CF Player of the Week 17

Who made a biggest difference this week?

• Matt Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Curtis

• Wes Welker

• Tony Scheffler

• Kevin Boss

• Zach Miller

• Josh Mallard

• Jared Allen

• Brian Urlacher

• Nick Greisen

• Total voters

backrow

Hall of Famer
1. Matt Jones, WR Jaguars: second in the NFL this week with 138 yards on 8 catches, one of them for a TD

2. Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles: 7 catches for 62 yards, plus for a second week in a row he recovered a fumble for a TD

3. Wes Welker, WR Patriots: 11 catches for 120 yards, 4th highest in the NFL this week

4. Tony Scheffler, TE Broncos: 5 catches fr 52 yards and a TD

5. Kevin Boss, TE Giants: 4 catches for 50 yards and a TD

6. Zach Miller, TE Raiders: game (and career) high 8 catches for 84 yards

7. Josh Mallard, DT Broncos: his best game as a pro, 4 tackles, 1 for a loss, 1.5 sacks from DT spot

8. Jared Allen, DE Chiefs: 3 tackles, 2 sacks putting him at 15.5 on a season, NFL high. and all that in 14 games

9. Brian Urlacher, LB Bears: 11 tackles, 1 interception

10. Nick Greisen, Ravens: game high 11 tackles, also recovered and returned a fumble for 24 yards

Winners so far:
Week 1: Matt Giordano, S Colts
Week 2: Barrett Ruud, LB Buccaneers
Week 3: Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles
Week 4: Dallas Clark, TE Colts
Week 5: Brian Leonard, RB Rams
Week 6: Kevin Walter, WR Texans
Week 7: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 8: Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots
Week 9: Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers
Week 10: Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants
Week 11: Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks
Week 12: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 13: Jared Allen, DE Chiefs
Week 14: Jason Witten, TE Cowboys
Week 15: Greg Camarillo, WR Dolphins
Week 16: Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Titans
Week 17:

PS. Don, thanks for expanding the poll to 10 choices! 'you da man'
smiley17.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I didn't find that poll expansion ability earlier. Additionally, everyone's pm inbox has been expanded from 50 to 200 messages, which should stop the inadvertent "full box" some of us have been unaware of when it happened.

I'm going with Welker, based on his great game and also for his tremendously successful season in breaking the all-time mark for receptions in the NFL by a white man with 112. The old mark was 101, held by Charley Hennigan (in 1964 with the AFL Houston Oilers) and Ed McCaffrey (in 2000 with the Broncos).

The dominance of Jared Allen, and all four starting defensive ends in the Pro Bowl being white this year is a close second, an amazing story of a fast rise to domination of a position by whites even though very few are given the opportunity to play it as the d-line went artificially black decades ago. That and the continued utter domination of the quarterback position by whites, along with the obvious (though not perfect) domination of the best offensive lines by whites, and the superb performance by Jason Witten in being the first white tight end in 21 years to top 1,000 yards receiving, and the noticeable rise in top-flightaddition of white talentinto the linebacking position, particularly middle linebacker, all hearken to strong cracks in the Caste System.

These pro-white changes are being lead by the most successfulorganizations, in particular the Patriots and Colts, and to lesser degrees the Chargers, Browns, Packers and Saints. However the NFL, known as a "notorious" copycat league, is not known for bucking trends that benefit white players over God'sChosen Affletes, the African Negroes, who have been blessed in the popular mind with amazing speed and moves and jumping ability sufficient to make them far and away better athletes than white men,no matter how well almost all white players perform on defense and offense. Curiously, it was the outstanding play by blacks in the early days that opened up the floodgates for the eventual largescale infusion of blacks into the league, who were all assumed by white fans to be faster, thus better,than the slower, more plodding white men in the sport.

Today we see the reverse -- white players are excelling at wide receiver when given a chance. Also at defensive end and middle linebacker. But therolereversalof the situation -- the small minority of white players dominating much like the small minority of blacks did 50 years ago -- doesn't penetrate the consciousness of white sports fans, whose attitudes have been conditioned from birth by psy-war techniques very few are even aware of. Thus the few whites allowed to play in the league are seen as nothing but further proof that they are the very rareexception to the rule that blacks rule, rather than evidencethat there'sa large number of fellow white players who would also excel if given the advantages, training, and recruiting opportunities given to blacks. There is no awareness of how white high school football stars are routinely shut out of the big-time programs in favor of blacks to an extreme degree. This very basic institutional block to the further development of white football players is almost universally unknown and not understood, which of course ensures that the anti-white status quo remains unchallengeable. Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, thanks for expanding the inboxes and the poll options. I think this might have changed some of the poll results, nonetheless I am glad we have it for the last week of the regular season.

I'm going with Welker again as well. Matt Jones had a great game, but has been trashed be his team and kept off the field for much of the season. Wes Welker continues to be in the spotlight shining as a beacon despite all those who disparage white receivers. Playing in one of the highest profile regular season NFL games in history, he starred again.

backrow

Hall of Famer
good post Don.

i think even the die hard caste fanatics will have hard time arguing the progress of white athletes this season. Pro Bowl might only be a popularity contest, but it's a huge statement to have 4 white bookend starters there.
noone can argue with what Welker and Curtis have done this season. Stokley, Urban, Matt Jones, even David Anderson and Greg Camarillo, all excelled when healthy and given the opportunity.
We had white receivers in NFL top 5 for 6-8 weeks or more. Walter was great for Texans, Furrey, even though demoted still had over 60+ grabs for over 600 yards.
white TEs dominated NFC, and with healthy Heap, Scheffler and developing Owen Daniels we might have two Pro Bowl tight ends in the AFC next year as well.
Urlacher, Ruud, Hawk, Greenway, Vrabel, Posluszny and DiGiorgio all played very well this season and i can definitely see them in Pro Bowl next season.

devans

Mentor
Matt Jones for showing the Jags fans what they have been missing while he has been sat on the bench.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Matt Jones had a great game, but has been trashed be his team and kept off the field for much of the season.

That's exactly why his performance this weekend was so important. That's why he got my vote.

GWTJ

Mentor
Getting Matt Jones going would be a huge boost for white players at all positions. He just needs to get to a team with a white QB and he will break out.

I am of the mindset that Jones is the kind of white player that the pro black management of the NFL would love to bury. White players that bring too much athleticism on the field get much less opportunity than a white player with the favored strong suits like brains and/or bulk.

To this day, I wonder why the Giants put Jason Sehorn on punt return duty. He was out of his element and got hurt rather quickly. He should have stayed at cornerback and had a long productive career.

Every white WR in the NFL with speed is downplayed and excuses are given for their success. Welker was only successful because of Moss, Stokely because of Harrison and Wayne, Furrey because of Roy Williams, etc. etc..

Matt Jones being the main guy, like a T.O. or Braylon Edwards would be the best thing to happen in the NFL since Steve Largent played.

guest301

Hall of Famer
GWTJ said:
Getting Matt Jones going would be a huge boost for white players at all positions. He just needs to get to a team with a white QB and he will break out.

I am of the mindset that Jones is the kind of white player that the pro black management of the NFL would love to bury. White players that bring too much athleticism on the field get much less opportunity than a white player with the favored strong suits like brains and/or bulk.

To this day, I wonder why the Giants put Jason Sehorn on punt return duty. He was out of his element and got hurt rather quickly. He should have stayed at cornerback and had a long productive career.

Every white WR in the NFL with speed is downplayed and excuses are given for their success. Welker was only successful because of Moss, Stokely because of Harrison and Wayne, Furrey because of Roy Williams, etc. etc..

Matt Jones being the main guy, like a T.O. or Braylon Edwards would be the best thing to happen in the NFL since Steve Largent played.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones could care less about adding white players to his team but he does enjoy adding fellow Arkansans to his team and/or coaching staff. Look for a push in the offseason by Jerry to add Matt Jones to the Cowboys.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If Matt played for a team that anyone cared about or had a chance of winning the Superbowl I'd vote for him too. The poll question is who made the biggest difference this week. I think the answer is Welker, seeing as how the Pats were getting beat and he made crucial catches that allowed them to go 16-0. Jones caught a meaningless (in the end) TD. His team got beat by Houston and will likely be out of the playoffs next week.

"Every white WR in the NFL with speed is downplayed and excuses are given for their success. Welker was only successful because of Moss, Stokely because of Harrison and Wayne, Furrey because of Roy Williams, etc. etc"

I've had this argument about Welker. The logical response: defy your opponent to name a single black receiver who derived this magical benefit from being on the field with Moss. Cris Carter, an established star when Moss came into the league, doesn't count. Why didn't the Vikings' or Raiders' "second" receiver ever catch 110 passes?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Hey Backrow, are you gonna go a CF player of the year?
That would be cool!"

A good idea! There would be many candidates this season, however, I would think that Welker would win that award with little-to-no competition.

Leading the league in catches doesnt happen too often for a white WR....not to mention his team only went undefeated because of his many many clutch receptions!

Great season
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
sure thing, i will do it after the positional reviews though. probably use a seperate one for defense and offense, too, even though Welker and Allen will most likely run away with the prize.
smiley2.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
well, do one for the NFC and one for the AFC...

Jason Witten need to be the champion of the NFC
smiley36.gif
that was what, 20 years that a white TE didnt have 1000yards..
he would have my vote that's for sure

backrow

Hall of Famer
oh yeah, no doubt GWJT, but i probably wouldn't include QBs, they would take the cake every time! it would be as always WR/TE, RB plus defense.

whiteCB

Master
i went with Matt Jones as hopefully he will carry this great game into a excellent postseason!!!