Chicago Bears General Thread

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Bears look set at quarterback. They have two good, young players in Mike Glennon and Mitch Trubisky. I think both of them can play. The Bears did a good job on the quarterback front.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Bears have a good player to build around in quarterback Mitch Trubisky. They were criticized for trading up one spot in the draft to get Trubisky but they made a good move.

Trubisky looks like he might develop into a franchise quarterback.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Roquan Smith is still unsigned and Danny Trevathan is injured (again). Meantime, Nick keeps pushing, pushing, pushing in spite of the team's best efforts to demote him.

No holding back: LB Nick Kwiatkoski proving he belongs with Bears’ No. 1 defense

ByAdam L. Jahns

BOURBONNAIS — If inside linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski could replicate Saturday’s practice in an actual game, he’d be the toast of the town.

He read the play and the eyes of the quarterback — in this case, Mitch Trubisky’s. Locked in, Kwiatkoski leaped at Trubisky’s throw, tipped the ball to himself for an interception, then raced into the end zone.

In an actual game, it would be a highlight-reel pick-six. For now, it’s another sign of how well Kwiatkoski fits in the middle of coordinator Vic Fangio’s defense. He intercepted Trubisky in similar fashion earlier in camp.

“I just want to take advantage of the opportunity and get better each day,” Kwiatkoski said.

kwiatkoskiminicamp.jpg

Bears inside linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski. (AP)

Rookie Roquan Smith’s contract holdout and Danny Trevathan’s ailing hamstring shouldn’t detract from Kwiatkoski’s impressive training camp. The Bears don’t view Kwiatkoski, a fourth-round selection in 2016, as the third wheel in their inside-linebacker competition. He has been in charge of the first-team defense since the first day of camp.

“I don’t necessarily know if he’s No. 3,” coach Matt Nagy said. “You say that, but I told you this at the beginning: ‘You’ve got to earn your spot.’ [Kwiatkoski] is playing really well. You saw the pick [Saturday] that he had. He’s thumping people in the run game. I love his mentality.”

He appears to have found his voice in his third season. Kwiatkoski is comfortable being in command of the calls and signals for Fangio’s defense. Throughout camp, he has maintained order against Nagy’s multilook offense.

“It’s just getting that experience,” Kwiatkoski said. “Getting the repetitions, it builds confidence.”

Overall, Kwiatkoski’s pairing with John Timu has proved to be functional and also quite encouraging, especially because of the defense’s overall success against Nagy’s offense. Timu is more than a capable reserve and special-teams stalwart.

“I don’t look at it as I’m a starter,” Timu said. “I’m just filling in for [Trevathan] for when he gets back. It’s more of a fill-in role.

“But at the same time, I’m just taking advantage of the opportunities, to be able to go against the [first team], work on my technique and master it with the best guys out there. It feels good, but I’m still remaining humble.”

Kwiatkoski is, too. He smiles and shrugs off his big plays.

“It’s early in camp,” he said. “I’ve been through a couple of camps now, and you never know what can happen.”

But Kwiatkoski is giving the Bears what they want: true competition for Smith and Trevathan. He’s winning right now, too.

“He didn’t blink when we drafted Roquan,” Nagy said. “He stepped right on in there and put the horse blinders on and went after it. . . . I’m excited for him; I’m proud of him.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-defense-nick-kwiatkoski-starter/

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's an interesting short interview with former Bears quarterback Bill Wade. Wade was the Bears quarterback in 1963 when they won the Championship.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nick Kwiatkoski was NFL's top linebacker in Week 10

by Bryan Perez

Chicago Bears linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski is in a contract year. And if he keeps playing the way he did in Sunday's win over the Detroit Lions, Ryan Pace better get ready to pay up.

Filling in for an injured Danny Trevathan, Kwiatkoski dominated the Lions offense to the tune of nine tackles, a sack and an interception. It was the second time this season that he stepped up in what could've been a crisis for the Bears defense. In Week 4 against the Vikings, Kwiatkoski filled-in for Roquan Smith who was deactivated shortly before kickoff for reasons still unknown. He was fantastic in that game, too.

But Kwiatkoski's performance on Sunday was borderline special. In fact, he was so good that he earned Pro Football Focus' highest grade of any linebacker in the NFL in Week 10 with a 92.4.

His ridiculous showing against Detroit pushed his season grade up to 88.2, which is second-best among Bears defenders with at least 100 snaps this season.

So, yeah, he's going to get paid.

Kwiatkoski's role moving forward is expected to change. He won't be coming off the bench filling in for Trevathan or Smith; he'll be starting for as long as Trevathan is on the mend. And with a starter's tag comes a week's worth of preparation by opposing offensive coordinators who will have more time to gameplan for his strengths and weaknesses. We'll find out real quick if his incredible flashes this season are sustainable as a traditional starter or if he'll be exposed in his newfound role.

Regardless, Kwiatkoski's emergence has been a bright spot in a season that's been lacking many of them so far.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nick-kwiatkoski-was-nfls-top-linebacker-week-10

Truthteller

Mentor
Don, I wish I could find the article, but a respected Bears beat writer in early September was breaking down the "Bubble Players" -- Chicago players fighting for the last spots on the 53 man roster. I don't remember the writers name, but I know he's been pretty much non-Caste. Anyway, he noted prior to the season that Kwiatkoski was a prime example of a player who is amazing against "backs ups", but can't "cut it" against 1st teamers? His suggestion was, the Bears keep Kevin, but relegate him to special teams.

Hey, @sshole, check the film against the Vikings and Lions, then tell me Kwiatkoski can't "cut it" against 1st teamers? That said, Kevin has to be careful here and not make the same mistake Zach Zenner did. First of all, if Rodent Nagy is kept as head coach, he should not re-sign with the Bears at all. If he does, he should demand starters money. He should demand starters money regardless, if he can get it in the rancid, rabidly anti-white Jewish league.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don, I wish I could find the article, but a respected Bears beat writer in early September was breaking down the "Bubble Players" -- Chicago players fighting for the last spots on the 53 man roster. I don't remember the writers name, but I know he's been pretty much non-Caste. Anyway, he noted prior to the season that Kwiatkoski was a prime example of a player who is amazing against "backs ups", but can't "cut it" against 1st teamers? His suggestion was, the Bears keep Kevin, but relegate him to special teams.

Hey, @sshole, check the film against the Vikings and Lions, then tell me Kwiatkoski can't "cut it" against 1st teamers? That said, Kevin has to be careful here and not make the same mistake Zach Zenner did. First of all, if Rodent Nagy is kept as head coach, he should not re-sign with the Bears at all. If he does, he should demand starters money. He should demand starters money regardless, if he can get it in the rancid, rabidly anti-white Jewish league.

I get daily updates on Kwiatkowski and that's been the general theme of them for the past four years -- he's a solid backup to have who can start in a pinch but otherwise isn't starting material. But that's the case with virtually all White players who aren't picked in the first or second round. The number of first and second year White linebackers who have stepped in this season because of injury and instantly outperformed the black starter they were replacing is astounding even to someone like me who's been familiar with the Caste System for so long -- Anonymous Tackling Machines as we've dubbed them. And if you check the "scouting reports" and write-ups on them after they were drafted (or signed as free agents), just about all of them refer to them as being special teamers and possible backups. The anti-White bias in the Caste media is as predictable as the sunrise, and almost as predictable as how well most White defensive players perform when given an opportunity.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Some DWFs and some in the mainstream media are proclaiming that Justin Fields is the greatest quarterback the Bears have ever had. This is ludicrous. Sid Luckman was a Hall of Fame quarterback. He was the equivalent of Tom Brady and Drew Brees in his day. Fields hasn't even played a game yet!

This negro worship is bizarre. The DWFs literally worship these blacks.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Bears screwed up in the draft. They traded a 2nd and a 3rd plus s switch of a 6th and a 5th in order to draft OT Teven Jenkins, a black right tackle who is good at run blocking and mediocre at pass blocking. Jenkins has medical concerns because of his back and hip. They then released their left tackle and said they will start Jenkins at left tackle.

They could have stayed put and taken OT Dillon Radunz who is a superior tackle, much better at pass blocking than Jenkins. They then could have taken another offensive lineman such as Quinn Meinerz. Or if they traded up they should have taken Radunz.

But Radunz is white and Jenkins is black and the Bears are one of the most anti-white teams in a league filled with anti-white teams. They drafted an inferior prospect because he's black and passed on a better player because he's white.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Bears are one of the most anti White Teams, because they are in an anti White City. Shitcago truly is a nightmare, the DWFs and Libtards from the burbs aren't much better. I have a lot of contempt for that **** hole..Been dealing with the overflow of ghetto trash from there all my life.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Bears traded up in the second round to draft offensive tackle Teven Jenkins. The mainstream media heaped praise on this trade and pick. One article is already predicting Jenkins will have a Hall if Fame career. There are no dissenting voices in the mainstream media that I can find. Everyone is in lockstep. The mainstream media today acts as cheerleaders, not reporters.

Jenkins had a back injury that cost him the rest of the season. According to one report he also had a hip injury. I tried to find information on the extent of the injuries on the internet but could find nothing in depth.

The state of reporting nowadays is awful. Most writers and reporters nowadays are just cheerleaders and propagandists. They wouldn't report on the nature and extent of Jenkins's injuries. That would cast doubt on the drafting of a black player and they must never do that.

The Bears could have stood pat and kept the 2nd and 3rd they gave up for Jenkins. They could have drafted OT Dillon Radunz and IOL Quinn Meinerz instead of a right tackle with an injury history. Radunz is a left tackle who can also play right tackle and dominated in the Senior Bowl. Meinerz also dominated in the Senior Bowl. I'd rather have those two guys than a right tackle with an injury history. Heck I'd rather have them even if Jenkins hadn't had an injury issue. .

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
Bears running back Tarik Cohen has been put on the PUP list to start training camp. This means I hope, Ryan Nall will get even more of a chance to get some more reps.

It isn't a lack of reps that's holding him back. He balled out in the 2018 and 2019 preseasons and that didn't change a damn thing. It's quite clear that as long as he has an orange "C" on the side of his helmet, nothing he does in training camp or the preseason will change the fact that his ass is going to be glued to the bench until there are literally no other healthy running backs on the roster.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be surprised if Nall isn't cut by the Bears. That's a good thing except that after being screwed over for so long, will any other teams be interested in him much less give him some carries? Not likely unfortunately for Nall. In retrospect his big mistake was coming out early for the draft. He needed a huge senior season to have any chance of getting drafted but he was obviously unaware of how the NFL operates.

I'll be surprised if Nall isn't cut by the Bears. That's a good thing except that after being screwed over for so long, will any other teams be interested in him much less give him some carries? Not likely unfortunately for Nall. In retrospect his big mistake was coming out early for the draft. He needed a huge senior season to have any chance of getting drafted but he was obviously unaware of how the NFL operates.

We've noted for a long time that white athletes are oblivious to their situation regarding the NFL. They will sign with a team that offers more money instead of a team offering a better chance of playing, which in the long run would bring more money.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
More anti Ryan Nall talk and this paper says he should be cut and only welcomed back if it's to the practice squad for his special teams skills. These
fully cucked writers piss me the f*** off. These people hate their selves, their family and anything from our white culture.

A good bet to make it
I really like the college tape from Bears rookie Khalil Herbert. He’s a tough, compact runner at 5’9”, 204 pounds, and he does have 4.44 speed. The Bears used him at kick return quite a bit this summer, so his special teams ability should earn him a spot on the 53-man roster.

On the bubble
Special teams is what has kept Ryan Nall around for the last season and a half, but he’s not as explosive a runner as Herbert is, so I predict Nall gets cut and lands back on the practice squad. If the Bears value special team experience for their number four back they may keep Nall (65% of Chicago’s third phase snaps in 2020) and try to get Herbert back to their practice squad, but that would be risky.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nall is a lost cause - not due to lack of ability but due to the fact no team wants a White RB. His only contract offer was more than likely the 1 year deal from Bears. At this point all of the people on the right finally awakening to and fighting back against critical race theory need to make the connection that the caste system was the original CRT in terms of being vehemently and openly anti-White and being able to discriminate against kids and deny them opportunity based on skin color.

The Bears are a joke of an organization. I hope they fail miserably this year and the Chicago DWFs beloved black quarterback fails too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nall is a lost cause - not due to lack of ability but due to the fact no team wants a White RB. His only contract offer was more than likely the 1 year deal from Bears. At this point all of the people on the right finally awakening to and fighting back against critical race theory need to make the connection that the caste system was the original CRT in terms of being vehemently and openly anti-White and being able to discriminate against kids and deny them opportunity based on skin color.

The Bears are a joke of an organization. I hope they fail miserably this year and the Chicago DWFs beloved black quarterback fails too.

Very well said, we need to incorporate it into our general critique of the Caste System.

El Gringo

Mentor
Well said indeed, I doubt any team will even pick him up if he’s cut. Nall just needs to totally embrace the fullback/hback roll that and hope for a Hillis like curse to happen. Maybe stick around a few more years and get a pension.

Phall

Master
Jake Butt retired from football this week. He was a first-team collegiate All American and Mackey Award winner in 2016. Butt was a projected first-round pick but tore his ACL in Michigan's bowl game at the end of the season. He was eventually drafted in the fifth round by Denver and stuck there for four injury-plagued seasons. The Bears signed him to a contract last month, presumably without much guaranteed.

Butt missed all of 2017 with his ACL rehab, then tore the other one and missed all of 2019. He ended up playing in only 8 games in his short career.

Butt's bowl game injury gets cited a lot in defense of the (almost exclusively black) players who forgo their bowl games (and team practices) in order to focus on getting drafted. I'm not aware that Butt has ever commented on the topic. I also wasn't aware until now that Butt cashed in an insurance policy in 2017 for $543k with regard to injury affecting his draft position. Apart from the training camp deal with the Bears, he ended up signing just one pro contract for $2.7 million. He also got a name-related sponsorship from Charmin brand toilet paper.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
At this point all of the people on the right finally awakening to and fighting back against critical race theory need to make the connection that the caste system was the original CRT in terms of being vehemently and openly anti-White and being able to discriminate against kids and deny them opportunity based on skin color.

This is one of the most convincing statements that could get more on the alt-right (many of whom don't care about sports) interested in exposing discrimination against white athletes, and show them that this discrimination doesn't exist in a vacuum, but is connected to all the other forms of anti-white discrimination out there.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This is one of the most convincing statements that could get more on the alt-right (many of whom don't care about sports) interested in exposing discrimination against white athletes, and show them that this discrimination doesn't exist in a vacuum, but is connected to all the other forms of anti-white discrimination out there.

Thanks. And welcome to the site!

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Thanks. And welcome to the site!

Thank you. I have to admit that my interest in sports has waned significantly thanks to all this BLM garbage, but I still want to support the whites who are fighting the good fight, on and off the field.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bears released WR Thomas Ives today. This team might end up being the blackest in the league.