Carson Wentz

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Carson Wentz was taken second overall in the 2016 NFL draft by the Eagles.

He's big, athletic, has a great arm and is smart. He has all the makings of a franchise quarterback.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in his career.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
So far, after 11 games, Wentz has looked decent in his rookie season.

He has had little help from a bad offensive line and a bad receiving corps but he's shown flashes.

There's every indication that he'll be a franchise quarterback and have an excellent career.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
So far, after 11 games, Wentz has looked decent in his rookie season.

He has had little help from a bad offensive line and a bad receiving corps but he's shown flashes.

There's every indication that he'll be a franchise quarterback and have an excellent career.

Agreed, I'll add his WR corp is all former 1st and 2nd rd draft picks, that are on their way to BUST status soon! Wentz has got a bright future, he could use a reliable white WR and this draft is deep on that!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Eagles running game is also garbage. What Wentz has done in jumping from the FCS to NFL has never been done before - he has jumped right into the NFL and taken it by storm. I believe McNair had to sit for a few seasons when coming from the FCS.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wentz had a solid first game with the Colts returning from foot surgery, going 24 of 35 for 279 yards with two TD passes and no picks. He also rushed 4 times for 23 yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wentz is injury prone for a quarterback but no one can question his toughness. Not too many would try to play on two sprained ankles:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Carson Wentz (questionable, ankle) is expected to start in Week 3 against the Titans.
Wentz "moved around well" at Friday's practice and is on track to start barring a setback. With Wentz dealing with two sprained ankles, it won't be surprising to see the Colts hide Wentz behind a run heavy game script, putting Jonathan Taylor in position for a big Week 3 workload. The Colts will turn to Jacob Eason or Brett Hundley if Wentz is ruled out.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It's amazing. Brett Hundley is still in the league but a superior quarterback, Landry Jones, isn't.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
It's amazing. Brett Hundley is still in the league but a superior quarterback, Landry Jones, isn't.

Also Geno Smiff is still in the league, what a joke.

Carson Wentz is a tough man, no question. He never got the respect he deserved in Philly and I hope he gets it in Indy. The Coalts may be a very black team but at least their fanbase is a lot better (Philadelphia fans once booed Santa Claus).

wile

Master

The guy who killed Jordy Nelson's career in GB and a chance at the HoF. Literally would only target Adams, which allowed Adams to mature into a great player, but killed Jordy with basically one target a game. And Hundley was such a no load he was literally one read, run about like headless chicken and then fail in multiple ways, a truly awful specter of sports "entertainment" for literally an entire year.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Wentz is again listed as questionable against the Dolphins. Hope he gets the start and leads the team to a win.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wentz being targeted again as the weak link for the Colts and they supposedly want to trade him...unreal.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Washington gives up a third round pick in '22 and '23, with the '23 pick converting to a second rounder if Wentz plays around 70 to 75% of the snaps. Shows he still has value as by giving up that much Washington must be looking at him as their starter for next season.

The "Commanders" have always been one of my least favorite teams but I'll be rooting for Carson to succeed there.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I bet the Colts get a quota. Wentz was the scapegoat for the Colts. Screw reich and the huge cuck gm ballard

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was surprised he was so quickly made the scapegoat, basically for the team's flop in the final game of the regular season against Jacksonville, which was a team effort as the defense gave up 26 points to a low-scoring team. Wentz had 3,563 passing yards in '21 on a run-heavy team, and 27 TD passes to just 7 picks, which is an excellent ratio. He can still be in the upper tier of quarterbacks.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Anti White media decided they hate the Ginger Wentz and that was that! He's still a solid QB and he's not even overpaid anymore with the way QB contracts are going.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Jameis Winston threw 30+INTs in a season and ((media)) loves him lol