2024 NFL Draft

woody39

Mentor
My initial reaction to day 2 after 3 rounds is there is are a good few players in caste positions (which is almost every position say for arguably qb, te and centre) picked who will shine but there seems a severe of lack of depth.

Even Leonardfans helpful list of draft prospects doesn't offer much at offensive tackle for instance.

I don't know whether to be optimistic to see De Jean and Bishop in round 2 and Pearsall, McConkey and McCaffrey by round 3 or worry that o line numbers, the devaluation of linebacker in favour of nickel and dime packages and even the lack of white qbs continuing means a worrying trend downward for white players overall despite the occasional superstar in a caste position.

Maybe they have realised they can't stop white players playing so the odd ones break through become stars and then they can argue everyone is else is inferior athletically keeping the narrative.

My initial reaction to day 2 after 3 rounds is there is are a good few players in caste positions (which is almost every position say for arguably qb, te and centre) picked who will shine but there seems a severe of lack of depth.

Even Leonardfans helpful list of draft prospects doesn't offer much at offensive tackle for instance.

I don't know whether to be optimistic to see De Jean and Bishop in round 2 and Pearsall, McConkey and McCaffrey by round 3 or worry that o line numbers, the devaluation of linebacker in favour of nickel and dime packages and even the lack of white qbs continuing means a worrying trend downward for white players overall despite the occasional superstar in a caste position.

Maybe they have realised they can't stop white players playing so the odd ones break through become stars and then they can argue everyone is else is inferior athletically keeping the narrative.
The declining number of White quarterbacks overall is concerning but I thought it was a good sign to see three get picked in the first round. The system definitely doesn't want these White receivers and running backs playing alongside White quarterbacks. But it seems like some of the teams with White quarterbacks are relatively more White friendly.

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
Shipley still undrafted. He ran a 4.39 and will most likely serve a racial apprenticeship. Still some of the clown experts saying Dejuan should be a safety.

Warhawk_46

Master
Shipley still undrafted. He ran a 4.39 and will most likely serve a racial apprenticeship. Still some of the clown experts saying Dejuan should be a safety.
The draft experts have been pushing that narrative about DeJean since the beginning. It is insulting as he was, arguably, the finest cornerback in all of college football.

And Shipley, a proven outstanding, decisive and speedy running back who runs under 4.4 at 5’11”, 210 lbs should have been a second rounder, if not first.

Guarantee if he get the opportunity, he will be the best running barn of the whole class… by a large margin.

woody39

Mentor
The declining number of White quarterbacks overall is concerning but I thought it was a good sign to see three get picked in the first round. The system definitely doesn't want these White receivers and running backs playing alongside White quarterbacks. But it seems like some of the teams with White quarterbacks are relatively more White friendly.
Yes good to see three drafted and I would expect with the exception maybe of Williams the direct comparison for the 2024 class will in my opinion no doubt show that as usual the hype of black qbs was unfounded. McCarthy will be better than Daniels and Penix and Nix will be nfl ready with his experience and tools week 1 for Payton aswell.

It's hard due the lack of numbers to really prove receivers and running backs are kept away from White qbs I'm sure it doesn't help the narrative whitey can't play if a team of white superstars beats everyone else. In danger of that's happening in the 49ers case though if they can get over the hump against the fairly White friendly Chiefs.

It's obvious that White tight ends seem to be a permanent fixture to prop up black qbs though be great to see them light up more for a White qb more often to change the narratives!

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
The draft experts have been pushing that narrative about DeJean since the beginning. It is insulting as he was, arguably, the finest cornerback in all of college football.

And Shipley, a proven outstanding, decisive and speedy running back who runs under 4.4 at 5’11”, 210 lbs should have been a second rounder, if not first.

Guarantee if he get the opportunity, he will be the best running barn of the whole class… by a large margin.
I think De Jean may well be able to play safety perhaps his ball hawking skills do suit but no one ever talks about moving Snead to safety to make interceptions in the middle for instance hence the annoyance for all of us here.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Agreed. If Schrader or Shipley were black they would've been first round picks for sure. I've never been good at predictions, but look for Shipley to go to Houston in round 4 with the 127th pick if the Panthers don't pull the hometown surprise and get him as the first pick in round 4.
However, Shipley and Steelers RB's Coach Eddie Faulkner are close as Faulkner previously with NC State was the first D-1 school to offer Shipley. Pittsburgh could get him at pick number 119.

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
Watching kick off on nfl network and what an idiot Jones Drew is, twice engaged in blatantly anti white mockery of a white player in the discussion with bucky Brooks. Brooks said McCarthy was in the best position to succeed and Pearsall were in the best scheme fit fair to Jones Drew found it hilarious.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Jones Drew right now is hyping Shipley, saying he thinks he's the best RB in the draft, and of course he is.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like only a few thousand DWFs are there today, I wonder what ridiculous number Rabbi Eisen will spew forth this time.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Looks like only a few thousand DWFs are there today, I wonder what ridiculous number Rabbi Eisen will spew forth this time.
They’ll probably say 80k or some nonsense. When I was watching last night they kept talking about how this year broke the attendance record that Nashville set. Even the White mayor (how’d that happen?) of Detroit was boasting about it. So a fake record smashed by another fake record. How Amerikan.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
None of the ESPN draft experts have Shipley/Schrader best available at RB. 4.52 40 RB Ray Davis from Kentucky ahead of Shipley 4.39 and Schrader. I don't have anything else to do today. I was looking forward to this, but I don't know if I can stand much of this crap!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Jared Willey TCU 4.62 40 at 6'6 249 still available, the Panthers select ja Tavion Sanders 6'4, 245 lbs. and a 4.69 forty.
Kyper had Willey as the best available TE, but I guess Carolina thought he wasn't despite the better numbers?

Rocky B

Master
I’m setting the over/under for our running backs.
Ship 4th round
Laube 5th. Not as much production as Cody, but has more league appeal.
Schrader 6th
Steele 7th. Hopefully.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The sheer amount of random blacks getting drafted always becomes apparent in the mid rounds.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’m out and about but looks like I’m missing nothing but a blackout. At this rate, we’ll dip below the 20% predetermined amount.