Adam Judnich - 2011 RB/WR

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
From what I've read, Adam is your do-it-all RB/WR/KR/DB for La Quinta. He doesn't have any rushing stats posted, but, by his recieving numbers, I'm guessing he lines up in the backfield a lot. His measurables are nice. He runs a 4.37 and has a 39 inch vertical.
smiley32.gif
Too bad he's white, or teams would be falling over him to get a Dexter McCluster-type WR/RB hybrid. He's about McCluster's size at 5-9, 165.

Here is his Rival's Profile.

Here are his H.S. Highlights. Edited by: Jack Lambert

tsjud73

Adam Judnich was just timed by a Nike Sparq certified trainer running a 4.34/ 40 two days ago and a 41.5 vertical, 4.11 shuttle. He is the real deal, only problem is he's in the Coachella Valley and not much exposure is out there. Here is his highlight links to see just how fast this kid is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D5rWV498oY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsthRJjC1es

Just watched him in a passing league put up 300 yds and 5 touchdowns.

snow

Mentor
phil3333 said:
either his speed doesn't translate to fb or he don't run anywhere near 4.3

Looks like he runs a 4.3 and it looks like it translates on to the field to me from the footage. Since he is white, his best bet to wind up at a D1 FBS school is to play at a Service Academy, like Air Force, maybe have a Chad Hall type role, who imo seemed much more talented than McCluster.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks for sharing that, tsjud73, and welcome toCaste Football.

does Adam run track?

tsjud73

He does run track. He has received letters from Service Academies as well as other colleges. He has gone to college camps and combines. The kid has talent and is one of the hardest workers I have seen in a long time. He also does well academically. He's been told by some they are concerned by his size, but you can't teach speed, and the kid has got it. Won't matter what his size is if they can't catch him!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
tsjud73, that's very true. what does he run: 100, 200, 400, or what? can you link some track times and/or videos? having those official track times is a terrific tool to prove that a kid has legitimate speed.

but evenwith official track numbers,many DWFs will still insistthat White athletes who run fast somehow still don't have "real" speed. or they'll say he's "just a track guy." which is funny, because if he were black, that would be a huge positive. such is the double standard of the caste system.

i always like to see the fast football guys run track, but sadlyso few of them do. most play baseball during the spring/summer, because they know they'll get a fair shake on the diamond when they don't on the gridiron.

tsjud73

He runs the 100, 200, and 4 by 100 relay and long jump. He hasn't ran track since sophmore year because he was bulking up for football, but will run this season. His times his sophmore year were: 10.9/100, 21.74/200, and 26 ft/long jump. He has been timed on the 100 recently at 10.4 by his trainer (certified).
He has been in contact with alot of colleges and has been told the only thing against him is he is white.He reminds me of Wes Welker, only faster. Our son trains with him that's why we know so much. He goes to Los Angeles for combines to go against the best in Ca. The last two years he has been named fastest man and Combine King at National Underclassmen Combine (NUC). He was timed at UCLA's camp at 4.34/40.

No other sports played (except track), he really wants to play and go to college for football.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks for sharing that, tsjud73. best of luck to this talented young man. please keep us posted on him.
smiley1.gif

tsjud73

Just heard from Adam's parents, he doesn't have a single scholarship offer but 2 schools are considering preferred walk on status. This kid is beyond athletic, even been coined "freakishand Lebron Jamesathleticism." 4.31/40, 41.5 vertical jump, and a 10.6 broad jump! His team this past season ran the ball most of the time, which didn't do much for him. He has dropped off 20 college recruiting boards! This kid is the hardest working, most ethical, no trouble kid on his team! And he has no offers??? If he can't get one, then I wonder about my own son. I had heard he was told by more than one that if he was black, he would have had offers. This is very sad, to see a young man of his caliber and integrity, work so hard, and get nothing. Not sure if his parents have the financial support to send him as a preferred walk on. I hope this kid is able to reach his goals, he is most deserving.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
What schools are considering him as a walk-on? I hope Adam sticks it out with football and can find a program that believes in his athletic abilities. I would be salivating over this guy if I was a coach as a return man. And would love his "potential" and "upside"to fine tune some of his skills as a WR.

tsjud73

Two California State schools, not sure if his parents would want me to say where or not. Good schools, good programs, but this kid is far more than a practice dummy. Even college Alumni's(former players, who have gone out to NFL) are baffled. Just a good kid who is well deserving.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
tsjud73, that's very true. what does he run: 100, 200, 400, or what? can you link some track times and/or videos? having those official track times is a terrific tool to prove that a kid has legitimate speed.
<div> </div>
<div>but even with official track numbers, many DWFs will still insist that White athletes who run fast somehow still don't have "real" speed. or they'll say he's "just a track guy." which is funny, because if he were black, that would be a huge positive. such is the double standard of the caste system.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>i always like to see the fast football guys run track, but sadly so few of them do. most play baseball during the spring/summer, because they know they'll get a fair shake on the diamond when they don't on the gridiron.</div>
The scouting double speak is he runs well without pads but doesn't have game speed. In the old days before weightlifting and personal trainers many track guys had this problem because the equipment and helmet adds about 10 pounds on your frame and if you don't have the strength to carry the extra weight it will slow you down more than a stronger player. These days it's more bull than anything else.

Riddlewire

Master
Probably a good time for updated Highlights.
The previously listed clip was old. These are from Adam's senior season. He does manage to get behind the defense on several plays. Although his speed isn't really on display because of "Cameraman Quarterback Favoritism", which plagues all highlight films
smiley36.gif
. Also a lot of screen passes, so those don't really allow him to stretch his legs much, either. It seems like his team's offense is conservatively pass-heavy. Mostly low-risk, low-reward passes, then perhaps a big bomb when the defense moves in. Rather similar to a lot of NFL offenses these days. He does look good on some of his returns.
I think he'd be an ideal player for Oregon. Not like that will ever happen.
And if you want to know where his 4.3 speed is, pay attention to the very last play in the video. That's track speed right there, pal.

Edited by: Riddlewire

tsjud73

Thanks for adding the highlights, Riddlewire. Adam is strong enough and still fast enough with pads, out runs them all. He currently has been squatting 400 lbs. The teams offense isrun heavy, no matter what, they would continue to run. Oregon, as well as other schools, had been looking at him. Like I said, he was told by some recruiters, that if he were black, he'd have offers by now- that was last year when the colleges came through. I have my own son to worry about and he may attend another HS next year, but, we know Adam, he deserves an offer. Shoot, at one combine, he beat out the "nation's leading receiver" George Farmer, who has committed to USC. I just don't think he got a fair shake in the recruiting and wonder where it went wrong. I hope after signing day, colleges will re-evaluate and call upon him. In today's world, seems like there aren't as many kids with the will to be great, I would really like to see this kid succeed, he's got the will and the talent.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think he definitely looks more fluid and faster on his senior highlights compared to his junior year. But I think he needs to work on his route running a lot. He's raw, butIf he were black by that 40time alone hewould garner a scholarship. Edited by: celticdb15

tsjud73

Agree with you there. He is currently working with a receiver trainer (NFL receiver) and has progressed tremendously. The HS receiver coach never played receiver, was a linebacker (I think) personally, I don't think they knew what to do with him nor do they have the receiver skill set to train. But, he has gotten receiver training on the outside now and I have to tell you, if I can get film of it, I will post it. It's amazing the difference. I am now putting my son with the same guy. Will keep you all updated, hopefully after signing day, colleges will come back through for this kid. Thanks for your comments!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that's nice to know, tsjud73. another question: what were his short shuttle times from those combines he went to?

the reason i ask is because it looks like he struggles to accelerate when he has to change directions in traffic. his long speed is spectacular, and he has tremendous lift when he leaps for a ball, but he doesn't seem to show the same explosion when he comes in and out of his breaks or tries to make a guy miss. on the deep balls, he clearly blows by the secondary and then has to either slow down (or completely stop) to wait on the pass (much like long striding speedster Matt Jones and Georgia wideout Kris Durham), while onmanyof theshortercatches he doesn't look all that special. i'm just curious, because he looks like a deep-ball threat who was mis-used asan underneath-route receiver ... kind of like if Randy Moss had to run Wes Welker routes. on the few occasionsMoss did so, he looked simply awful. is it a similar scenario (albeit with Judnich being shorter than Moss)?

tsjud73

His pro shuttle was 4.11 at the combine. Agree that the short routes need work and are being worked on now. I also agree he is a deep threat. The coaching staff just didn't do much with receiving. He is currently working with an NFL receiver on route running and really has come a long ways. The trainer even said that he didn't know what the coaches were teaching but they weren't teaching route running correctly. I would agree on the scenario. And although is he shorter, his vertical leap can get him up there, they call some his catches "circus catches" because he shouldn't be able to catch them, but he does. I think even Kick returner, special teams, or just the deep threat would work. I don't know, I just know I have watched this kid through the years outwork everyone and be a good kid and just think he needs the right coaches/training and could be one of the greats (Welker, but faster). Should have at least one scholarship offer. It's just a little disheartening.

tsjud73

By the way, he is doing track this year, just started. Hopefully, if nothing else, something will come of that for him, although his dreams are to play college football. Thank you for the comments as my son andI am close with him and his parents and will relay advice/comments to them.

Riddlewire

Master
UPDATE

Adam will be walking on at San Diego State.
(no link, it was behind a pay-wall)

tsjud73

No, he isn't. He's going to a junior college in hopes that someone will actually see his talent with actual coaches who will promote him, unlike his HScoach who promoted others. He will not be walking on at San Diego State.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hey Riddlewire, you should know that Rivals and the other "recruiting" sites HATE white players with such a passion, that there is no desire whatsoever to include correct information about them. When only 4 white wide receivers only make the top 100 WR list, and NO white RBs make the top 100 RB list, in spite of dominating in the majority of states, the agenda is clear. Of course, the DWFs at school recruiting forums and draft forums have this pointed out to them, they deny any agenda, the bruvas are just superior, and the recruiting sites are fair and impartial. Really. DWFs were born brain-free.

tsjud73, what JUCO is Adam going to be attending? I'd like to be able to follow up on him now and then.