Board Upgrade

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The board was upgraded to the newest version of Web Wizard today.If you notice any glitches or problems, post them in this thread.

backrow

Hall of Famer
it just looks funky so far ;) it's going ot take some getting used to after all these years!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Just a matter of getting used to it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It sure will take a while to get used to. It does tell you how many people are viewing a particular forum at any time. That is pretty interesting.

Menelik

Mentor
Had some problems logging in but I guess it was my fault. As other posters have said board will take some getting used to. I don't know if its just me but when I click on emoticons the window pops up but I can't see all of the faces.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Menelik said:
I don't know if its just me but when I click on emoticons the window pops up but I can't see all of the faces.

Try using the quick scroll feature on your browser. Speaking of which, there are like, a hundred emoticons now.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
PhillyBirds said:
Menelik said:
I don't know if its just me but when I click on emoticons the window pops up but I can't see all of the faces.

Try using the quick scroll feature on your browser. Speaking of which, there are like, a hundred emoticons now.

Yes I just noticed there are tons of emoticons now.
smiley51.gif

Menelik

Mentor
PhillyBirds said:
Menelik said:

smiley106.gif
smiley52.gif

Thanks!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Some avatars have disappeared, like mine, and I've been unable to download a new oneso far. Hopefully these little things will get ironed out quickly.

I like the appearance of the old board better, but this one has more bells and whistles (I think you can download videos directly onto posts now), and also has more weapons to combatspambots and trolls.

If you notice anything else let me know so I can notify the tech folks about it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This will definitely take a while to get used to. To me, there's too much white on the sides, but thats my personal preference. I like some of the new features though!
smiley124.gif

smiley47.gif
smiley103.gif
smiley130.gif
smiley101.gif

foreverfree

Mentor
Don, I'd say it's a little easier on the eyes (mine anyway). The font for the post texts is a little bigger. Seems like the post text font used on stormfront.org.

Tonight was the night I discovered the new design. I had to log back in and it worked on the first attempt.

Menelik, I like that "wave" emoticon.
smiley1.gif

JohnEdited by: foreverfree

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the gray sides will be back soon. I'll be telling the tech man some of the glitches tomorrow. This upgrade caught me offguard like everyone else. I knew it was coming but didn't know exactly which day it would be.Edited by: Don Wassall

backrow

Hall of Famer
also, the old one kept me logged in indefinitely as long as i didn't use another pc to log on, whereas now i seem to be logged out automatically each time i close the browser. (yes, i do have the proper box checked in preferences :p)

j41181

Master
Whoa! It's looks quite different! It'll take some time to get used to, but I can dig!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Change! I hate change! I still miss the original board.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Confused about how to respond directly to someone's post. For instance, I hit reply to Jaxvids post above and that post was not part of the screen that I write my post in if that makes sense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
guest301 said:
Confused about how to respond directly to someone's post. For instance, I hit reply to Jaxvids post above and that post was not part of the screen that I write my post in if that makes sense.

ClickQuote to havesomeone else'spost show up in yours, same as before.

Or, Post Options gives a menu with a few options including quoting.Edited by: Don Wassall

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
guest301 said:
<div> </div>
<div>Click Quote to have someone else's post show up in yours, same as before.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Or, Post Options gives a menu with a few options including quoting.</div>

Thanks Don. Had a dufus moment, I hate change but I will get used to it. All the new emoticons are cool.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, the grey sides are making it a lot easier to look at. Seems more like the old board!

Menelik

Mentor
I have a cable modem and the pages are loading slower than usual. Is this happening to anyone else?