Baxter’s articles....

Solomon Kane

Mentor
...have been brilliant! I especially liked the latest one on the rise of the white striker. Go Torres!

This quote is especially good:

"As American Football fans know, under the sports Caste System, once Blacks start to dominate a position, a *silent understanding arises between media and clubs that the position now belongs to Blacks.* [so true--SK] Any club manager who thereafter continues to select Whites for that position can expect a bumpy ride in the media and the boardroom when occasionally his White players fail to deliver, while Black shortcomings are generously overlooked."

It's good to know that there is some consciousness raising going on in Europe about this issue. Let England be England! Let Europe be Europe! Bring back the white striker of the 60's and 70's!

Angelcynn

Guru
White strikers (and central defenders) do seem to be numbering less and less in the premiership as the years go by, especially the English ones. I miss Shearer so much!!! Dean Ashton looked like he was going to fill Shearer boots but he keeps getting bad injuries. Ashton needs to step it up next season, thats if he doesn't get injured! Mind you Torres has been excellent to watch and Ronaldo, well he's overtaken Kaka as the world best player.

waterbed

Mentor
Great Article!
Whites got good stamina better then west africans because of great longs and longer upper body.east africans are mostly to skinny.

The have tried very hard in soccer in my country at least to make it all black with soccer academies all over Africa but their wasn't much talend coming out of the academies.I was for years a supporter of Ajax they had a academie in south africa but I didn´t like it that they say it is for the blacks not for the Rich white elite.I´m seriuos I read that.
But the only soccer player who camed out the acadmies was Steven Pienaar i think a mixed race south African.

The Englishman,I will miss England at the European championschips because I always like the English suporters they are so enthusiastic but in the end they seems to lose always with penaltys
smiley36.gif

Solomon Kane

Mentor
After the great success of the white South African rugby team, the football establishment is afraid that South African football will become a white sport!

the ultimate humiliation for the football establishment would be if a white south african team won the world cup.

devans

Mentor
White South Africans love their Rugby too much for that to happen any time soon.

Angelcynn

Guru
I've said it before but I will say it again, the South African national football team (bafana bafana) has been getting blacker and blacker since their re-admission into football in 1992 and they have been getting progressivly WORSE and WORSE! Ironic isn't it!

The manager of the under 21's is Steve Komphela, a thick racist who's never achieved anything at club level and normally always selects exclusivly black squads (with a mixed race or two). Great successful South African coaches like Roger De Sa, Clive Barker, Gordan Igesund and Neil Tovey (who was captain of the 1996 team that won the African cup of nations) deserve that coaching role because of what they've achieved. However, they are white. Need I say more?

Matra1

Mentor
The South African soccer team might be the worst World Cup host team ever. When the USA held the tournament the players were worried they'd become the first host nation not to make it out of the group stage. They did, of course, and lost a tough one to the eventual champions Brazil 1-0 in the second round (round of 16). Maybe South Africa will make history in 2010!

An even more interesting subject - and one FIFA is touchy about - is the possibility that the glorious "Rainbow nation" will not be ready in time to host the 2010 World Cup. I think the US would be the obvious back up much in the same way that Mexico was in 1986 (only 16 years after the last time they hosted it) when the Columbians couldn't get their act together.

Imagine the embarrassment - and political fallout - if the first African country chosen to host the tournament had it taken away from them due to incompetence.
smiley36.gif

cjay

i never knew that columbia was supposed to host the world cup in 86. what were they thinking? that would be like having it now in iraq.south africa has a lot of crime, but the government is actually in control of the country.