Berserk Monkey

Bart

Hall of Famer
Very disturbing news story about a woman and her chimp.When willsilly people learn? Monkeys mimic human behavior, but they are not really like us, are they? Monkeys can be cute at times, but can turn deadlywith little provocation.Yes, they drink wine, do tricks,ride bikes, wear clothing,and becomesomewhat domesticated, but theyremainunpredictable, dangerouscreatures.Monkeyslaugh easily, and can even flash room brightening smiles, but don't be fooled -- theywill bite your face off if provoked. When willwe learn? If you value your life - stay the hell away from monkeys! It's that simple, really.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/02182009/news/regionalnews/new_p hotos_show_friendly_side_of_young_c_155795.htm [/url]

The out-of-control chimp who went bananas and mauled a Connecticut woman was once a playful little monkey who loved hugging people. (snip)

Solomon Kane

Mentor
This happened not far from where I live. It's all over the local news.

I agree...these creatures are unpredictable. I could see keeping one in farm or zoo conditions--with a large cage and heavily supervised short excursions outside the cage.

Another problem--the owner was old and not strong enough (or prepared enough) to deal with this. the owner had no plans for this sort of event.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Monkeyslaugh easily, and can even flash room brightening smiles, but don't be fooled"

Hahaha, the morons who run the NFL should adhere to this policy.

Tom Iron

Mentor
The owner of that monkey should have been put in a padded cell years ago.

Tom Iron...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I heard some radio disk jockey's (Atlanta's 100.5 "Regular Guys") play a clip of the chimp owner sobbing over it's death. They said in every interview she bemoans the loss of the chimp...never saying a word about her supposed friend who was nearly killed. The "Regular Guys" were saying she probably had "relations" with the chimp.
smiley11.gif