2024 NFL Draft

icsept

Master
Fiske, I’ll take it. Let’s go Rams! Too bad he has short arms, somebody will have to tie his shoes for him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Damn. Hate this pick. Where will he play? Blankenship and him will probably rotate. Philly DWFs are among the worst, their coach is a douchebag.

DeJean to the Eagles BTW.

Damn. Hate this pick. Where will he play? Blankenship and him will probably rotate. Philly DWFs are among the worst, their coach is a douchebag.
Seems like he's going to end up buried in the depth chart. This reminds me of when Toby Gerhart was drafted by the Vikings.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Eagles traded up to get him. Seeing both DeJean and Blankenship starting in the backfield would be cool.

One thing about the Eagles, they're not a relatively White friendly team but the Whites they do play are among the best at their position so I'm gonna be optimistic about this landing spot for Cooper.

woody39

Mentor
Well they trade up a fair bit to get him, would imagine he will be starting don't pick someone at 40 and not have him out there.

Be good to have two white DBs playing in the same defense. Even if they play safety as a pair.

A shame its to set up Hurts in good field positions!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I find it funny QB is not listed as a need for the Cardinals. Amazing how the manlet gets protected by the franchise and media.

woody39

Mentor
The Eagles traded up to get him. Seeing both DeJean and Blankenship starting in the backfield would be cool.

One thing about the Eagles, they're not a relatively White friendly team but the Whites they do play are among the best at their position so I'm gonna be optimistic about this landing spot for Cooper.
Agreed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was starting to think that Cooper DeJean wasn't gonna be drafted unil the Giants and they would have said Sehorn II. Hope the
Eagles works out great for him. It would have been cool if he could have went to the Broncos.

Bring on some the white running backs. To be honest that has me the most excited to make some strides aside from Cmac!

icsept

Master
I’ll reserve judgment on the DeJean pick. The Eagles are a smart organization, along with the Chiefs and Niners; and now maybe the Chargers. You need a significant number of White players to succeed. I think he’ll get a fair opportunity. I’m done with the draft tonight. Gonna watch the Mavericks.

jacque

Guru
I’m optimistic with DeJean starting at corner/slot corner for the eagles and not eating much into Blankenship snaps.

Good calls on the optimism. It's just weird that they would draft him when they already have four entrenched starters in the defensive backfield. Perhaps he could replace James Bradberry who took a big step back last year and is nearing 31 years old.

Gator Dad

Guru
Seems like he's going to end up buried in the depth chart. This reminds me of when Toby Gerhart was drafted by the Vikings.
I don't think this is nearly as bad as that. Gerhart was drafted when Adrian Peterson was in his prime and (almost) at a Christian McCaffrey level. The Vikings were essentially the one team where Gerhart would get no meaningful touches as a #2 RB.

DeJean shouldn't be nearly as bad off. That said, there are a lot of teams where he would have fit in much, much better.

woody39

Mentor
Oh Powers Johnson at guard for the Raiders. 2 from 2 white selections for Raiders and as Jerimiah just stated good for Minshew so far with him and Bowers.

Gator Dad

Guru
We had Jer'Zhan, Ja'Lynn, and T'Vondre picked in a row. Then Braden had to break the apostrophe streak. Whiteys with their normal names!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Giants have their pick of White OL and TEs - they need both. How will they screw it up?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Raiders, Chargers and Broncos have each drafted only melanin deficient players so far (admittedly only one pick by Denver). Go AFC West!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The first RB is taken. Does anyone think Shipley will be drafted tonight? He deserves to be but my guess is he won't.

So who's next? Not expecting any RBs or QBs until later on. Given the run on WRs could we see Luke McCaffrey come off the board today?