Caste Free WR Draft Projections

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The 5 year draft average for WRs is 32. The Undrafted Free Agent (training camp) trend for WRs is 78. So all in all; I would say around 45-50 rookie WRs will get a practice squad or roster contract at some point during their first season.

This is a deep WR class; with lots of guys who worked out well this year. In a fair world these are the WRs I think who should be drafted; somewhere near this order.

Here are my top 36 WRs that should be drafted:

1. Jeremy Maclin
(A true game breaker w/ top production)

2. Percy Harvin
(Versatile & fast; ran a 4.41, can also run the ball)

3. Michael Crabtree
(A similar prospect to Collie in most ways but a little bigger)

4. Darius Hayward-Bey
(Insane 4.30 40; produced fairly well.)

5. Austin Collie
(Notes for white WRs at bottom of post)

6. Kenny Britt
(Good Combine #s for size w/ great stats, average hands)

7. Hakeeem Nicks
(Doesn't have great speed; physical agile and productive)

8. Brian Robiskie
(Great Combine showing like Hartline #s dropped w/ Pryor)

9. Louis Murphy
(Great Size speed combo; pretty good production)

10. Brian Hartline
(Notes for white WRs at bottom of post)

11. Juaquin Iglesias
(Isn't a burner, but a productive and great slot target)

12. Eric Peterman (white)
(dwid's Youtube video blew me away.)

13. Mohamed Massaquoi
(not a burner, but a great possession WR)

14. Jarrett Dillard
(An underrated WR which is very rare if you're black)

15. Andrew Means
(Notes for white WRs at bottom)

16. Quan Cosby
17. Mike Thomas
18. Ramses Barden
19. Derrick Williams
(Avg. stats; very agile, had flu days before bad Combine)
20. Andy Brodell (white)
21. Brandon Gibson
22. John Matthews (white)
23. Mike Wallace
24. Kenny McKinley
25. Aaron Kelly
26. Kole Heckendorf (white)
27. Patrick Turner
28. Nate Swift (white)
29. Deon Butler
30. Dicky Lyons (white)
31. Vinny Perretta (white)
32. Johnny Knox
33. Demetrius Byrd
34. Charly Martin (white)
35. Matt Simon (white)
36. Eric Morris (white)

Here I will indicate all white WRs draft stock in my top 50:

Austin Collie: Rank 5th: Early 2nd round:
(Only a solid performance at Combine; His now official 40 time of 4.56 was close to what I expected. Did impress, but didn't blow you away with agility workout numbers at the Combine. Still a quality receiver who, if fair, would make a GREAT starting Flanker or Slot man; a great route runner with great on field agility. He has game-speed and can separate out of his breaks. Has great hands and is pretty physical and he had a better Pro Day showing than Combine.)

Brian Hartline: Rank 10th: Late 2nd/ Early 3rd: (Excellent all-round Combine performance, just like Robiskie; really stood out in agility drills. Can't really blame him for drop in production; he had a freshman run-happy QB in Pryor, but Pryor did play great for a freshman. Hartline has the versatility to play any one of the 3 WR roles X-Z. He is great at separation out of his breaks.)

Eric Peterman: Rank 12th: 3rd round: (As I admitted I hadn't seen him play much in his career; only saw him once last season in the Michigan game and once the year before and didn't know enough about Northwestern's offense. I had seen his Rivals' H.S highlights a while back, however dwid's quality Youtube footage of him blew me away. Peterman is EXTREMELY AGILE and has amazing game speed. He ran a 4.45 at his Pro-Day. This guy can play; his game speed may actually be in the 4.3 range! Good work dwid!)

Andrew Means: Rank: 15th: Late 3rd round: (Good Combine showing and outstanding Pro Day showing: A possible Slot WR type with the speed to also play Split-End, he models his game after friend Anthony Gonzalez. Says he wants to try playing both baseball and football professionally if possible; production pretty good, not great.)

Andy Brodell: Rank 20th: Late 4th/ Early 5th: (Found a Quality '08 highlight film of him on Youtube; He appears to have his game-speed back that made him so good in the '06 season and his career day in the '07 Alamo Bowl; he still looked good; very agile, but not quite as agile as Peterman. His stats were hurt in Iowa's run happy offense; which may cause me to still under-rank him some along with the fact that he had a few too many drops last year. Versatile enough to play X-Z WR spots.)

John Matthews: Rank 22nd: (small schooler): 5th round: I wasn't able to find footage of Matthews. I only could base my ranking here on what I read on NFLdraftscout, his athletic measurements and great production in the lower level. I read some very positive reviews of him in the NFLdraftscout newswire from scouts and coaches.

Kole Heckendorf: Rank 26th: (small schooler): 6th round: (This guy is what you'd call a blazer; 4.44 speed. He's only a solid route runner from what I've read, but he displays good hands. Should have been playing in the FBS. Appears to be a natural Split-End. I may be ranking Kole a bit low, but he is a bit raw in a few areas as of right now.)

Nate Swift: Rank 28th: 6th round (Underperformed at Combine, even in agility drills. Game-film pretty good, but not spectacular. Could make an impact as 4th WR right away and maybe work his way up to a starting Flanker role eventually for a team desperate for a solid WR. Does not have ideal agility or size for the Slot, but he's a big physical target who runs routes pretty well and displays good hands and toughness. More importantly is that this guy just knows how to play.)

Dicky Lyons: Rank 30th: Late 6th/ Early 7th: (Ranked much lower due to serious injury concerns; his recovery is coming along well, but he is still too much of a risk to be taken high. This guy could make a great Flanker or Slot Man for a team; sort of like Brian Hartline in playing style and workout measurements. Lyons is a very elusive player and could be a very high reward pick for some team.)

Vinny Perretta: Rank 31st: 7th round: (This guy can stretch the field with his 4.43 speed and gets good separation out of his breaks. He is only 5'9 though and wasn't too productive at Boise State. Perretta also shows great change of direction ability while running routes and possesses impressive hands. He could play Slot or possibly even Split-End in the NFL.

Charly Martin: Rank 34th: (small schooler): 7th round: (Read above: same situation here as with Matthews. These guys could very well be better than I've ranked them.)

Matt Simon: Rank 35th: 7th round/ FA: (I haven't seen this guy play and only read about him, but he appears to be a solid WR from what I've read and recently ran a 4.48 40.)

Eric Morris: Rank 36th: 7th round/ FA: (A natural slot man, with some speed to go with it. This guy changes direction well and is tough with good hands. He is only 5'8 though. He was pretty productive in Texas Tech's pass happy offense. Morris supposedly runs around a 4.5 40.

Tyler Grisham: Rank range 38-43: Priority FA: (A natural slot man; reminds a bit of Devone Bess or Danny Amendola, but not as productive in college as those guys. Best case scenario, Grisham could turn into a "poor man's" Wes Welker (not as athletic as Welker). Grisham didn't have a good 40 time at his Pro Day and his 10 yard dash (for his size) wasn't good either. He was also a let down in the bench press. However this guy is a good route runner, is pretty agile for a prospect and is tough with good hands.)

Darren Mougey: Rank Range 41-46: Medium interest FA:
This guy is a big physical specimen that could also be a wildcat QB. He has both thrown and caught the ball in college. Practice squad?

Jon Davis: Rank Range 45-50 (small schooler): Medium interest FA: Practice Squad? (I never saw this guy play and only base my ranking on what I read, his production and athletic measurables.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------

So all together I have 16 white WRs in my top 50 draft prospects and 13 getting drafted out of my 36 projected draftees. This is an NFL position that should be about 70% white IMO; so this is very disturbing that their are so few white FBS guys getting a shot to shine. Lots of these white WRs are more talented than their ranking indicates. They either weren't thrown to enough, or had a run happy offense to work with (Hartline, Brodell). Also you have to rank the small schoolers lower due to level of competition.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Having personally watched Maclin since high school, he is the real deal. However, I've seen Chase Coffman play since high school also and Chase is every bit as good. They're different types of players and at Mizzou Chase Daniel used them perfectly. Maclin has the speed and decent hands. Coffman has good speed with the best hands in college football. I know that Chase will be listed as a TE but he is definetly a hybrid TE/WR. If Chase shouldn't go any lower than the 2nd round. Chances are he may be the first white player who catches a ball to get drafted.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Out of the Practice squad candidate white WRs I mentioned; I think Andy Brodell is the most talented; but he had a serious hamstring injury and the production just wasn't there for him this year in the Hawkeyes' run happy offense. Brodell is a freak athlete with great agility who doesn't lose much speed when making a cut. He also has good (not spectacular) top end speed and is a threat as a returner. I have seen Youtube highlights of him as well as watched him about 3 times on television for the Hawkeyes to evaluate him.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
mrjohnnynofear said:
Having personally watched Maclin since high school, he is the real deal. However, I've seen Chase Coffman play since high school also and Chase is every bit as good. They're different types of players and at Mizzou Chase Daniel used them perfectly. Maclin has the speed and decent hands. Coffman has good speed with the best hands in college football. I know that Chase will be listed as a TE but he is definetly a hybrid TE/WR. If Chase shouldn't go any lower than the 2nd round. Chances are he may be the first white player who catches a ball to get drafted.

Yeah that's why I have Maclin ranked higher than Crabtree. Crabtree was in a very pass happy offense and doesn't have the elite game breaking skills Maclin possesses. Crabtree had ridiculous production and has great hands and route running ability. However, Maclin will be one of the fastest players in the NFL and is an elite talent as far as getting separation out of his breaks and has good hands too. Maclin might be a bigger Steve Smith; while Crabtree is like a Larry Fitgerald type.

As far as Coffman; he will make an excellent TE. His speed (in the high 4.7s) isn't really typical WR speed; but for a mammoth TE of 6'6 255 lbs. with the hands and route running ability he has; it is good. He is a very physical and brave player too. He played through a lot of pain this season for Missouri.

The other white TE to keep our eyes on is Rice's James Casey. The guy is a great athlete and is also very agile. He has 4.6 speed and even ran the ball some at Rice. Casey could be another Dallas Clark/ Chris Cooley type. He also possesses some of the qualities of a poor man's Peyton Hillis; which is quite a compliment. Casey could even be used as a Michael Bush/Tony Hunt type runner if it were fair, as well as a third down receiving RB out of the backfield.

Come on guys! Where's the love for this thread? The draft is coming up!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Eric Peterman has been timed in the low 4.4s throughout his collegiate career, and he was also an excellent cornerback at Northwestern before moving back to offense. without a doubt, he should be a highly ranked prospect.

Andrew Means is an interesting case. he is phenomenally athletic as shown by his inclusion in the Combine (though many true white speed demons were overlooked), and if the NFL jerks him around he is also a Major League prospect in baseball.

i think you are spot on about Brodell and Casey, though. they are wicked good.

i didn't see you mention the following incredible athletes: Darren Mougey (San Diego State), Garrett Manning (Henderson State), or Bradon Godfrey (Utah). they should make the list somewhere, methinks.

also, you've not mentioned either of the speed freaks from Kent State: Julian Edelman and Jameson Konz. what do you think of them?

Edelman, in case you've forgotten, was Kent State's starting quarterback and took over as the punt returner by the end of the year while also leading the team in rushing (1,370 yards and 13 touchdowns). Konz runs a 4.3-40 at 6-3, 222-pounds but was used as a blocking tight end at Kent State.
smiley5.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I didn't realize Eric Peterman was that fast. NFLdraftscout lists his 40 time as only 4.59, but they have been wrong before. They list Jake Sharp's as 4.57 which is way off; he recently ran a 4.38 for Kansas coaches which would probably put him in the low to mid 4.4 range for electronic times at the combine. I must admit I didn't see much footage of Peterman as a player and was going mostly on the small knowledge I have of him as a player.

I am going to do a pre-draft re-ranking of these players. If Peterman runs in the 4.4 range like you say at his pro-day, I will move him up into at least the top 30 or so players in the nation. Peterman didn't really stand out from the pack of draft prospects for a starting WR as far as production, which is why I didn't rank him higher, but part of that may have been Northwestern's offense and ball distribution.

Fellow Northwestern WR Ross Lane, to me, didn't seem like a draftable prospect from what I know of him; considering just how many talented WRs that have entered the draft. He's a solid possession receiver for Northwestern though.

I didn't follow Kent State at all so I forgot about those two white speed blazers; I'll look into them. I would assume Edelman and Konz should have scouts salivating of them even though they weren't used for Kent State as receiving threats. This would be sort of the way scouts have salivated at the idea of the agile Pat White as a WR prospect.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just checked and Julian Edelman is ranked as the #49th RB on NFLdraftscout.com. I have never seen this guy play, but he is obviously quite the talent if NFLdraftscout has him as a top 50 RB without ever truly playing tailback before.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Andrew Mean's speed is listed at 4.59 on NFLdraftscout.com. I hope he indeed shows he's an athletic freak at the combine, like you say JC, and runs a sub 4.5 and really moves up draft boards.

NFLdraftscout.com only lists him as the #66 best WR in this draft. His production was average at Indiana. Means is heavy for a 6 footer WR at 214 lbs. If he can indeed run a sub 4.5 at the combine he deserves to be drafted, because I hear he is very strong and runs good routes. It is reported he is thinking about playing both baseball and football professionally if he can make it in both.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Tough,

when considering the numbers put up by Northwestern's receivers you need to take the following into account: their quarterback threw 75% of his passes within 5 yards or behind the line of scrimmage. they run some weird spread offense, and he simply didn't have the arm or the accuracy to throw the ball downfield.

i watched Northwestern play a couple of times this year, and the announcers talked at length about the offense's unwillingness/inability to throw the ball downfield.

that left them the option of stretching the field horizontally and hoping their speedy wideouts could break a tackle and pick up yards after contact. i hope this helps.
smiley1.gif

also, don't be surprised if Ross Lane runs in the low 4.5-range. he's faster than he's given credit for.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am going to do a re-ranking of these players after the combine and Pro-day. Eric Peterman, Andrew Means and Andy Brodell will probably move up in my rankings depending on what they run at the combine and their Pro-day. But as I said before; none of these guys had huge numbers; but you are correct that the offenses they were in had something to do with it. I would say Peterman is the most likely for me to move up significantly in the rankings.

As far as RBs. I will probably move Nate Kmic up a little in my rankings. Seeing quality footage of him that dwid provided makes me think he may be the third best small school prospect in this draft after Rashad Jennings and Tyler Roehl. But there is a talented black RB from Albilene Christian by the name of Bernard Scott, who I rank as my third best small school back currently. In 2007 he had a "RIDICULOUS" season statistically. From reports, I hear he's good and he has size and solid speed. However, I have not found footage of him yet.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
TJR,

Is your projected draft round based on a "fair" NFL or the racist NFL which we all know and loathe? Thanks for the info. Great job!

G

Freethinker said:
TJR,

Is your projected draft round based on a "fair" NFL or the racist NFL which we all know and loathe?

Looks more like the latter to me...hardly "caste-free".

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Latspread said:
Freethinker said:
TJR,

Is your projected draft round based on a "fair" NFL or the racist NFL which we all know and loathe?

Looks more like the latter to me...hardly "caste-free".

The reason I ask is because TJR has 7 white receivers getting drafted. That would be exceptional compared to the 2 who were drafted last year.
smiley13.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It is hard for me to have more white players ranked in the draftable range when only 20% or so of Division IA WRs are white and probably even less of the starters. I have the white guys ranked "much higher" than NFLdraftscout.com and even significantly higher than Draftdaddy, who I believe is still a little unfair.

NFLdrafscout is looking more and more pathetic lately.
They only have one white WR projected to be drafted this year, Austin Collie, and they have him going 17th.
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

They have Brian Hartline ranked 42nd.
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

And Nate Swift ranked around 55th. Caste despicable they are; as Yoda would say.

I actually have 8-10 white WRs listed as getting drafted by my fair rankings. However this isn't a good year for white wideouts and there are lots of elite black WRs this year. Next year will be "MUCH" better; it's the year of the white WR, as my thread in the college stars forum was titled. My top WR for next year is Eric Decker ranked 1st currently and I have Jordan Shipley ranked 2nd. I also would have Bryan Anderson (looks mostly white) Kerry Meier an maybe Ryan Wolfe and Chris McGaha in my top 10 for next year.

And now that I have more info on Peterman I am going to move him up in my rankings after his Pro-day unless he does horrible there.

Andrew Means and Andy Brodell, neither who were overly impressive production wise especially Brodell, could also see a jump in my rankings if they perform well at the combine and their Pro-day respectively. They both have a lot of talent and are very explosive athletes.

Edited to add: To answer your question Free-Thinker if the above info didn't already; it's based on fair analysis of projecting the stock of the small number of white WRs who are actually getting a shot in the FBS and put in a position to succeed. We all know the FBS is racist.

You also have to remember that certain guys like deep threat Kyle Hudson for example, who formerly started for Illinois and is a freak athlete, were doomed by their team's caste policies. Black QB Juice Williams came in and doesn't throw the ball down-field enough anyway (he's a dink and dunk scrambling guy), and when he did he seemed like he didn't trust Hudson for some reason (not saying for sure it had to do with racism). The coach should have given Juice a lecture that "Hudson is our best WR; throw to him more!"

You could say the same thing for Brian Hartline and Brian Robiskie's draft stock being hurt just a little in my rankings, by lack of production because Tressel started Pryor as a freshman. It might have been better to wait until next year to start Pryor, although Pryor did very well for a freshman. However, I barely dropped those two down unlike other draft annalists who only dropped Hartline significantly not Robiskie; more evidence of a caste system. It's any excuse to hurt a white skill player's draft stock.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I believe I remember someone stating that 25 percent of wide receivers in college are white. I am not sure if that was starters or total. That is still a high number considering the low percentage of white receivers we have in the NFL.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Bump: rankings updated. I have moved Eric Peterman up in my rankings. I saw a couple places on the web that he has a projected 40 time around 4.5, I also saw 4.6 from two sources, but he plays faster than that. I have been pretty impressed with his talent from what little I've seen of him at Northwestern and have considered what other posters have said. Peterman's a much more draftable prospect than Ross Lane IMO.

Edited to add: I also moved Derrick Williams up one ahead of Brian Robiskie. And somehow John Matthews got deleted from my rankings...how the heck did that happen; I'll have to fix it.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i am confused.

how is it possible for you to rank these players when you've not seen extensive video of many of them playing?

for example, there was a white receiver who played for Cal a few years back who was the fastest wideout in the Pac-10. his last name was DeSa, i think. anyway, he was fast as lightning, but he couldn't run a route or catch a ball to save his life. but if you went by measurables and physical size, he was an incredible specimen.

conversely, on the other end of the spectrum there are black receivers like Michael Crabtree who put up huge numbers but will be lucky to break 4.6 in the 40.

i'm just wondereing how can you evaluate the playing abilities of these individuals if you've not seen a lot of them in action?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I have seen "nearly" all of these players in action via Youtube, Google video, Yahoo video, games on t.v or for a few if I couldn't find other footage; Rivals.com h.s footage before they changed the highlights to only membership granted.

There were a few I admit (like Ramses Barden who got high praise and rankings everywhere I read; his 40 time isn't great 4.55-4.6, but his production was spectacular for Cal-Poly Div. IAA and he is 6'6 225 lbs.) that I was basing it on what NFLdraftscout said about them.

However, if NFLdraftscout gives a white player high praise they will always rank them lower than what their words in their analysis and newswire reports should indicate. Therefore I know I can jump them up in my rankings based on measurables, statistics and what I have read.

I admit my analysis wouldn't be as accurate as fair-minded person who does this for a living, but it still has some worth I think. The only footage I saw of Nate Kmic for instance before dwid's video was the Div. III championship game this year and he seemed to me like a slightly more athletic version of Mike Hart.

He seemed like a scrappy little guy who fought for yards like a beast, he had a better burst than Hart, but was more of a one-cut and accellerate to the hole type.

I based my rankings on that, his measurables listed on NFLdraftscout and his production which was the best of all time in Div. III and record for all levels (his yards per carry was good, but not spectacular).

When I saw dwid's video, he looked better on Youtube than what I had seen of him in the game and what I had read about him which was mostly high praise. Anyway I am planning on moving him up a little in my rankings. He seemed like he had "elite" skills in space in the second level to make a cut for Div. III, but for the NFL he still "wouldn't blow you away". So that is how I ranked the players.
smiley1.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW: I also read Adam Nettina's article where he compared Kmic to Justin Beaver w/ maybe a little less top end speed. Personally I think Beaver may have been a slightly better prospect, although i sort of forget because I watched him on Youtube a while back.

However, neither of these guys are as good a propect as Woodhead, who is literally one of the most agile guy's ever from what I've heard and the few runs I saw of him on CSTV; not much footage, but it blew me away.

I only have seen about 2 or 3 different runs by Woodhead on Youtube and also 2 or 3 on CSTV, but I read some stuff about him and saw his eye popping numbers including yards per carry and ridiculous measurables. He not only ran a 4.33 and 4.38 at his Pro-day which would probably be about a 4.4 flat at the combine, but he ran a 1.43 10 yard dash if I recall.

That is an insane burst. Woodhead also had a great broad jump, bench press and I believe had a 38 inch vertical which is insane for such a compact little guy.

BTW: I should have ranked both Woodhead and Jacob Hester higher last year, but didn't put quite enough time in. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW I only looked into the players in the top 50 on NFLdraftscout "AND" ones listed on draftdaddy's 3 different rankings (Small School Sleeper, Big School Surprise and top 10 lists) I also looked into all the white players for the most part that were talked about in the college stars forums that the "draft analysts" may have overlooked.

There is definitely a chance for this reason that I could have missed a black sleeper or two for my top 20, but not likely b/c those Nfldraftscout frauds find them all and only miss the white ones for the most part.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Draftdaddy is a source of info; they posted those highlights a couple months back and I was very impressed when I saw them. How can NFLdraftscout have Brodell ranked 126th. They are a farce I tell you a farce! Brodell's hamstring completely tore right from the bone though and that is a real bad hamstring injury.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the biggest strike *pun* against Andrew Means besides his skin color isn't his lack of numbers last season. (he led Indiana in receiving yards, by the way. he was second on the team last year.)

his biggest strike is that he has already been drafted by the Cincinatti Reds and is expected to be in srping training for them in February and is likely to miss training camp for any potential NFL suitor.

if i were re-ranking your list, i'd take that into consideration. he's not likely to get drafted until way late in the draft with his baseball committment.
smiley1.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I already mentioned his baseball endeavors, earlier but you may not have read that since my posts I admit are too long sometimes.

But according to what I read on NFLdraftscout he wants to try to play both sports at least at first. He wants to be the next big two sport athlete.

BTW: He may have led Indiana in receiving yards, but his production was not amongst the "elite"; he had in the 600s for receiving yards if I recall. But Indiana was not one of the teams I followed much; so I don't really know about why they didn't throw to him more, if he's such a talent like I hear. I mean that's pretty good production, but compared to the elite guys like Crabtree and white guys like Collie, Shipley and Decker and even Swift it doesn't stand out. I don't know much about how Indiana runs their offense though.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
JC, if you don't think my rankings are accurate, then you could try a top 20 or 30 list yourself. I really only got seriously into college football at the end of last year, with Jacob Hester and LSU getting me into it. I am sure you are a bit more knowledgeable than me on the subject. I actually like college more than the NFL now, but this has just come about very recently. Just saying, if you want to do some rankings go ahead, I'd like to hear your analysis.

I just personally didn't think this was the best year for white WRs as top prospects other than Collie, who I would have ranked higher if it wasn't such a strong draft year. Collie is similar in many ways to Crabtree IMO, both lack elite speed, but are great prospects for instance; I don't want to go into a full scouting report, but I do think Crabtree has a "slight" edge as a prospect.

However, if Decker (who isn't a burner either) and Shipley (who is fast for an elite WR) were in the draft this year I probably would have had both of them ahead of Crabtree; and certainly Collie.