Bowles KOs Torres! :-)

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Some good news (the day after Forrest getting KO'd by Silva), White WEC Bantamweight Brian Bowles (fighting out of GA) KO'd (Mexican) Miguel Angel Torres at WEC 42 this evening!
smiley4.gif
Many MMA fans & insiders had rated the (previously) 36-1 Torres as a top 5 P4P MMA fighter in the world. The arrogant Torres was on a 17 fight win streak, until Bowles knocked his lights out tonight!
smiley36.gif

This gives Whites 7 of 8 (UFC & WEC) MMA belts...HW = Lesnar, LHW = Machida (half White), MW = GSP, LW (UFC) = Penn (half White), LW (WEC)= Brown, FW = Jamie Varner & BW = Brian Bowles. Even if you don't count Machida & Penn that's 5 of 8 belts.
smiley4.gif

Here's the rest of the WEC 42 results...

Main Card
Bantamweight Championship bout: Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles
Bowles defeated Torres via KO (punches) at 3:57 of round 1 to become the new WEC Bantamweight Champion.
Bantamweight bout: Joseph Benavidez vs. Dominick Cruz
Cruz defeated Benavidez via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Lightweight bout: Ricardo Lamas vs. Danny Castillo
Castillo defeated Lamas via TKO (strikes) at 4:15 of round 2.
Bantamweight bout: Jeff Curran vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Mizugaki defeated Curran via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Jameel Massouh
Garcia defeated Massouh via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Undercard
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixao vs. Cole Province
Province defeated Paixao via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Lightweight bout: Marcus Hicks vs. Shane Roller
Roller defeated Hicks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Lightweight bout: Ed Ratcliff vs. Phil Cardella
Ratcliff defeated Cardella via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Bantamweight bout: Rani Yahya vs. John Hosman
Yahya defeated Hosman via submission (north-south choke) at 2:08 of round 1.
Featherweight bout: Diego Nunes vs. Rafael Dias
Nunes defeated Dias via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Featherweight bout: Javier Vazquez vs. L.C. Davis
Davis defeated Vazquez via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28).

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

The Hock

Master
Great win for Bowles. Torres had him in some trouble and drove him across the ring when Bowles came off the cage with a sneaky little check hook. Torres went down and Bowles pounced for some ground and pound and beat Torres' head into the canvas.

Brutal knockout.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Last night, Brian Bowles pulled the biggest, most amazing anti-caste upset in World Extreme Cagefighting history over Miguel Angel Torres to win the WEC Bantamweight Championship via 1st round KO.

I've watched Torres fight many times in WEC, and he has definitely earned my respect, as well as the respect the media and fans have bestowed upon him. Torres hadn't lost in nearly 5 years (17 wins in a row), and was probably the 4th or 5th best pound-for pound MMA fighter on planet earth. I've seen him completely decimate every fighter in the bantamweight division"¦.that is, until Brian Bowles absolutely smashed him last night in the cage. Loser, diamond-wearing, anit-white Frank (Wanna-Be-Samurai) Mir was commentating for some unknown reason.

Bowles caught Torres with a hard right early in the 1st, and wobbled him. At that point, the caste-gods who "set up Bowles for failure"Â￾ were probably pissing in their collective panties. Later in the 1st, Bowles showcased his awesome chin, taking some hardcore punches from Torres"¦before absolutely smashing him. Bowles was crushing Torres' lifeless face for what seemed like a few seconds. It was truly brutal, yet truly beautiful to watch a relatively unknown white fighter nearly execute one of the sports media's top non-white MMA fighters. I've only seen Bowles fight in WEC 2-3 times before, and in each fight he showed a dominating prowess, and an iron chin. Bowles shed a tear as they put the championship belt around his waist and raised his hand in victory.

Naturally, we'll now watch the sports media scramble and squirm to find the proper excuses as to why a "nobody"Â￾ like Bowles beat Torres so easily. Torres WAS NOT overrated, he was/is a great MMA fighter. Another great white warrior was born last night, and I was proud to have Brian Bowles as a member of our great race.
Edited by: Thrashen

NorCal831

i had never seen torres fight before last night, but i knew that he was one of the best MMA fighters in the world. but bowles just flat out looked like the better fighter, albeit in a very short fight. great chin, composure, sick power, just tons of talent. he caught him with a good number of shots throughout the round before the exchange that resulted in torres going down hard. as of right now i guess this is an upset, but like i told my friends who i was watching the fight with, if bowles goes on and dominates the BW division than we might look back on this and see it wasn't really an upset at all.

guest301

Hall of Famer
That was a entertaining fight to watch considering it didn't last all that long. Having Bowles win helped make up for the disappointment that UFC 101 was. Nice to see successful white fighters in the lower weight classes. Awesome knockout.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Any clips of the kofellas??!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Bowles is deadly. He was getting rocked and came back with some firepower of his own! Edited by: celticdb15

A while back we seen a White guy named Brown (we get no WEC out here in Australia so I tend to not know as much about the fighters)1st Knock out a Mestizo (I think) named Faber. Then He won a overwhelming decision in the rematch. Does anyone know what weight class Mike Brown is the Champion in? I think it would have to be the one in between Lightweight (UFC) and Bantamweight.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
AA31, Mike Brown is the WEC Featherweight Champ, Bowles is the Bantamweight Champ & on Sept 2, hopefully (another White fighter) Donald Cerrone will become the WEC Lightweight Champ*.
smiley1.gif

* = White fighter Jamie Varner is the current Champ, but is unable to defend the belt (due to injury), so Cerrone & Henderson are squaring off for the intermin title.Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Bear Backer

Mentor
NorCal831 said:
im pretty sure faber is just white.

yes, Urijah Faber "The California Kid" is white. I don't really like him though, he reminds me of one of those smart alecky skater kids with the shaggy hair and sideways baseball caps that are all over the place around here. Of course maybe, that is just the old man in me talking. Edited by: Bear Backer

NorCal831

yea i kind of got that vibe from him as well, but i still like him. fighting almost all of the rematch against brown with a broken hand proved a lot to me, thats one tough dude. not to mention he is a very good athlete.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Faber has that "California Kewl" style. He looks like a skate/surfer punk, but every interview he seems like a nice guy. He's one of the best Featherweights in the world.***He's not all tat'd up either.I don't mind a few tats, but some of these fighters look like biker chicks covered up in tats. Notice some of the more professional/sportsman type fighters (Fedor, Couture, Henderson, Hughes) aren't tat'd up. I guess I'm kind of old-school, John Wayne.
smiley1.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Faber has that "California Kewl" style. He looks like a skate/surfer punk, but every interview he seems like a nice guy. He's one of the best Featherweights in the world.***He's not all tat'd up either.I don't mind a few tats, but some of these fighters look like biker chicks covered up in tats. Notice some of the more professional/sportsman type fighters (Fedor, Couture, Henderson, Hughes) aren't tat'd up. I guess I'm kind of old-school, John Wayne.
smiley1.gif

Ditto! Big John Wayne fan myself, Dixie.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
smiley1.gif

Hey man, what you got against biker chicks?
smiley17.gif

smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
DixieDestroyer said:
smiley1.gif

Hey man, what you got against biker chicks?
smiley17.gif

smiley36.gif

LOL! Nada, it's just some of these MMA fighters look like they could be "models" on the cover of "EasyRiders".
smiley36.gif
Edited by: DixieDestroyer