Ben Roethlisberger

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This is a good one. From Rotoworld:

pixel.gif

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that Ben Roethlisberger will ask for "at
least" a three-game reduction of his 4-6 game suspension during his
meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday.
<div ="s_pNewsTextMain">
Roethlisberger will bring team president Art Rooney II to the meeting,
in an effort to show he also has the backing of the respected Steelers
organization. Goodell is believed to already be in favor of reducing
the ban to four games, but Big Ben has gone above and beyond what the
NFL asked of him since his latest sexual assault accusation.
Roethlisberger can also contend that he's the only player in league
history to be suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy without being
arrested or charged with a crime.

The last sentence sums it up perfectly. Only player in league history to be suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy without being arrested or charged with a crime? You don't say?
</div>

It's absolutely unheard of for a young "party animal" woman to accuse a multi million dollar athlete of sexual misconduct, in an attempt to get money and attention.
smiley29.gif

JReb1

Mentor
Ben did nothing wrong besides do what just about EVERY other famous athlete does at the clubs, he hooked up because so many good looking women throw themselves at famous people like him...

Bart

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
This is a good one.  From Rotoworld:

I'm almost hoping Ben does not get a reduction of his sentence. Why? I want to see how the fans react to their all ebony QB crew of losers.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
whiteathlete33 said:
This is a good one. From Rotoworld:

I'm almost hoping Ben does not get a reduction of his sentence. Why? I want to see how the fans react to their all ebony QB crew of losers.
Although I feel badly for Big Ben and his unfair suspension, based on nothing in particular, I too actually hope that he gets the extended vacation just to highlight the ineptitude of his affletic replacements.

foobar75

Master
Looks like Terry Bradshaw has been drinking plenty of caste cool-aid over the years, and will make his masters proud with statements like this:

Terry Bradshaw says keep ban

Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw said he hopes commissioner Roger Goodell keeps Ben Roethlisberger's suspension at six games, according to a report in the Shreveport Times.

"Going to bars -- treating women like that; oh my God," Bradshaw said. "I pray they don't cut [his NFL suspension] to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

The 28-year-old Roethlisbgerger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Roethlisberger is scheduled to meet with Goodell on Friday to seek a reduction in the suspension.

Sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask Goodell to lessen the ban to three games and will bring along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case.

Bradshaw, who won four Super Bowls as the Steelers' starting quarterback in the 1970s, was also critical of Roethlisberger in April, when the allegations came to light.

"He has got to realize who he is," Bradshaw said at the time at his golf tournament in Louisiana. "He is an elite athlete in the National Football League. He's got an image problem right now. Best thing to do is never put yourself in that position again."

Roethlisberger played two series in the Steelers' final preseason game, completing 4 of 6 passes for 39 yards against the Carolina Panthers in Pittsburgh.

Byron Leftwich, expected to be the Steelers' starting quarterback while Roethlisberger is suspended, hurt his left knee during the first half Thursday.

Leftwich completed an 18-yard pass to rookie Emmanuel Sanders before being knocked off his feet as running back Mewelde Moore attempted to block safety Marcus Hudson. The play occurred with 10:25 left in the second quarter Thursday night.

Leftwich was examined by team doctors on a stretcher behind the Steelers' bench, then limped into a nearby tunnel that leads to the locker room. Team officials said he would not return to the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5525039

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I guess Terry Bradshaw really IS stupid.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bradshaw's a typical White man when it comes to women. He still thinks women are like they were in the 1950s when the reality is that 40 years of unchecked top-down feminist indoctrination by literally the most subversive and radical elements in the country has changed most of them for the worst. One of the many results of changing from arational society to a matriarchy run amuk in which bad female behavior is encouraged and rewardedis that men have to be extremely careful in all their dealings with most women.

JReb1

Mentor
Just watch "Jersey Shore" and you'll see how many women in the clubs throw themselves at even those semi-celebrity Guido's...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Big Ben was sucker punched by Richard Seymour during Sunday's game. What was interesting was the subdued reaction from Ben's teammates. As Bart pointed out in another thread, if a White defensive player had done that to Vick, players from both teams likely would have swarmed all over him. But Ben was one of just two White players on the field (along with Heath Miller) when Seymour took his cheap shot.

From a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette column:
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
Decorum had already been hacked to tatters by the time Ben Roethlisberger shot a perfect 22-yard scoring strike to Emmanuel Sanders for a 21-3 lead late in the first half. Then things got nasty.
"Me and him were going at it," said Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu in reference to Oakland defensive tackle Richard Seymour. "Then Ben was saying something and I guess he took it out on Ben."
Seymour turned and popped No. 7 with a straight right, and the quarterback went down like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson. That right got in!
"I haven't seen a quarterback get punched since I've been in the league," Tomlin said. "It was unfortunate. I've got big-time respect for Richard Seymour as a football player." [Even after that??? -- DW]Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10326/1105134-66.stm#ixzz16ETVWO82

Borussia

Guru
Yes, generally speaking blacks enjoy seeing Whites abused and hit. Remember, blacks have enormous in group racial solidarity. As actually all groups do. Except Whites of course.
That's racism. Must be. It's what the media and tv tells me.

snow

Mentor
I think Tomlin would be happy if Big Ben got into another motorcyle accident. To me it seems like Tomlin sees Big Ben as someone being in the way of how he wants to coach. But since Big Ben has won 2 Superbowls and still manages to play well despite his line almost getting him killed constantly he can't really bench him or get rid of him. Im sure he was hoping Big Ben would get more punishment from his...uh... non conviction, whatever that was about. And probably upset that none of his quotobacks really stepped up and played lights out or managed to stay healthy.
Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
snow said:
I think Tomlin would be happy if Big Ben got into another motorcyle accident. To me it seems like Tomlin sees Big Ben as someone being in the way of how he wants to coach. But since Big Ben has won 2 Superbowls and still manages to play well despite his line almost getting him killed constantly he can't really bench him or get rid of him. Im sure he was hoping Big Ben would get more punishment from his...uh... non conviction, whatever that was about. And probably upset that none of his quotobacks really stepped up and played lights out or managed to stay healthy.

Of course Tomlin would be happy if Big Ben got injured. Then he'd be able to start another black quarterback. With Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch starting for the Steelers, Tomlin would be a little close to creating his all black Dream team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a real smear on Roethlisberger, which includes the following amazing paragraph:

In many ways, the NFL might have preferred to see Michael Vick in this [Super Bowl]. At least Vick was generous enough to admit his cruelties. Over the course of the year, he embraced them. Whatever your feelings about the man, Vick offers up a redemption narrative the NFL can sell. Roethlisberger only gives them long pauses and redacted police reports.

Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: Anti-hero or villain?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/article/932482--steelers-ben-roethlisberger-anti-hero-or-villain

snow

Mentor
Does he honestly think Vick would apologize or admit something if he wasn't charged with anything? Not to mention the evidence from being investigated, and he just admitted he was involved with dog fighting. There was too much there for him to say he wasn't involved wit it. What do they expect Big Ben to admit? and what exactly is Ben supposed to apologize for?

Ben also stated, "I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative
attention I've brought to my family, teammates, coaches, the Rooneys,
and the NFL. I understand the opportunities I've been blessed with are a
privilege and that much is expected of me as the QB of the Pittsburgh
Steelers" Was this not considered an apology?

Funny how he worded it as "The NFL would might have preferred"....not the actual fans watching the Superbowl.

The article gets worse at it goes on

"It sounds trite today, and simply wrong. Bad guys win with regularity,
and are cheered for doing it. A modern-day Liston might have been enough
to push boxing back into the spotlight."

"But Liston was also a complex person. Roethlisberger plainly isn't. He's a frat boy looking for a hook-up."

He really knows Big Ben that well to judge whether hes a complex person or not? compared to Sonny Liston?

Its amazing how ridiculous articles like this almost never have a comment section. Why is he pretending to ask a question to the readers when they can't comment? Hes basically painting him as a villain "a career dotted with misbehaviour varying from merely crass to potentially felonious is a little like getting angina."

"Misbehaviour" He rode a motorcyle without a helmet and was hit by a woman who ran a stop sign. CRIMINAL, or would that fall under "merely crass" 2 false accusations, one where the DA supposedly told the sorority girls that he hoped they learned their lesson. Who tells a real rape victim something like that? I guess that is the one that is "potentially felonious". Why don't we go through the criminal records of every player for every Superbowl? I wonder what would turn up... Then we can pit "good against evil" every year, unless both teams have guys with criminal history, which is very likely.

Wasn't one of the accusations "forced oral sex"? How exactly does one do that without holding a gun to their head? The woman can, you know...bite down. Oh he had bodyguards blocking the door, I guess they were ready to beat the woman down as well if she didn't comply. He must have an entire group of thugs surrounding him, but ones with loyalty that don't speak a word of it, oh and the story involves a club owner, who also had nothing to say on the situation. She also claimed VAGINAL rape, which the medical evidence shows there was no intercourse. There have been reports that she was texting her friends the next day about how she was looking forward to seeing Ben again, and texted her boyfriend that he looked like Ben.

Edited by: snow

Don Wassall said:
Here's a real smear on Roethlisberger, which includes the following amazing paragraph:
<div> </div>
<div>In many ways, the NFL might have preferred to see Michael Vick in this [Super Bowl]. At least Vick was generous enough to admit his cruelties. Over the course of the year, he embraced them. Whatever your feelings about the man, Vick offers up a redemption narrative the NFL can sell. Roethlisberger only gives them long pauses and redacted police reports.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: Anti-hero or villain?</font></div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/article/932482--steelers-ben-roethlisberger-anti-hero-or-villain</div>

A few days ago, Jason Whitlock wrote a column titled "Big Ben's Just a Pawn for Goodell." He writes that Goodell is coming down hard on Big Ben for about the same reasons we have given in this Forum.

Highlander

Mentor
sport historian said:
A few days ago, Jason Whitlock wrote a column titled "Big Ben's Just a Pawn for Goodell." He writes that Goodell is coming down hard on Big Ben for about the same reasons we have given in this Forum.
Here's that article from Whitlock you mentioned. He's spot-on. Of course, he's allowed to have an opinion about it and write about it from a racial perspective because he's black. A White writer could not and as racially-castrated as they are, would not.

<h1>Big Ben's just a pawn for Goodell</h1>
<div ="fs-page-article-article-container">
<div ="fs-article">

<div ="timestamp">
Jason Whitlock
UpdatedFeb 2, 2011 5:15 PM ET
</div>

You can blame Brett Favre and Michael Vick for Roger Goodell's brutally unfair treatment of Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Goodell, the self-appointed NFL discipline czar, is using Big Ben as a
shield in a behind-the-scenes battle to prove the commissioner's office
is not sexist or racist.

Peter King's reputation is just unfortunate collateral damage in Goodell's public-relations war.

I can't fathom another reasonable explanation for the commish battering
Big Ben in January for "crimes"Â￾ the Pittsburgh QB committed nearly a
year ago and was punished for at the beginning of the regular season.

The only other explanation is Goodell is stupid, and I'm not ready to buy that excuse.

In case you missed it, in an exclusive interview with King on Jan. 7,
Goodell unloaded a helmet-to-helmet, blindside hit on Roethlisberger.
Goodell estimated he talked to two dozen NFL players before giving
Roethlisberger a six-game suspension for being accused (not charged) a
second time of sexual assault and "not one, not a single player, went to
(Roethlisberger's) defense."Â￾

King initially implied that Goodell meant that "not one Pittsburgh
Steeler"Â￾ came to Roethlisberger's defense. King later clarified his
report.

It doesn't matter. Goodell made his point. A month before the Super
Bowl, in a story Goodell surely knew would be published Super Bowl week,
the commissioner took one final potshot at his punching-bag
quarterback. In the same interview, Goodell poured another round of
sympathy on Michael Vick, a star QB who was actually convicted of and
jailed for a crime.

Why?

Because Goodell's personal-conduct policy and his boneheaded decision
to serve as judge, jury and executioner of the policy has forced the
commissioner to play racial politics.

Big Ben is Goodell's white whipping boy.

Big Ben is a prop Goodell can use to say to the league's black players
and race-baiters (Jesse Jackson) that the commissioner is equally tough
on white players.

<div ="parentWrapper">

</div>

Big Ben is also a prop Goodell can use to say to female fans and
journalists that he is tough on white quarterbacks who are predatory
toward women.

Roethlisberger is the single stone that kills both birds.

You see, Favre opened the commissioner's office to a lot of criticism.
By dragging out the investigation of Favre's alleged sextual harassment
of Jenn Sterger and other female Jets contract employees and slapping
The Old Gunslinger with a harmless $50,000 fine, Goodell left himself
vulnerable to the Jesse Jackson and Gloria Allred crowds.

Those crowds were/are ready to accuse Goodell of racism, and sexism as it relates to Favre.

Big Ben is the glove that doesn't fit (so you must acquit). He's the race card dealt from the bottom of the deck.

Seriously, can you imagine what would happen if Goodell took a needless
potshot at Michael Vick? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would shatter
Usain Bolt's 100-meter record in a dash to be the first person on ESPN
to claim Goodell has a "slave-owner mentality."Â￾

I know I'm not supposed to mention this, but Roethlisberger has
actually handled his post-accusation situation better than Vick has
handled his post-conviction situation.

Let me know when Big Ben hosts a parking-lot-shots-fired, white-linen party.

OK, let me also be clear: I like Roethlisberger, Vick and Favre. I like
the underdog. A tiny part of me wants Favre to come back for another
season and right the wrongs of this past season. I'm just built that
way. I want things to work out for the people society wants to see fail.

For me, the perfect Super Bowl would have pitted Vick vs. Roethlisberger.

I want them both to experience professional and personal redemption.

Big Ben needs positive reinforcement as much as Vick.

Am I really supposed to believe there weren't two dozen NFL players
willing to throw Vick under the bus in the aftermath of his dogfighting
controversy?

OK, maybe there were members of the Falcons willing to say good things
about Vick during his dog days in Atlanta. That might say more about the
low expectations Vick's peers have for him than the kind of character
Vick displayed while playing quarterback for the Falcons.

The Steelers,
other NFL players and Goodell were previously offended by
Roethlisberger's behavior because they expected Ben to carry himself
like a mature adult.

In America, we expect and demand that white people do the right thing.
We hope and pray that we, black people, do the right thing, and we
rationalize when we don't. (Use of the N-word is Exhibit A in my
defense.)

Maybe "not one"Â￾ player coming to Big Ben's defense is part of the
reason he's in his third Super Bowl, has healed his relationship with
his teammates and appears to be working toward becoming a better human
being.

Maybe had "not one"Â￾ Falcon or enabler defended Vick's every misstep in
Atlanta, Vick would have changed course long before he arrived at a
Leavenworth prison cell.

Let's hope no one defends Goodell for his treatment of Roethlisberger.

</div>
</div>http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ben-roethlisberger-just-a-pawn-in-roger-goodells-game-020211

snow

Mentor
At home because of the weather, things are closed. I forgot how ridiculous Sportscenter is. Skip Bayless is ripping into Big Ben for going to a piano bar on a Tuesday and getting in before curfew. I guess hes not supposed to have a life now. Skip said "he was just suspended for 4 games earlier in the season." The black guy on the show stood up for Big Ben though.

Highlander

Mentor
snow said:
At home because of the weather, things are closed. I forgot how ridiculous Sportscenter is. Skip Bayless is ripping into Big Ben for going to a piano bar on a Tuesday and getting in before curfew. I guess hes not supposed to have a life now. Skip said "he was just suspended for 4 games earlier in the season." The black guy on the show stood up for Big Ben though.
"Men" like Skippy are the racial-equivalents of feminist "White Knights" that always stick up for the "honor" of women, even when they have none, in the hopes of gaining certain favors, sexual or otherwise, from them. Here, he is scrutinizing the behavior of a White player that has already been unjustifiably beaten to a pulp by the Caste media in order to curry favor from blacks, and in "Skippy's" case, it may well be sexual favor.

Back in the first 15 years or so of the Super Bowl era, when a player came in either controversial or criticized, he would have a big game. I'll admit it if I turn out to be wrong, but I have a feeling Big Ben will do well this Sunday, even if his team loses.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
"Goobdell" is a paper puppet...doing the bidding of the leagues many juden owners via staunch adherence to the caste system. This, of course, is accompanied by the villianization of White players (Big Ben, Matt Jones), whilst giving a pass to felons like ConVick.
smiley21.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Pittsburgh DWFs have their scapegoat for the Super Bowl loss, the same player that they'd be lucky to be a .500 team without:

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
Steelers gave us a wonderful ride

As the NFL season progressed and big offensive tackle Flozell Adams continued to show up for the Steelers despite a new and different part of his 35-year-old body aching every week, his teammates made it their goal to win Super Bowl XLV for him and get him the championship that had eluded him for 12 long years as a pro.
When they came up a little short in the 31-25 loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night, the devastation in their locker room was evident in every corner. "It was pretty bad," wide receiver Hines Ward said.
But it was Adams who found the strength to set aside the pain from a loss that cost these Steelers a chance to take on dynastic proportions with a third Super Bowl title in six years, not to mention a bum right shoulder that was badly damaged early in the game. He put things in just the right perspective.
"Even though we lost, it was still a great season."
A fabulous season, actually.
I hope you can see that through your tears.
I know it will take a lot of shocked Steelers fans a long time to get over the Green Bay loss, a lot longer than the players. When the team plane from Dallas landed Monday at Pittsburgh International Airport, the players climbed in their big, expensive cars, went home to their plush houses and resumed their nice lives. Heck, by the end of the week, many will be on a beach in Costa Rica or Maui or some such wonderful locale.
But a lot of the fans?
They long will curse the two interceptions thrown by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the first returned 37 yards for a touchdown by Green Bay safety Nick Collins. I know what some already are saying: That the Steelers would have won if Roethlisberger hadn't gone to that Fort Worth piano bar with his teammates Tuesday night. Honest to goodness, I have a hard time understanding how some people think.Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11039/1123796-87.stm#ixzz1DUTJU7Wa

JReb1

Mentor
I'm sure the Steelers would've won 3 instead of 2 of 3 Super Bowls had they only started Batch or Byron...
smiley24.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It looks pretty clear that the stories about Big Ben wanting to leave the Rooney plantation originated not from Ben but from the organization and the media. This article from ESPN points the finger of blame at Ben for supposedly having a poor work ethic. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...ger-reiterates-commitment-pittsburgh-steelers Yeah, right. I also read an article the other day where "unnamed teammates" claim Ben "isn't cerebral enough." That's a barrel of laughs considering the caliber of his alleged teammates.

So it looks like the Crawfords have decided to move on from Ben, and blame him for initiating the move with the full cooperation of the media. Pretty smooth. I hope the Steelers are a bottom feeder for the next 20 years, like the Bengals were for so long in that division, and like the Browns have been since being forced to start over as an expansion team.

The current campaign against Roethlisberger is nothing new. Jerome Bettis disliked him because Ben was a solid quarterback right from the beginning of his rookie season and supposedly Ben wasn't sufficiently "humble." Hines Ward also used to publicly criticize him on occasion. He's been passed over numerous times by his teammates in voting for the team MVP, an award Ben should have won about 7 or 8 times by now. And of course, many of the braindead Pittsburgh DWFs have always been on Ben's case even as he carried the team on his back.

Whether Big Ben wants to leave Pittsburgh or not, he's better off going somewhere where he's appreciated, and where hopefully there will be a decent o-line to protect his peerless ability to extend and make plays.