Class of 2022

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Quinn Ewers from Southlake Texas headlines this class. 6'3 190lbs threw for 4,000yds and 45TDs to only 6INTs as a Sophomore. I'll defer to @Red raider for further analysis. Ewers is from his neck of the woods.

https://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article236315613.html

Wisconsin has 6 4Star recruits in 2022 Class. Most ever for The Dairy State. 4 of the 6 are Pale Faced.

OL Carson Hinzman 6'5 275
OL Joe Brunner 6'5 265
DE Issac Hamm 6'5 260
DE Billy Schrauth 6'5 265

*Some Big German's up North in Wisconsin LOL

Check out this 4Star Athlete.

https://247sports.com/Player/Braelon-Allen-46086116/
6'1 200lbs
5.1 40
5 agility
30 inch Vert
10ft broad

Pretty damn average for a Safety. Pretty damn average for a LB. The only black kid in Fon Du Lac. (I kid in I'm sure there's a few).

Shadowlight

Master
To belabor a point well known here black prospects like receivers, running backs and defensive backs get a giant head start on white prospects when it comes to most recruiting classes but is especially noticeable with the younger classes. They get their name out there in the arena early and often get invited to the elite camps. Whites lag behind and usually most don't catch up.

With that said nice to see a white speedster WR emerge out of a big school in California. Elijah Barclay is 6'2" 175 pounds and looks like an early Power 5 target. Purdue and TCU are already interested in him. One to keep in mind.

Shadowlight

Master
A few of other wide receiver names to know to go along with Elijah Barclay ( see above).

Brock Spalding 5'11" 180. Pretty sure he is the brother of WR Dillon who has bounced around and now is a Virginia Tech walk on. Brock has outstanding quickness and a very big upside.

Cody Hagen 6'1" 180. Lot of talent who is also a 100 M sprinter.

Ben Ireland 5'11 165. Out of Ohio he is a big play speedster who should have plenty of the big boys after him.

Speaking of schools lusting after a player there is this Tanner Muse type out there.

Nolan Ziegler 6'4 205 out of Michigan. The rare White skill player who (recently) made a mark at one of those nearly all black camps that colleges religiously pull from.

Ziegler is listed at various positions including S, LB and even WR. A stud athlete who blew off fellow campers with a 4.49 laser timed 40. My instincts tell me he will become a hybrid S/OLB but all the big boys from the Big Ten want him. Has his priorities in order too. When asked about Iowa the first thing he mentioned was the Children's Hospital. Impressive!

Shadowlight

Master
Quinn Ewers from Southlake Texas headlines this class. 6'3 190lbs threw for 4,000yds and 45TDs to only 6INTs as a Sophomore.

Just a note QB Quinn Ewers is the unanimous number one player in the class of 2022. Ohio State is hot on his heels. Word is this youngster is big time.

LB Gavin Meyers from Hays High School out of Kansas is not on the top 300 ESPN list because he doesn't have a funny black name. That hasn't stopped Kansas State and Nebraska from zoning in on him. He is 6'2" 205 and heavily coveted by the big schools.

His teammate Jaren Kanak stole the show at a huge Kansas football camp earlier this month. A stud athlete that opened eyes. Kansas State wants him real bad.

Kanak is a track and field sprinter with big time athleticism. At 6'1" 197 he ripped off the second fastest 40 in the camp at 4.41. He also leaped 37 inches plus and killed the agility test with a 4.03 time. He was considered the best player at the camp.

The only thing that bothers me are the whispers he will be moved to safety or perhaps linebacker after he bulks up down the road. In high school he is mainly a WR and spends a good time at RB too. I love White defensive players but I get a little annoyed when a White high school player who makes his mark on the offensive end gets shifted to defense as a matter of course once they enter into college. It seems to me this happens less often with black offensive stars but I am basing that on observations more than anything else.

If Kanak does land on defense he is yet another "Tanner Muse" type of athlete who should make some big noise. If he stays on offense as a WR well a fast nicely sized White player from Kansas named Jordy comes to mind.

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
I want to address the CF team ( official or unofficial depending on who you talk to ha) captains Leonardfan and Bucky.

As you might know Les Miles of Kansas has so far shown peculiar recruiting patterns. Overall not exceptional but some bright spots. For 2020 he has brought in two White wide receivers, Kyler Pearson and Luke Grimm. He also brought in two White tight ends. And some White offensive linemen. And that is the end of the White commits for 2020. Like I said a little strange.

So far his 2021 class of 13 commits is all black except for a QB and TE.

Kansas however has their eye on highly ranked 2022 WR Tyson Struber who is 6'2" 188 and is a very good all around athlete with 4.5 speed and excellent hops. If he doesn't land on Kansas another Power 5 school will scoop him up.

Shadowlight

Master
Still early in the class of 2022 process as names start to dribble out over time but for now I noticed around eight White players listed as athletes who were listed in the top 80 on the 247 website. Three really jumped out of the page.

Cooper Barkate out of big school in California is a 6'0" 182 primary WR who also plays CB. He has 4.4 plus speed and looks like a real stud on tape. Will easily land on a Power 5 team but the question will be what position does he end up playing?

Eli King out of Minnesota is a 6'3" 170 primary WR. He is a two sport ultra athlete known for his high flying dunks in basketball. But this long strider who gobbles up turf and eases past defenders as if they are in cement looks to be football bound. Notre Dame wants him.

Aidan Laughery (Irish much?) out of a small school in Illinois is a 5'11" 183 primary RB. A true speedster who runs track I suspect he has 4.3 speed. Illinois is all over him like a wet blanket. Looking at him as a RB or slot receiver /return man. Will be shocked if he doesn't land with the Illini.

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
Is it just me? I feel like starting with 2020 there are starting to be a lot more white prospects getting noticed. Obviously still plenty going unnoticed but it seems to be trending upwards.

dolphins15

Guru
Is it just me? I feel like starting with 2020 there are starting to be a lot more white prospects getting noticed. Obviously still plenty going unnoticed but it seems to be trending upwards.

I think there is an uptick in receivers. Not with RB's. A few years ago we had Beau Bisharat, Sam Brodner, Jake Funk, Cade Carney, Sean McGrew and Cole Gest all signed with power 5 schools. Carney is the only one who I think got a fair shake. I'm not sure if we have had 6 sign with Power 5 schools since their class.

Red Raider

Mentor
I think there is an uptick in receivers. Not with RB's. A few years ago we had Beau Bisharat, Sam Brodner, Jake Funk, Cade Carney, Sean McGrew and Cole Gest all signed with power 5 schools. Carney is the only one who I think got a fair shake. I'm not sure if we have had 6 sign with Power 5 schools since their class.
Yeah running back doesn’t seem to have changed too much, but having one as a 5 star prospect is pretty cool. Seems like a lot of the running backs are getting noticed but are switching to other positions. WR’s are definitely on the rise and it seems like DB’s are also.

Rocky B

Master
I need to do some research, but I’ll bet our top ten white running backs have better stats this year than last and it’ll be a partial season....Who was our top ten last season and how many rushing yards did they have? Somewhere in this thread I have my production prediction for this year. I’ll bet they have more yards than what would have been our top ten last year.....Dolphin, Purdue also signed Jack Wegher around that time.....He, like Brodner, disappeared......Like Laird there are always sleepers like Horvath and Trotter.

Borghi, Remsberg, Trotter, Horvath, Groshek, Funk (still in the mix), Epstein, McDaniel, McChesney, Magyar with top guys like Filkins and Shipley around the corner....Way better than years before......CMac having an effect? I’d say yes.....

dolphins15

Guru
RR it is great that Will Shipley has been able to break through just like Sam McGuffie did. Rockybleier you are right Jack Wegher did sign with those guys as well. Since then 2016, I have listed the guys i think that have signed as Power 5 RB. There have been other guys sign with MAC schools and the service academies but I was just talking about Power 5. And looking at 2021 we might only have Shipley sign with a power 5. I would agree about WR's and DB's I just wish the RB position could open up more.

Cole Dubots-Washington State
Mike Epstein- Illinois

Max Borghi-Washington State
Coleton Beck-Virginia Tech
Samson Evans- Iowa

You could add Slade Bolden-Alabama and Copper Lutz-Syracuse although they have been switched around.

Jason Williamson-Minnesota
Nick Fedanzo-Illinois

Casey Filkins-Stanford

Red Raider

Mentor
I’m not sure if he has been mentioned yet but DB Jake Pope is racking up the offers! So far he has Arizona State, Arkansas, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ole Miss, South Carolina, USC, Liberty, UCF, and FIU. He’s listed at 6’2” 190, let’s hope they don’t try to make him a linebacker.

Shadowlight

Master
Ohio State head coach Ryan Day is doing a terrific job bringing in top flight stellar White front seven defenders. Simple formula for me on how to get on my good side? Recruit highly rated White defenders. Like so many powerhouse Power 5 teams the Buckeyes have been coming up short when it comes to offensive skill players although they continue to bring in very athletic White tight ends.

Ohio State hit the jack pot here with OLB Gabe Powers who at 6'4" 220 is a one man demolition machine. This rangy athletic talent has NFL written all over him. He is considered the best OLB in the class of 2022. Check out his highlights below. No need for a lengthy scouting report. Stud will suffice.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11659856/5d7cf7c823525c0f909aa5c4

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Ohio State head coach Ryan Day is doing a terrific job bringing in top flight stellar White front seven defenders. Simple formula for me on how to get on my good side? Recruit highly rated White defenders. Like so many powerhouse Power 5 teams the Buckeyes have been coming up short when it comes to offensive skill players although they continue to bring in very athletic White tight ends.

Ohio State hit the jack pot here with OLB Gabe Powers who at 6'4" 220 is a one man demolition machine. This rangy athletic talent has NFL written all over him. He is considered the best OLB in the class of 2022. Check out his highlights below. No need for a lengthy scouting report. Stud will suffice.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11659856/5d7cf7c823525c0f909aa5c4

I've always loathed Ohio State but cannot deny the White Talent on Defense they have accumulated over the years!

Shadowlight

Master
TE Jack Nickel (6'4" 230) Notre Dame. Highly rated.

Two fast running backs that are making some noise this summer.

RB Dylan Smith (5'9" 185) ran a 4.48 40 at a recent camp. I think it was the fastest time there. Out of California. Put up big stats last year.

RB Kade Frew (5'8" 170) attends the same Jacksonville high school Chipper Jones graduated from. He ran the second fastest 40 at a recent camp and was barely and I mean barely nipped at the line by a certifiable 10.67 sprinter. So big speed and I suspect Power 5 teams will start engaging him.

Shadowlight

Master
Dual threat QB (6'2" 200) Beau Pribula has committed to Penn State. As much as I disdain HC Franklin he hasn't completely remade the program into Florida State north. Still way to caste heavy but there are occasional bright notes in his recruiting.

Pribula is an athletic QB with solid speed and fits in the mold of recent Penn State quarterbacks.

Rocky B

Master
TE Jack Nickel (6'4" 230) Notre Dame. Highly rated.

Two fast running backs that are making some noise this summer.

RB Dylan Smith (5'9" 185) ran a 4.48 40 at a recent camp. I think it was the fastest time there. Out of California. Put up big stats last year.

RB Kade Frew (5'8" 170) attends the same Jacksonville high school Chipper Jones graduated from. He ran the second fastest 40 at a recent camp and was barely and I mean barely nipped at the line by a certifiable 10.67 sprinter. So big speed and I suspect Power 5 teams will start engaging him.

Looking up Kade Frew.....The Bolles school starts football in a couple weeks....
Frew is up to 180 lbs.....He should have a kick ass year....They always play high school games on tv in Jax, FL.....A few Bolles games will be on....I’ll be all over it...The school isn’t far from my house.....May go see them in person, if it’s allowed.....

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Looking up Kade Frew.....The Bolles school starts football in a couple weeks....
Frew is up to 180 lbs.....He should have a kick ass year....They always play high school games on tv in Jax, FL.....A few Bolles games will be on....I’ll be all over it...The school isn’t far from my house.....May go see them in person, if it’s allowed.....

There you go sounds like you'll be busy with Friday Night Lights! Make your way out to see him in person if you can, looking forward to your analysis.

Shadowlight

Master
WR Cody Hagen, who BYU has offered, put up a big play stat line of 3-161-2 for powerhouse Corner Canyon in another slaughter. One TD went for 94 yards. College scouts need to park their asses at Corner Canyon games because they have some serious white talent at WR, QB and RB. His teammate WR Noah Kjar (2021) has a 29-644-7 stat line after only four games. Power 5 teams should be panting at this point but he has zero offers at this late date. Utah has been mentioned in passing.

Some commits.

TE Bennett Christian (6'6" 235) Ohio State.

QB Gunner Stockton (6'1" 220) is a dual threat QB with good speed. One of the highest rated QBs in the class has chosen South Carolina.

S/LB Nolan Ziegler (6'4" 205) is a huge get for Notre Dame. Mentioned above he is one of the best pure athletes in the class. He runs like a deer and has superstar potential. He has NFL stardom written all over him.

Rocky B

Master
There you go sounds like you'll be busy with Friday Night Lights! Make your way out to see him in person if you can, looking forward to your analysis.

I listened to the first part of the Bolles game Friday.....Frew had 6 carries for 54 yards in the first quarter......I just looked it up, the team crushed and Frew was player of the game (22-138-1, I believe).....Pale QB and WR with good games as well.......