CASTE FOOTBALL UPDATE

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don, I am glad you are staying positive about getting better. It is one of the most important factors for a full recovery. I know dealing with multiple doctors is frustrating especially if they are from another country like mine. I had a stroke 9 months ago and I can say I am back to almost 100%. I lost my earing which put me in a deep funk but luckily hearing aids have helped me regain the ability to have a conversation. Music is not the same it all sounds like the same person is singing. I pray for you daily to have a full recovery. You will get better.
I appreciate that and am glad you're almost back to one hundred percent, that's inspiring to know!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
@white lightning I tried cbd oil and it did nothing for me. It is supposedly a miracle drug for anxiety but I had no improvement.

There are different levels of the oil. The stronger they better they work but they can get expensive. Many people just buy the slow release
cbs vitamin pills. Anyways, good luck and hopefully you have better results in the future.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't updated for a while, the good news is that I've made close to a complete recovery. Even started doing bench presses again a couple weeks ago, so am back to my former workout schedule while slowly increasing the amount of weight. I don't know if my left arm will ever feel completely normal again but overall much of the strength is coming back and it keeps improving.

I do have a funky left leg at times. Don't know what the cause is but it's possible I had some slight mini-strokes that have affected it. Have had tons of tests done since the stroke and everything has come back positive. Neither my PCP nor the neurologist I saw a few times can tell me what's causing it so I'm hoping it will improve over time and am trying to pinpoint what seems to trigger it at times. But hey, I'm getting older, very few reach retirement age and beyond without medical issues.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very happy to hear about your positive progress and it's faster than we could have all though possible. Hope you continue to feel
back to as close to normal as possible. Just in time to enjoy football season in a couple of months. Great news Don!

El Gringo

Mentor
Good to hear your back pumping iron!!! Thanks for the update and prayers for continued good health.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update Don. Happy to hear the positive news and keep doing what you are doing. It’s clearly working.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
But hey, I'm getting older, very few reach retirement age and beyond without medical issues.
Don. glad to hear you're recovering. Keep moving and exercising/lifting. You are correct in the statement above. I'm not quite to retirement and have experienced several issues myself. At 49 I was diagnosed with stage 4 throat Cancer and had never been a smoker. I've had some skin Cancers as well. Been in several car wrecks that were not my fault and had some neck and back issues. Also, have a torn meniscus in my left knee that was caused by a HS football injury. It stinks getting older, but I keep moving even when I don't feel like it. But there's alot of positives to aging. Seeing your children grow into adults, graduations, marriages, etc. Hoping for some grandkids soon. I guess I'll just keep going as best as I can until the good Lord decides to take me to my eternal home.
Here's to your continued recovery Don and thank you for all you do to keep CF alive!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don. glad to hear you're recovering. Keep moving and exercising/lifting. You are correct in the statement above. I'm not quite to retirement and have experienced several issues myself. At 49 I was diagnosed with stage 4 throat Cancer and had never been a smoker. I've had some skin Cancers as well. Been in several car wrecks that were not my fault and had some neck and back issues. Also, have a torn meniscus in my left knee that was caused by a HS football injury. It stinks getting older, but I keep moving even when I don't feel like it. But there's alot of positives to aging. Seeing your children grow into adults, graduations, marriages, etc. Hoping for some grandkids soon. I guess I'll just keep going as best as I can until the good Lord decides to take me to my eternal home.
Here's to your continued recovery Don and thank you for all you do to keep CF alive!
I made it to 60 with no serious problems, but in the last few years I've had cataracts removed in both eyes, had two surgeries related to kidney and bladder stones, one where the surgeon opened me up to get the stones out because they had grown so large, some dental issues, and a stroke. But though I enjoy beer I've always exercised and worked out regularly and keep my weight under control and I think that's helped as I feel strong most of the time. Keep on keepin' on!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks for the update, Don, and VERY glad to hear it’s such a positive one! my kiddos say a prayer every time we sit down to eat, and they NEVER forget to ask the Good Lord, please help Dad’s friend Don Wassall.”

i’m incredibly happy about your continuing progress.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Good news indeed, Don. I know you were concerned about your typing skills eroding. Hopefully that is no problem for you now. I play pickleball with a fellow who has recovered from a stroke. Get this, he is in his mid-seventies and can play up to four hrs. a day. You got this.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good news indeed, Don. I know you were concerned about your typing skills eroding. Hopefully that is no problem for you now. I play pickleball with a fellow who has recovered from a stroke. Get this, he is in his mid-seventies and can play up to four hrs. a day. You got this.
As always, it's great to have this virtual community of friends and I appreciate the good wishes and prayers.

Quiet Speed, your pickleball competitor is impressive. I think my tennis playing days are likely over (don't have anyone to play with anymore anyway) but have a goal of playing golf again, either this summer or next.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm sure many of you noticed the site has been down a lot the past couple of days and when it wasn't no one could post. My webmaster has fixed it, at least temporarily. Please post here if you have any more issues. The webmaster is going to be very busy today and so we need to let him know of any continuing problems if any.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the updates Don both on your health and on this great website. It's helped alot of us when we get depressed. It's a
virtual community of mostly like minded intelligent individuals working to make a difference in the world.

Glad your recovering and that's exciting about getting out to play golf again soon. Anything outside is good for your physical, mental and
emotional health. When we are connected with nature we are happier. Many studies have show this. I love camping as it's a another
great destresser. Also walking, running, bike riding and too many sports to mention. Tennis is fun and I've played on and off but still
have yet to try pickleball. Anyways, keep up the great work online and offline Don. Your like family to all of us here.

El Gringo

Mentor
Don have you looked into any alternative payment companies for donations? I know there many out there now. I would send you a check but I’m kind of adhd and would soon prioritize something else.

Hartline

Guru
Sorry to hear about that Don. I'm glad recovery is going well. I do appreciate you running this website and the effort thats gone into running and maintaining it over the years even if I'm not the most active poster. Its nice to have a website that talks about taboo politically incorrect issues that are plaguing our sports leagues not just in America but globally. Its one aspect of society a lot of Nationalists dismiss as "bread and circus" distractions but sports is one of the most important cultural forces in society and it should not be overlooked. Its an issue that the right seems to ignore many cultural battlegrounds in which the left use to disseminate their destructive propaganda

Strokes are no laughing matter. I just experienced my grandfather have a major stroke last January and my family spent the whole of last year dealing with the fallout. He didnt last 12 months after it and passed in November. He recovered enough to walk again but had a few relapses and ending up dying in hospital after being in and out of hospital for most of last year. My dad did everything he could in spite of hospital staff that clearly didnt care about him or his recovery. We called his ward the United Nations because it seemed like every second nurse/doctor was a foreign immigrant from Asia or Africa. The doctor against my fathers wishes stopped giving him his heart medication he'd been taking since his first heart attack 10 years ago and left him to die. They pumped him full of painkillers to the point of him being unable to hold a conversation with anyone and waited for him to pass those last 2 weeks. I felt a lack of empathy for the elderly white people they were taking care of. Just one of the many reasons to lament the multicultural hellholes our Western countries have become. Its so important for us to stay healthy and not end up in the retirement homes/hospitals being in the care of people who despise us.

As a man I do believe the day we lose our independence is the day we die. Dying is the circle of life but theres certainly more dignified ways to go out than others.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about that Don. I'm glad recovery is going well. I do appreciate you running this website and the effort thats gone into running and maintaining it over the years even if I'm not the most active poster. Its nice to have a website that talks about taboo politically incorrect issues that are plaguing our sports leagues not just in America but globally. Its one aspect of society a lot of Nationalists dismiss as "bread and circus" distractions but sports is one of the most important cultural forces in society and it should not be overlooked. Its an issue that the right seems to ignore many cultural battlegrounds in which the left use to disseminate their destructive propaganda

Strokes are no laughing matter. I just experienced my grandfather have a major stroke last January and my family spent the whole of last year dealing with the fallout. He didnt last 12 months after it and passed in November. He recovered enough to walk again but had a few relapses and ending up dying in hospital after being in and out of hospital for most of last year. My dad did everything he could in spite of hospital staff that clearly didnt care about him or his recovery. We called his ward the United Nations because it seemed like every second nurse/doctor was a foreign immigrant from Asia or Africa. The doctor against my fathers wishes stopped giving him his heart medication he'd been taking since his first heart attack 10 years ago and left him to die. They pumped him full of painkillers to the point of him being unable to hold a conversation with anyone and waited for him to pass those last 2 weeks. I felt a lack of empathy for the elderly white people they were taking care of. Just one of the many reasons to lament the multicultural hellholes our Western countries have become. Its so important for us to stay healthy and not end up in the retirement homes/hospitals being in the care of people who despise us.

As a man I do believe the day we lose our independence is the day we die. Dying is the circle of life but theres certainly more dignified ways to go out than others.
Sorry about your grandfather. I've seen the change in care for the elderly in this area, lots of native Africans are now working in nursing homes, presumably because they can be paid less, but as always the Great Replacement is an ongoing part of the agenda on both micro and macro levels.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don have you looked into any alternative payment companies for donations? I know there many out there now. I would send you a check but I’m kind of adhd and would soon prioritize something else.
The one I was using didn't cancel CF, I was using it primarily for my other site for subscriptions, memberships and donations but that organization and its associated print newspaper ended up going out of business in 2023 after 38 years, so I ended the relationship with the merchant account myself. The problem is that merchant accounts come with monthly charges and other fees, plus it also entails paying my webmaster to set things up and troubleshoot.

Caste Football is cheap to run, provided there are no issues that need to be fixed. When that happens, and the site has been running great for the past year-plus, I'll mention about the need for a little help, which for now can be done through snail mail via money orders and checks. If the major search engines ever end their blackout of CF and it starts to grow quickly again, I might set up another merchant account or something similar but for now anyone who wants to help can do so through good old snail mail.

El Gringo

Mentor
The one I was using didn't cancel CF, I was using it primarily for my other site for subscriptions, memberships and donations but that organization and its associated print newspaper ended up going out of business in 2023 after 38 years, so I ended the relationship with the merchant account myself. The problem is that merchant accounts come with monthly charges and other fees, plus it also entails paying my webmaster to set things up and troubleshoot.

Caste Football is cheap to run, provided there are no issues that need to be fixed. When that happens, and the site has been running great for the past year-plus, I'll mention about the need for a little help, which for now can be done through snail mail via money orders and checks. If the major search engines ever end their blackout of CF and it starts to grow quickly again, I might set up another merchant account or something similar but for now anyone who wants to help can do so through good old snail
Sounds good Don.