Charles Barkley on Costas Now

JD074

Master
This was pretty entertaining. First off the airhead "Sir Charles" said that Lance Armstrong was not an athlete (just "in good shape") because he only rides a bike. Then he went on to say that runners (implying long distance runners) are also just "in good shape". Then when Costas said, well about how sprinters like Carl Lewis and Jackie Joyner Kersey? Oh, well they're athletes. Of course the implication is that the lowly white male on a bike is not an athlete but the fast black sprinters are.

Later, when they were discussing the NCAA forbidding Native American mascots, Costas made the point that Barkley, as a black man, has much more freedom to speak his mind than we do (referring to himself, Al Leiter and Jon Stewart, although he should've left out Stewart for obvious reasons.) He said it in passing and Barkley didn't respond. Barkley, like every black, believes in the opposite: that everything that black athletes say is scrutinized and criticized more so than others. He doesn't know how lucky he is.

I'd love to see more exchanges like this. It'd be so easy to tear down these idiots if the white people in the media had the guts to do so.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Sir Charles believe golfers are athletes? What would that say about Tiger Woods?

I know some of you guys are fans of golf and golfers, but no way can Chuckles say golfers are athletes and Tour riders are not.
smiley36.gif

KG2422

Mentor
Yeah, Barkley bashes Nowitzki every year on Inside the NBA. I thought it was funny when he was talking about running for governor of Alabama. He would have about as much chance as David Duke running for mayor in Detroit. Just another clown.

Bart

Hall of Famer
SlurCharles is full of it, everyone knowshe's an ass. If Armstrong's first name was Lee Roy instead of Lance, Barkley would be proclaiming him as one of the greatest athlete's in history! Who cares what that fat retard has to say. He should never be allowed to speak about racism as he is just as racist as anyone. I was surpried that Dan Patrick once took him to task over his remarks concerning Woods and the Augusta golf course.

ByDan Patrick
When I read Charles Barkley's comments in Sports Illustrated that the changes being made at Augusta National were aimed at Tiger Woods and therefore racist, I was taken aback. While I applaud Charles for being a spokesperson for his race, he needs to make sure his facts are correct. In this case they are not. Lengthening a golf course is a form of racism?

...saying that lengthening the course to make the odds less favorable for Tiger because he's black is just plain false. If anything, adding to the course length shrinks the field. A short, tight course would be tougher for Tiger -- giving the shot-makers who don't have his length a better chance to win

robcat

Guru
I wonder what Barkleys IQ is. Probablyaround 100 yet he is considered one of the smartest blacks around. Its too bad free speech isnot allowedwhen it comes to race in America. Barkley has led a far more pampered life than 99.99 percent of whites ever have and ever will.

Whites arent allowed to have a pro-white point of view. What's the difference betweenthat and all the dictatorshipsthe neocons aresupposed to be bringing "freedom and democracy" to?

Deacon

Guru
Charles Barkley is married to a white woman, what right does he have to speak about race relations? Typical black guy who whines about racisim directed at his people (In the Tiger Woods quote above) yet is screwing a white girl. I'd respect his views a whole more if he was married to his own kind.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Tiger is just as black as he is oriental but no one seems to talk much about that side.

JD074

Master
robcat said:
I wonder what Barkleys IQ is.  Probably around 100 yet he is considered one of the smartest blacks around.

I doubt if it's that high. 100 is the average white IQ so that would make him as smart as the average white person. Hard to believe.

KG2422

Mentor
Barkley once said that a lot of white guys where in the NBA because they are white and don't deserve to be there. Obviously his career wasn't ruined like John Rocker's even though Rocker didn't mention any specific race if you look at his quotes. In Rocker's case everyone just knew who he was talking about because of what they know to be true below their politically correct surface. Therfore Rocker was burned at the stake for his blasphemous remarks against multi culturalism.

C Darwin

Mentor
Barkley: All I Really Wanted Was Oral Sex
http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/01/barkley-all-i-really-wanted-wa s-oral-sex/
Posted Jan 1st 2009 8:44AM by TMZ Staff

This may be the very best police report of 2008. When Charles Barkley was busted in Arizona early this morning for DUI, he told cops he ran a stop sign because he was in a hurry to get some oral sex.

According to the officer who wrote the report, "He told me that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to pick up the girl I saw get in the passenger seat."

The officer continues: "He asked me to admit that she was 'hot.' He asked me, 'You want the truth?' When I told him I did he said, 'I was gonna drive around the corner and get a b**w job. He then explained that she had given him a 'b**w job' one week earlier and said it was the best one he had ever had in his life."

The report says when Barkley was taken to the station, he told one of the employees, "I'll tattoo my name on your ass" if he helped "get him out of the DUI." According to the report, "He laughed and then quickly corrected himself and said, 'I'll tattoo your name on my ass' and then laughed again."

The report also says officers "found a handgun in the vehicle" which was immediately impounded. The report doesn't say if the handgun was legal or not, and the only thing that we know for sure was loaded...

MSM version...

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/12/31/2008-12-31_char les_barkley_admitted_he_was_looking_.html

Interesting how they added the Matt Dillon story at the end there. Edited by: C Darwin

guest301

Hall of Famer
I hope this humbles that creep Charles Barkely for a little while and get him off his high horse. I remember his comment last year about conservatives being "fake christians", who's the fake christian now? He's thinking about running for governor of Alabama in a few years, this episode hopefully should keep that from happening. That and his well known gambling problem and violent temper.Edited by: guest301

When I first heard the story about Barkley being busted, I thought it came from the Onion. It was that strange.
Barkley has this problem, a gambling problem and shown to have a violent temper. How does he expect to be elected Governor of Alabama?
Now, governor of Illinois is a possiblity. He should move here right now.

Bart

Hall of Famer
screamingeagle said:
Barkley has this problem, a gambling problem and shown to have a violent temper. How does he expect to be elected Governor of Alabama?

He couldaskLimbaugh if he still wants to be his campaign manager.

[url]http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/jamesedwards/2009/01/02/ rush-limbaugh-on-charles-barkley/ [/url]

Rush Limbaugh on Charles Barkley

From 1993. Amazing. Letterman knew 15 years ago that Barkley was unstable and completely unfit for any role in politics, as did anyone else with a pulse, but El Rushbo declared that no, he and Barkley were two of a kind, both rugged, self made individuals who were winners. And that Barkley would be great in politics, and Limbaugh would do everything he could to make him governor of Alabama, including being Barkley's campaign manager.
<BLOCKQUOTE>

LIMBAUGH: So, but I learned how the real world worked. I met people I would have otherwise not met. I've gotten to know Charles Barkley of the Phoenix Suns, Paul Westphal.

LETTERMAN: This seems like an unlikely combination, you and Charles Barkley. Here is a guy -

LIMBAUGH: Milk Dud Head.

(Audience laughs)

That's what he calls himself. You've got to know him to be able to call him that, and I do, so I can get away with it.

LETTERMAN: But he's got kind of an attitude. Every two or three weeks he's punching somebody.

LIMBAUGH: No. Let me tell you about Charles Barkley. He's become the best at what he is and what he does. He did it without any help, he did it overcoming a lot of obstacles, and he admires others who have done that, and, of course, I am one, and so we have this natural affinity for one another. We have a lot of things  well, I've overcome my obstacles too, and am still in the process of overcoming them  some in this audience, it sounds like  but that's all right, that's all right.

(Audience laughs and applauds)

LETTERMAN: See, I don't think you want to know. Everything is fine. Don't do that. Because then, you know, the next thing you know, we'll be wrestling up here, and we don't want to be wrestling, do we?

LIMBAUGH: No. Why would we do that? Not with you.

LETTERMAN: All right. So now, so tell me about Charles Barkley  no, no, not with me. Oh, never mind.  Charles Barkley, your relationship with Charles, and he is interested in politics.

LIMBAUGH: He wants to run for Governor of Alabama. Now, it's interesting about Charles, one thing you've got to understand, when he says things like, "I'm thinking of quitting," or, "I want to run for Governor of Alabama," at that moment his agent is upstairs renegotiating an extension of his contract.

LETTERMAN: Right, of course.

LIMBAUGH: But if he is serious about this, I would like to pledge my services to him. I would like to be his campaign manager, and I think if he is going to go to Alabama and run for governor, he needs a guy named Whitey. I will change my name to Whitey, and I will be his campaign manager, and I'll let him run for governor, and we'll win, we'll win.</BLOCKQUOTE>

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Barkley is a pompous windbag who randomly shoots off his yap to stay in the spotlight. He was grossly overrated as an NBA player & couldn't hold Larry Bird or John Stockton's jockstrap!

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Not surprised at Rush's support of Barkley. Rush very quickly became an establishment guy as the money rolled in and he met celebrities and himself became a celebrity. Barkley's humor is always the easy sort of blunt and arrogant kind, shoot off your mouth, then give some 5'8" sportswriter the "I be a badass" stare.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Mike Wilbon on PTI vehemently defended Barkley and actually referred to him as "the most refreshing face in the sports media today," among other insanely kiss-ass comments.

Wilbon, a black writer from Chicago, is normally the "level-headed one" on this particular jock-sniffing half hour. He normally hates criminal / deliquent activity, it's one of his few saving graces. How incredibly commonplace that a black man would defend another black man in such a way. I wonder if he'd kissing up to Barkley in such a fashion had Barkley run over one of Wilbon's children while DUI? Not likely.Edited by: Thrashen