2024 Running Backs

TwentyTwo

Master
Slimmer pickings for 2024 at Running Back.....

Much of the reason why 2023 was such a pivotal year for RB's. Seeing 4 Draft worthy prospects Will Shipley (Clemson) Cody Schrader(Mizzou) Carson Steele (UCLA/via Ball State) & FCS Dylan Laube (New Hampshire). Only 2 were Drafted (Shipley/ 3rd EAGLES ) & (Laube /6th RAIDERS)....
After the SEC's Leading Rusher Cody Schrader went UNDRAFTED ; i am more cautious projecting Skattebo or Larison in the 2025 NFL Draft

Cam Skattebo (Sr.) 5'-10" 212 Arizona State
Lost 14 pounds in the off-season due to illness (pneumonia) back in February ; felt good in Spring + a step quicker
Last season ran for 788 yards & 9 TDs + 24 receptions 286 yards w TD & even Passed for 130 yards & TD
Began career at FCS Sacramento State ; in '22 Big Sky Offensive Player of the Year after rushing for 1,373 yards
Would think he can be a 5th-6th Round selection in next year's NFL Draft
tqmz7z5kisk5ypqjkag8

Victor Rosa (Jr.) 5'-11" 207 U.Conn
Has the wheels to take it to the house! Has already had a 71 yard & 61 yard TDs in his early career
Last season Ran for 550 yards & 3 TDs
Freshman year Led the Huskies in rushing with 636 yards & 11 TDs + All-purpose yards with 987 total.
Former HS Player of the year in Connecticut
_KO26901_LXHsZ.JPG

Dean Connors (Sr.) 6'-0 205 Rice
Former WALK ON Enjoyed a breakout season in '23, leading the Owls in Rushing (771 yards), TD's (7), and all-purpose yards (1,189); while also catching 43 passes for 403 yards & 3 TDs
servpro-first-responder-bowl-texas-state-v-rice.webp

Lan Larison (Sr.) 6'-0 199 UC-Davis
2023 STAT LINE: Even while missing time due to injury, managed 1,101 rushing yards, 13 TDs in 8 games
Productive career, Rushing for 2,169 yards and 24 TDs. + 65 career receptions and 779 receiving yards, plus his 1,000+ yards worth of kick returns should intrigue NFL scouts, too. Look for an impressive 2024 as one of the – if not the – top RBs at the FCS level and also look for a serious shot at the NFL afterward
Walter Payton Award Finalist
Needs to be playing at Boise State being From Idaho
Larison12.12.jpg

Alex Tecza (Jr.) 6'-0 204 Navy
Last season Rushed for 758 yards & 5 TDs
75 yard TD Run vs. Memphis!
From Pittsburgh PA
Tecza_A_111123ph13_oMBMk.jpg

Tate Carney (RS Soph.) 5'-10" 209 Wake Forest
Currently listed 2nd Team
Rushed for 117 yards on 13 carries vs Vanderbilt as a RS Freshman
Former 3 Star out of HS ; Older brother Cade was a Starter at WF
carney-4.jpg

Sam Scott (Jr.) 6 -2" 228 Wyoming
Just needs opportunity! This Swiss Army Knife is a capable "Bell Cow Back" ;
Former Linebacker turned RB Spring of '23
This 20 yard TD run vs Texas Tech was impressive!
resize

Will be sure to Add some more RB's...have the list at 23 (including the 4 FCS RBs)

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well done as always @TwentyTwo ! Good SR crop with Skattebo, Connors, and Larison. Decent number of younger backs to keep an eye on. In particular I want to see Sam Scott get consistent carries.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great stuff, 22! I noticed you mentioned Alex Tecza is from Pittsburgh. He played for Mt. Lebanon, a major high school in the Pittsburgh vicinity. From an article: "[Tecza rushed] 258 times for 2,067 yards and 25 touchdowns. He also worked well as a receiver, catching 27 passes for 209 yards and four touchdowns. His great play was a major factor in Mt. Lebanon achieving a perfect 15-0 record, with their first WPIAL and PIAA Class 6A Championships."

The article goes on to state that Alex "didn’t draw a ton of 'high level' Division I offers and no Power Five offers."

Systematically ignored by Pitt and Penn State, as all outstanding White high school running backs in this area have been for decades. I'd like to say I'm surprised. I'd truly be surprised if anyone notable in this area ever calls out Pitt, Penn State and West Virginia on their virulent discrimination against deserving Whites at every position other than quarterback, tight end and the o-line.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Thank you , 22. Could you or someone else closer to Michigan find out what's going on with Cole Cabana? When I looked him up on Michigan's depth chart, he's listed as the 5th RB. He was highly recruited out of HS, I thought.

El Gringo

Mentor

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
With Bohl gone it will be interesting to see what the new head coach does. Scott played well last season until he was relegated back to the bench when the magical upsider returned from injury.

@TwentyTwo - great write up to get ready for the 2024 season.

TwentyTwo

Master
THANKS for all of the replies appreciate them all! Well said on Sam Scott! He just needs the opportunity!

Carolina Speed ....I do see 3 Seniors listed ahead of Cole Cabana on the Depth Chart; next season will be a pivotal year. Will check into it more. How has resident expert on Michigan Phall been doing?

Yeah Don that was for you; knowing your from the area! Tecza also has ex HS team mate also playing RB at Navy; Eli Heidenreich went to Mt.Lebanon too....started 4 of the 12 games he played ; led Team in Receiving! I'm sure Pitt & Penn State would liked to have had them as WALK-ONs! As in so many cases across the country it's become all too common.
Frustrating!
Much like Danny Woodhead playing at D2 Chadron State; turning down preferred Walk-on @ Nebraska!
......Example in my local area down here in Louisiana...HS Sr. Clas of '24 RB Damon Blocker led his team to the 5A Quarterfinals rushing over 1,350 yards; 20 total TDs; could see him at a Navy ; Army or Air Force; he's better than a preferred Walk-On at a LSU.

Lincoln Pare (RS Jr.) 5-'9" 200 Texas State (via Arkansas State)
2023 (Junior) Medical redshirt ... Missed the entire season due a lower body injury suffered in the summer ... Athlon Sports Preseason All-Sun Belt Fourth Team
2022 (Sophomore) Team’s leading rusher with 772 rushing yards + 29 receptions for 209 yards … 6 total TDs
1,670 yards Rushing in his career
Was asked to WALK ON at Ole Miss he said "No thanks"
1500x500

Anderson Castle (RS Jr.) 6"- 0 220 App. State
Last year ...Missed the first 8 games recovering from preseason surgery foot injury.
Came on strong at the end of last season ; including career-high 119 yards Rushing in the Bowl Game.
Currently listed 2nd team
20221029seqn_Gregg_Forwerck01982_Rbfao.jpg

Carson Hansen (Soph.) 6'-2" 210 Iowa State
Played in all 13 games as a true freshman ... had 22 carries for 67 yards and 11 receptions for 115 yards, an average of 10.5 yards per reception ... also returned five kickoffs for 17.2 yards per return ... carried five times for a season-high 25 yards against Cincinnati ... made three catches for 17 yards at Oklahoma ... also had three receptions for 20 yards against Texas.
Look for a solid bump UP in Year 2
Currently listed 2nd Team

Dylan Carson (Soph.) 6'- 0 210 Air Force
Freshman season ran for 493 yards 2 TD's.....
TWO 100+ Yard games in consecutive weeks ...16-104 vs UNLV & 12 -132 -1 vs Boise State (including a 68 yard run)
Also look for team mate Owen Burk to get plenty carries
IMG_3474-582x450.jpeg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is always one of my favorite threads to read along with the wide receivers. Excellent work brother. Can't wait for the fall to get here!