smiley19.gif
Edited by: Sean

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn said:
Theres a difference between support and delusion.

I see - when you say Glen Johnson was robbed by a conspiracy of boxing judges against Clinton Woods, that's support, but if I say the referee was unfair to Hatton, that's delusion?

Trooper Thorn said:
The post you made about the Steve Cunningham vs Marco Huck fight where Huck got totally outboxed in ten out of the twelve rounds and you said that Huck was doing fine and lost because the black ref was against him even though said ref let hook get away with blatant elbowing and clinching without taking a point, is a good example of the latter.

Maybe because you wanted Cunningham to win, you saw it that way - and because I wanted Huck to win, I saw it the other way. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between.

Trooper Thorn said:
The opponents that Woods looked good against (Johnson,Hoye,Delisle,Gonzalez) were all come forward fighters who stood toe to toe came right at you.
When Woods, a boxer with no real amatuer pedigree, went up against slick former 96 Olmypian Tarver, he never got to grips with Tarver's southpaw stance and movement. Simple as that. Not because his friend died. Dog died. The weather. anything.

I never claimed Woods is an elite fighter with special talent like Calzaghe. In fact he relies heavily on a high workrate and aggressiveness, and works well on the inside with effective uppercuts. However, he didn't throw a lot of punches on Saturday, and when he had Tarver on the ropes he didn't throw his usual uppercuts. Even people who expected Tarver to win, also expected more from Woods. He was not his usual aggressive self - he can fight better than that.

Sometimes people are distracted by other events in my life. Fighters and other professional athletes perform differently on differnt nights. Ever notice some pitchers in baseball have a no hitter one game, then allowing lots of hits at other times? Boxers have off nights too.

I'm not making excuses for him - I was disappointed in his performance - I'm just saying he was not at his best. He didn't show a lot of heart like he usually does.

Trooper Thorn said:
Woods is a solid but limitied fighter with a lot of heart and guts but just under world class as was proved in 2002 with his debacle against Roy Jones.

Woods is a world class fighter, but he's not an elite fighter like Roy Jones and Joes Calzaghe. Clinton just doesn't have that special talent, but he's a good fighter. Lots of world class fighters had "debacles" against Jones - watch Toney vs. Jones and Hopkins vs. Jones. He made both of them look really bad.

Trooper Thorn said:
If you want to me to be like you and put my head in the sand and try to come up with laughable excuses for his loss because he is white then I'm sorry to dissappoint you.

I don't ever expect to read a positive comment from you about any white fighter. I support them whether they win or lose, just like you support black fighters like Glen Johnson whether they win or lose.

What about your laughable excuses why Johnson lost to Woods? Do you really believe there was a conspiracy among the judges?
smiley36.gif

Trooper Thorn said:
P.S: I said Cortez's breaking up with Hatton on the inside with Mayweather was no worse than what he did when he quickly and constantly broke up Hatton and Castillo. Which it wasn't.

Then, in your opinion, Roy Jones and Teddy Atlas were wrong in what they said on ESPN about Cortez not being fair to Hatton?

When a white fighter loses, it attracts the troll to this site! After the Hatton fight, there were several gloating over Mayweather's win - thankfully a couple of them were banned. Trooper Thorn generally only comes here after a white fighter loses - Hatton, then Huck, now Woods.

I remember for months last year when white boxers kept winning, this forum was largely troll-free. So hopefully they'll get back on track with a win by Calzaghe over Hopkins, and the trolls will leave for awhile!

Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sean said:
I don't think JD was making excuses. Woods is a good fighter, much better than he showed last night. Is he good enough to beat Tarver? I don't know. Last night he certainly wasn't. However, last night is about the worst I've ever seen him, so there must be a reason for it.

You're right, Sean. He may not have beaten Tarver anyway, but he wasn't fighting as well as he has in the past. Boxers are only human, not supermen - they are sometimes affected by events in their lives. I recall having trouble staying focused at my job during the week after my mother died.

Woods came into the ring Saturday with a big framed photograph of his close friend, and dedicated the fight to him.

JD1986 said:
I see - when you say Glen Johnson was robbed by a conspiracy of boxing judges against Clinton Woods, that's support, but if I say the referee was unfair to Hatton, that's delusion?

The first Woods vs Johnson fight was a clear loss for Woods and was declared a draw. If you had seen it you'd know that. Woods did easily outpoint Johnson in their third fight however.

Maybe because you wanted Cunningham to win, you saw it that way - and because I wanted Huck to win, I saw it the other way. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between.

I clearly stated that wanted Huck to win. You saying that the black ref was instumental in Huck's defeat, when in fact he did Huck a huge favor by not taking points away for his constant fouling, was certainly seeing it another way....to put it mildly.

I'm not making excuses for him

Friend died and the Weather got to him sound like excuses to me.

I don't ever expect to read a positive comment from you about any white fighter. I support them whether they win or lose, just like you support black fighters like Glen Johnson whether they win or lose.

What about your laughable excuses why Johnson lost to Woods? Do you really believe there was a conspiracy among the judges?
smiley36.gif

I've made numerous positive comments about white fighters and whites in general on this site if you look.

Just because I don't come up with "he lost because his friend died,the weather got to him, his dog ate his homework" dingbat conspiracy theories whenever one of them loses probably doesn't endear me to the likes of you but I don't really care.

Then, in your opinion, Roy Jones and Teddy Atlas were wrong in what they said on ESPN about Cortez not being fair to Hatton?

I said in plain English that Cortez interfered and broke up Hatton in his fight with Castillo more than he did with Hatton vs Mayweather.

When a white fighter loses, it attracts the troll to this site! After the Hatton fight, there were several gloating over Mayweather's win - thankfully a couple of them were banned. Trooper Thorn generally only comes here after a white fighter loses - Hatton, then Huck, now Woods.

Ahhh...when in doubt play the troll card. I come to this site when I can and trade PMs with Colonel Callan.

Trying to add genuine boxing insight = troll. Making threads about how Huck only lost because the black ref beat him and Woods lost because of the weather amongst other insane babbling that makes this board look like whingers to outside people passing through the site = non trolling. Gotcha....

Now I see why you and Werewolf got along so well.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What's a 'whinger?' Is that whiner, like cry baby, or winger, as in 'right winger?'

EDIT: Upon further reflection, I suppose it could actually be either of the two, or a combination of both, and still accurately fit the stereotype of the kind of person you are alleging populates Castefootball: a 'whining right-winger.'Edited by: White Shogun

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn: You're were not even intelligent enough to be able to separate the quotes correctly in your above post - you really messed it up!
smiley36.gif

You really flatter yourself by saying you have "genuine boxing insight".
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Futhermore, you seem to have a reading disability! Sean and everyone else understood my posts, there were no "insane ramblings" - but you keep twisting my words and changing my meaning. I never said "the black ref beat him" or "the weather beat him" - what I really posted was actually quite reasonable! On the other hand, your own hateful, angry rants against people at this site and against white boxers, make you seem like a bit of a madman.
smiley29.gif

And I'm doubtful Colonel Callan would want to exchange PMs with you - he's one of the most intelligent posters we have here, while you come across as a hateful moron.
smiley21.gif

JD1986 said:
-but you keep twisting my words and changing my meaning. I never said "the black ref beat him"

"Posted: 29 December 2007 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

Cunningham was doing a lot of holding and fouling throughout the fight, and the negro referee was letting him get away with it, while getting on Huck for the slightest reason."

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn said:
JD1986 said:
-but you keep twisting my words and changing my meaning. I never said "the black ref beat him"

"Posted: 29 December 2007 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

Cunningham was doing a lot of holding and fouling throughout the fight, and the negro referee was letting him get away with it, while getting on Huck for the slightest reason."

Your reading comprehension is poor, Thorn. That's not quite the same as saying "the black ref beat him" - but your little brain simplified what I posted into meaning that.
smiley36.gif

you Strongly implied that the ref was instrumental in Huck's defeat in spite of the fact that the opposite happened - Huck fouled his way through the fight and the ref never said a word to him never mind taking a point away.

How about this gem?

In the 12th, Cunningham got Huck with a head butt as they were clinching, and it seemed to weaken Marco, and then Cunningham started landing a lot of punches.

smiley36.gif

And to show I'm not alone in my assesment that you either didn't watch the fight or else did watch it and lied through your teeth about what happened : here are what some other posters said to you

Turner
Caste Football Newbie
Caste Football Newbie

Member #663

Online Status: Offline

Posted: 30 December 2007 at 7:28am | IP Logged

Did you actually see the fight ?. Cunningham was clearly outboxing a sloppy Huck.

nevada
Caste Football Mentor
Caste Football Mentor

Member #664

Posted: 30 December 2007 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

Cunningham outboxed Huck and beat him fair and square. Huck will get better.

white is right
Caste Football Master
Caste Football Master

Member #332

Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged Report white is right
I finally saw this fight. Huck just wasn't multi-dimensional enough to beat Cunningham. Cunningham actually looked better than I thought he was. The stoppage looked similar to the loss that Wlad had against Purrity, where the Huck corner saved his fighter some punishment. I have seen corners nearly send out dead fighters to finish the fight ie Tyson vs Holy and Botha vs Moorer. This stoppage was much more humane.

Obviously those guys are insanewhitehatingtrollswhodon'tsupporthewhiteathleteandwanto ruinthissite!!!

You should seriously consider posting on boxrec or cyberboxingzone: it do with some laughs after werewolf got banned.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Unlike yourself, Trooper Thorn, I respect the opinions that differ from my own, and don't feel a need to antagonize anyone for having an opinion that differs from my own. There were widely different scorecards from the judges for that fight. I don't disagree with what "white is right" posted about the last round - throwing in the towel was the right thing to do. The other two - nevada and turner - are trolls like yourself.

My stream that day wasn't the best - I hadn't yet learned about how much better the ARD streams work with WinAmp at that time. So much of Huck's aggression may well have been less effective than it appeared with the choppy link I was watching.

I'm a long-time regular poster at boxingscene and ESB, under a different username, and less frequently at boxrec. I've never been in an argument like this at ESB, and it's been months since I have at boxingscene. Interestingly, I've had serious differences with three people here: werewolf before he was banned, another member, and you. Mind you, I would never post "the black referee was biased" at ESB - but here, it's different. I'm well respected at ESB and boxingscene, where I'm even mentioned by other members when they have "best poster" threads.

Nevada is a regular under a different name at boxingscene, where he openly supports only black fighters. Trooper Thorn must go under a different name at boxrec, I can guess who you are over there, but I'm not certain yet.

Unlike yourself, Trooper Thorn, I respect the opinions that differ from my own, and don't feel a need to antagonize anyone for having an opinion that differs from my own.

Lambasting people for not blindly supporting white fighters, making embarrassing excuses for their losses and calling them trolls is a funny way to respect differing opinions.

My stream that day wasn't the best - I hadn't yet learned about how much better the ARD streams work with WinAmp at that time. So much of Huck's aggression may well have been less effective than it appeared with the choppy link I was watching.

Careful you don't trip over while you're backpeddling

I would never post "the black referee was biased" at ESB - but here, it's different.

The black ref in the Huck fight wasn't biased in the slightest and posting it here doesn't make it true.

I'm well respected at ESB and boxingscene, where I'm even mentioned by other members when they have "best poster" threads.

Thats nice but sadly it doesn't change the fact that you were totally wrong about the Huck fight and Woods lost to a style that he couldn't adapt to.

I can guess who you are over there, but I'm not certain yet.

Thanks for the laugh.
smiley36.gif
I post on boxrec as ebeneezer and you post there as either "thismodernlove" or "ifeelfine". Am I right?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It's not hard to believe you're ebeneezer at boxrec, Trooper Thorn. It is surprising you've never been banned - you're actually a lot like werewolf, he makes no secret of the fact that he doesn't like black fighters, and neither do you! In one of your posts over there, you brought up the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty - that's something werewolf likes to post about too! I must admit, though, your comment about Sam Peter talking like someone who rides the short bus made me laugh.
smiley36.gif

Unlike yourself, I leave my pro white boxer comments for castefootball, and never make negative comments or jokes about black fighters in other boxing forums. I simply discuss boxing. If I have an issue about a commentator or referee being unfair, I post it here instead. I do defend white boxers against unfair criticism (from the likes of SandySadler at boxrec).

I cannot reveal my usernames at those other sites, since I don't want people there to lump me together with more "stormfront" type white nationalist people like yourself and werewolf. My own views are more moderate - I just don't like the political correctness and double standards that now apply to race. You can critisize a European referee for being unfair to a black boxer, but we're not supposed to question whether a black referee has been unfair to a white fighter.

I'm not TML or ifeelfine. TML is an avid boxing fan, a nice teenager of Bosnian heritage and I feel fine is a young American boxing fan who doesn't care about race. On boxrec, where I signed up a few months before you in 2005, I have over 4500 posts, but I've been spending much more time at boxingscene and ESB this year.Edited by: JD1986

JD074

Master
shawn1262231 said:
I thought Woods beat Johnson more decisively than Dawson did. Dawson's stock went down a lot after Saturday I thought Johnson won 116-112.

I had it seven rounds to five for Johnson. 6-6 would've been fine, too. There was one round where neither fighter did much, and that round could've gone either way. I definitely didn't see it 8 rounds to 4 for Dawson!!

The fight was somewhat similar to Malignaggi-Ngoudjo. One fighter won a lot of rounds with boxing, but the other fighter was the aggressor, landed harder shots, and seriously hurt his opponent. But Johnson was much better than Ngoudjo, and hurt Dawson much more than Ngoudjo hurt Malignaggi. And Malignaggi won the early rounds more definitely than Dawson, IMO.

I think Diaconu will KO Dawson because he hits harder,faster and more explosive than Johnson.

Let's hope. But it'll still be tough. Dawson has a lot of good tools: height, reach, hand speed, good movement.Clearly, his weaknesses are defense and his chin, which is perfect for a power puncher like Diaconu.But he still fought very well against Johnson, a guy who has beat Jones, Tarver, and Woods. This will be a big step up in class for Diaconu. I love white power punchers, so obviously I'm rooting for him. Fingers crossed!!

JD074

Master
JD1986 said:
Trooper Thorn: You're were not even intelligent enough to be able to separate the quotes correctly in your above post - you really messed it up!
smiley36.gif

Hey now, take it easy on him. You've done that, too!
smiley1.gif

(Just kidding, JD. Don't freak out!)

JD074

Master
Trooper Thorn said:
Lambasting people for not blindly supporting white fighters, making embarrassing excuses for their losses and calling them trolls is a funny way to respect differing opinions.

Zing! Good one, Trooper! Funny how anyone who has a more nuanced perspective is labeled a "troll," isn't it? One of the downsides of any ideology, I guess.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
'986, if I recall the unedited version correctly, that's a serious edit job you did on your last post. I thought I read that you had a hard time believing Thorn was 'ebeneezer' at boxrec because you said you had many good conversations with 'ebeneezer.' Didn't you say in the pre-edited post that you agree with 'ebeneezer' about 90% of the time over at boxrec?

And I thought I read in your pre-edit post that Trooper Thorn in his other guises supports black fighters at boxrec and where ever else you guys are posting, just like you say he does here. But today you say Thorn is a hard core white nationalist Werewolf-esque Stormfront Trooper (hehehe, couldn't resist the pun,) so much so you're surprised he hasn't been banned from boxrec?

Anyone else recall these tidbits or I have I just become senile in my old age?

White Shogun said:
'986, if I recall the unedited version correctly, that's a serious edit job you did on your last post. I thought I read that you had a hard time believing Thorn was 'ebeneezer' at boxrec because you said you had many good conversations with 'ebeneezer.' Didn't you say in the pre-edited post that you agree with 'ebeneezer' about 90% of the time over at boxrec?

And I thought I read in your pre-edit post that Trooper Thorn in his other guises supports black fighters at boxrec and where ever else you guys are posting, just like you say he does here. But today you say Thorn is a hard core white nationalist Werewolf-esque Stormfront Trooper (hehehe, couldn't resist the pun,) so much so you're surprised he hasn't been banned from boxrec?

Your mind is fine Shogun. Thats pretty much word for word what he originally said in his pre-editied post.

Calling me anti white for not making excuses for Woods,then saying he agreed with me on boxrec and finally turning around accusing me of being a neo nazi

hank_kingofthehill_240.jpg

that boy ain't right

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:

No, what you read about supporting black boxers was about Nevada at boxingscene, in a post above the other one. It's still there, I didn't change that post!

But Ebeneezer (aka Trooper Thorn) actually seems to like black boxers less than I do! He's been just as obnoxious - in virtually all his posts - over at BoxRec, but generally only toward supporters of black fighters. I've been over there with him for a long time, but he's never replied in a negative way to any of my 4500 or so posts at BoxRec during the time we've both been members! We've agreed a few times, other than that our paths have not crossed. I hate to say it, but I do agree with some of what he and werewolf post, but I tend to be more moderate in my views (example: werewolf does not consider blacks to be human, while I do).

Anyway I went over to boxrec and went through ebeneezer's posts, between my original post and the edit. He posts in forums other than the boxing "current scene" forum over there, I rarely do. When I was reading many of his other comments, I gradually came to realize he is more different from myself than I previously realized, he has a cruel, mean streak in him, so many of his non-boxing opinions differ greatly from my own. And I didn't notice his comments about Jews over there before - I hadn't read every thread.

Anyway, why not go over there and do a search for "ebeneezer" - you can bring up all his 600 or so posts in order. Some are funny, none are polite, almost all are obnoxious. It's amazing he's never been banned, but he only has about two posts a week, so he's under the radar I guess.

JD1986 said:
I didn't change that post!

Please don't insult our intelligence.

You said in very plain english that I overtly supported black fighters on boxrec, you liked my posts and agreed with me 90% of the time and couldn't believe it was me.

Seriously, why lie?

JD1986 said:
Anyway, why not go over there and do a search for "ebeneezer" - you can bring up all his 600 or so posts in order. Some are funny, none are polite, almost all are obnoxious.

If boxrec banned every poster who was obnoxious and impolite their boards would be totally empty.
smiley36.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn said:
JD1986 said:
I didn't change that post!

Please don't insult our intelligence.

You said in very plain english that I overtly supported black fighters on boxrec, you liked my posts and agreed with me 90% of the time and couldn't believe it was me.

Seriously, why lie?

I said I didn't change the post where I said Nevada is a supporter of black boxers at boxingscene...go back to my post BEFORE the one I edited. It's still there...

The post I DID edit (the next one) originally said you DO support WHITE boxers on BoxRec and I agreed with 90% of what say. That was based on my recollections of ebeneezer's posts ("Rocky lives!" for example during the Pavlik vs. Taylor fight).

But then I went through your posts at BoxRec and though I do agree with some of them, I found other stuff that hadn't noticed before. You actually don't support white fighters so much as you bash black fighters and sarcastically answer to their fans' posts. I hadn't seen the "Jewish privelege" post in the Kellerman thread before, or your post about the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty (one of werewolf's favorite topics) and the other Jewish stuff...

So I came back and edited that post.

One ironic thing I found at BoxRec was your argument about whether Briggs was using steroids before he fought Ibragimov. You said he was, some of his fans said he wasn't. We had the same debate here in the castefootball boxing forum. There was even a second thread about it that became quite an argument and went on for awhile.
smiley36.gif