CF Player of the Week 14

Who made a biggest difference this week?

• Jerhame Urban

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Witten

• Patrick Kerney

• Kyle Vanden Bosch

• Matt Wilhelm

• Total voters

backrow

Hall of Famer
1. Jerhame Urban, WR Cardinals: game high and his career best 6 catches for 123 yards and a TD

2. Jason Witten, TE Cowboys: career high 15 catches for 138 yards and game winning TD! he led all receivers in yards in week 14

3. Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks: in a span of 4 games, he has 9 sacks and 1 INT... in week 14 he had 7 tackles, 3 sacks and 5 QH

4. Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Titans: a sensational day for Kyle: 8 tackles, 3 sacks and 7(!) quarterback hurries/hits!

5. Matt Wilhelm, MLB Chargers: game high 10 tackles, 1 interception, 2 PDs

Winners so far:

Week 1: Matt Giordano, S Colts
Week 2: Barrett Ruud, LB Buccaneers
Week 3: Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles
Week 4: Dallas Clark, TE Colts
Week 5: Brian Leonard, RB Rams
Week 6: Kevin Walter, WR Texans
Week 7: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 8: Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots
Week 9: Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers
Week 10: Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants
Week 11: Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks
Week 12: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 13: Jared Allen, DE ChiefsEdited by: backrow

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
My vote goes to Urban this week.

This kid has to be one of the most resiliant white WR's I've ever seen (and that's saying something special).

What he's doing in AZ this season is EXACTLY what he did with the Seahawks....make plays whenever he's on the field. Yet all Holmgren wanted was to get rid of Urban, as he was cut / released / waived nearly about 12 times in his breif career in Seattle.

Sunday was ironic, in that he's now with ultra-caste AZ and is running right past Holmgren's beloved "affletes." Seattle still won the game, but Urban (once again) made a case for himself as a very talented NFL WR.

The caste war is being won each week by men like Jerehme Urban. I'd love to see him get signed by some team that really wants him. I personally think the Chargers would be a good fit with their suckass WR's. If he would start an entire season at #1-#3 WR, he would get over 1000 yards with EASE. He's come too far to give up now...

Congrats Jerehme, you earned this day!Edited by: Thrashen

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
This week is tougher than I thought. Both Vanden Bosch and Wilhelm deserve it, but I think Witten set or matched a record for the most receptions by a tight end. Also, there is no way this guy should go the entire season without winning the award at least once, he's there week in and week out.

Witten for Week 14.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Im going with Urban. He had a fantastic grab that has gotten praise form the guys on ESPN! Witten has emerged as the top tightend and how bout that Kerney guy?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Either this weekend or next weekend, Jason Witten will become the first white TE to go over 1,000 yards receiving since Mark Bavaro in 1986. This was his best week of the season, and won't likely be topped. He caught the game winner and was a huge factor in this game. If Witten weren't in it I'd vote for Urban, but I have to go with Jason this week.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kerney's insane. he got a lot of praise and attention from the announcers.

Urban made a nice catch but i can't help but think he could have just caught it before it bounced of him
smiley17.gif

Witten has it all. athletism, intelligence, great set of hands, tentacity and he's mentally tough. he fumbled the ball away and yet on following posession he once again stepped up and became a go-to guy for Romo coming up with several great catches and of course a game winning TD.

My vote is Vanden Bosch, simply because I watched that game and it was probably the best performance I've personally seen from a Defensive Linemen in a few years. While that fat sumo Haynesworth was leaving the field to catch his breath at critical moments, Vanden Bosch was out there playing his ass off.

Gotta go with Witten as well. That was one of hopefully many more career games for him. I'm hoping for many more weeks down the line where 3 of the top 5 receivers on the week are white.

devans

Mentor
I voted for Urban because here is a guy who has found it difficult to last a season without getting cut and finding himself out of the league, racking up 123 yards receiving. It might not be the best pure footballing performance, but is the best example of how some great players somehow find it hard to get a job in the NFL, and is therefore the best caste-busting performance of the week

backrow

Hall of Famer
best thing about Witten is his age, he's only 25!

Urban's got good speed, if anything it's his hands that are not superb (yet still way better than your average black receiver)

Bart

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
best thing about Witten is his age, he's only 25!

Yeah, I noticed his age the other day when I did some comparisons.He's already caught more than 330 passes in his career. Many whitetight ends and receivers don't even get to play regularly until they are in their upper twenties, it seems. He has a chance of setting some records if he continues at this rate. I guess I will vote for Witten this week.

Stonewall

Guru
All of these men are deserving following their outstanding performances. I voted for Witten, he just took over that game catching 15 passes. Witten is so young, because he left Tennessee after his junior year for the NFL. We need more of our white college athletes to do this and not listen to the "stay in school" lectures we hear from the media. Our guys are smart, they can get their degrees in the offseason.

Urban returned a kickoff for the Dallas Cowboys in a preseason game for a touchdown, and was later cut. I remember watching the highlight back in August, and saying "here's another white player who is going to be cast aside". Well, Mr. Urban, congratulations to you. You persevered, worked hard, and showed you are a real man.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This was the best week of the season so far for standout performances by white players.

I voted for Witten, but the Kerneyites have regrouped and are now campaigning for Patrick to be named the Player of the Year after his recent stretch of totally dominant play.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"I voted for Witten, but the Kerneyites have regrouped and are now campaigning for Patrick to be named the Player of the Year after his recent stretch of totally dominant play."

Personally, I feel that Wes Welker has done the most this year to show the idiot white fans / talking heads / media what a white man can really do on the field. I mean, holy sh*t, there are some games where Welker literally took over the game.

Welker DEFINED caste-busting this season. Think about it, he's short, he's small, he's a white WR, and he didn't run a sub 4.4 40-yard dash. He was cut by the Chargers (of all teams in need of a quality WR), screwed by the world's blackest team in Miami, and now look what has happened to him!

When New England extends his contract, he'll not only be a multi-millionare, he'll win a couple SB's with Brady before it's all said and done!

Once again I'll say this...Welker will be named superbowl MVP this season (or at least runner-up to Brady). I know he'll do amazing in the passing game, but he'll be returning kicks/punts and will SHINE throughout the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about Welker. Also the white quarterbacks who continue to dominate the position have been very key in holding off the complete installation of the segregation policies desired by the NFL. Just having a little fun with the "Kerneyites" vs. the "Patbackians" from the poll of a few weeks ago. Though I do think the rise of the star white DE (Kerney, Kampman, Allen, Vanden Bosch and Schobel in particular) after many years of extinction is a great thing.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Personally, I'd love to see the Patbackians get into the fray again. I wonder if we will see the duo for any extended length during the remainder of the season and playoffs?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Patriots ran 8 times last game, 8 frickin' times! against the Steelers no less. Another aspect of the caste system, if you don't have any good black RB's--don't even let the white ones run! pass instead. My touch football team ran the ball more times.
smiley18.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
i am pretty sure that Patbacks will reappear. Pats game plan for Steelers was to challenge their secondary and expose their weaknesses and they did that.