Brock Purdy

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I'm glad you started this thread. Purdy deserves a lot of credit. He'll be back and kick some A next season.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I get the feeling there is resentment or dislike of Purdy's success so far. There are some grumblings out there in the ether. Here is one article that puts forward the notion that Brock's job is in jeopardy.

Why the 49ers Could Bench Brock Purdy at the Bye Week

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I get the feeling there is resentment or dislike of Purdy's success so far. There are some grumblings out there in the ether. Here is one article that puts forward the notion that Brock's job is in jeopardy.

Cohn is a hack. He’s a childish hack chosenite 49ers journalist provocateur. During the preseason he was heavily invested in Trey Lance so he obviously is going to push the anti-Purdy agenda.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

False Advertising and incredibly bad journalism. Purdy has been a top 10 qb the last 2 years whether the media wants to admit
it or not. An occasional bad game or even a few games it not a big deal. His percentage, yards, etc. etc. are starting qb material.
Most of these writers are Cucks at the Highest Levels!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Cohn is a hack. He’s a childish hack chosenite 49ers journalist provocateur. During the preseason he was heavily invested in Trey Lance so he obviously is going to push the anti-Purdy agenda.

In other words, it was another cohn-incidence. Lol

Kaptain

Master
Unbelievable that he would get any criticism but not surprising at all at the same time. He had a bad game with Cleveland in poor conditions and injuries to massively key players against the number one defense. Still he was able to put his team in position to win on his final drive but the kicker missed. Last week he threw a couple of interceptions but it was hardly a bad game. The defense couldn't stop Cousins all game and that's the biggest reason they lost. A silver lining in his criticism is that it may make it harder for the media to deny CMC the NFL MVP should the 49ers right the ship and end up with the best record along with CMC continuing to stay healty and produce as he should. If Purdy doesn't start this week because of his concussion and Darnald plays well it's a huge boost for CMC getting the MVP award. At least the media can't push the magically negroe backup now that Lance is gone and will give Darnold's career a boost. Purdy will be the starter upon his return no matter what a Cohnite says.

Warhawk_46

Master
Unbelievable that he would get any criticism but not surprising at all at the same time. He had a bad game with Cleveland in poor conditions and injuries to massively key players against the number one defense. Still he was able to put his team in position to win on his final drive but the kicker missed. Last week he threw a couple of interceptions but it was hardly a bad game. The defense couldn't stop Cousins all game and that's the biggest reason they lost. A silver lining in his criticism is that it may make it harder for the media to deny CMC the NFL MVP should the 49ers right the ship and end up with the best record along with CMC continuing to stay healty and produce as he should. If Purdy doesn't start this week because of his concussion and Darnald plays well it's a huge boost for CMC getting the MVP award. At least the media can't push the magically negroe backup now that Lance is gone and will give Darnold's career a boost. Purdy will be the starter upon his return no matter what a Cohnite says.
Agreed. Purdy is just fine. He is allowed to have an off game… he has been fantastic since he was first thrust into the lineup.

Darnold will be fine this week (and others if needed) and he will show the skills he possesses that didn’t get a fair shake in NY.

I think CMC has a big bounce back game this week and gets much needed rest for his oblique during the bye week.

El Gringo

Mentor
San Francisco has traded. for former number 2 overall pick Chase young. I know he’s been a big-time bus so far bust for third rounder I guess it’s worth a shot. Maybe he can take some pressure off of Bosa and free him up a little.