Black Monday

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The criticism around Dalton and Tannehill (to a lesser extent at this point) is all based on the fact they are young white talented QBs. Dalton does make some mistakes but all QBs make mistakes, he is off to a great start with his career and should not be facing any of these questions. None of the experts have talked about how Bernard fumbled the ball when the Bengals were close to scoring - the focus solely on Dalton. I am sure if the Bengals are dumb enough to cut Dalton he will go somewhere else and continue to get better and be more successful. Bengals fans are ungrateful morons if they cannot appreciate the fact Dalton has led such a terrible franchise to 3 winning seasons in a row.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Very true. Dalton has put up some very good numbers over the last 3 seasons. I do believe that the talk of replacing him (at least right now) is just talk. I think when its all said in done, the Bengals brass won't be so stupid to try to replace him because they know he's produced and if they get someone else in there (especially if its a black quarterback) that performs significantly worse, they'll be out of a job. Most NFL teams would kill to have a QB like Dalton leading them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Very true. Dalton has put up some very good numbers over the last 3 seasons. I do believe that the talk of replacing him (at least right now) is just talk. I think when its all said in done, the Bengals brass won't be so stupid to try to replace him because they know he's produced and if they get someone else in there (especially if its a black quarterback) that performs significantly worse, they'll be out of a job. Most NFL teams would kill to have a QB like Dalton leading them.

LOL RGTT - nice avatar. I hope for your sake they bring in a more white friendly GM although those are hard to come by.

Tannehill17

Mentor
LOL RGTT - nice avatar. I hope for your sake they bring in a more white friendly GM although those are hard to come by.

I'm hoping for Eric Mangini. His teams when he was coaching always seemed relatively white-friendly. I wonder if he would keep that same philosophy as a GM.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Redskins have hired "quarterback guru" Jay Gruden as their head coach. According to this article, he was even able to make a loser, unathletic, guy who lacks "physical skills" Andy Dalton into a serviceable QB. Now he will make RG3 the god that he is meant to be!!:puke:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gruden was highly complimentary of Rex Burkhead during training camp, only to put him in mothballs for his entire rookie season. It'll be a miracle if he's anything but a religious disciple of the Caste System, and his hiring means that Dan Snyder agrees with that assessment.

Matra2

Master
Too bad it wasn't John Gruden so we wouldn't have to hear him again on MNF. As for Jay he just said on Fox Sports Daily that RG3 is without doubt his starting QB. Gruden then talked about what a great rookie season RG3 had and then became the 258th person to remind us that 2013 was a "coming back from injury year" so I guess that doesn't count.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I also just saw an article somewhere in that Griffin wants changes to the offense. He wants a full-on pro-style offense, not a hybrid read-option. I hope he gets his wish.

L

Lew

Looks like the Detroit Lions have hired the affirmative action poster boy, Jim Caldwell, as their next head coach. Remember this is the NFL; the best players play and the best coaches coach.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Detroit Lions have hired the affirmative action poster boy, Jim Caldwell, as their next head coach. Remember this is the NFL; the best players play and the best coaches coach.

I for one and happy about thi. Detroit ****ty finally has a black coach to represent their once great but now shambled city. This move will set the Lions back a couple years. Caldwell was clueless in Indy. But once again Dungy vouches for the man and he's once again in a position of power.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Caste disciple Mike Munchak, canned by the Titans, was hired to be the Steelers' offensive line coach. Munchak is already Mike Tomlin's fourth o-line coach, the other three having been fired, a classic example of coaches being blamed for the organization's insistence on drafting one incompetent sumo after another to play on the line.