2024 NFL Draft

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Having 3 very athletic wide receivers in the same draft could be a huge booster for us. Most of our guys have grown old, injuries, not been
used properly or have been cut unfairly. We also have very few speedy outside receivers. All three of these guys can be lined up in the
slot or out wide. Can the teams be fair for a change and think outside of the box? Their careers will depend on if they get the playing
time necessary and then they make the most of the opportunity. All white football players have such a narrow window of opportunity!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing so few Whites among the o-linemen, sad is the best way to describe it. There may be as many Polys as Whites, sad to see. . .

In watching the video of Slovis 6'3 215 after running his 4.55 40 nothing much said about him at all, then I watched 6'0 Spencer Rattler's 4.96 40 and Immediately Eisen and the other announcer heap praise that Rattler looks to be a mid round pick.
Rattler is a great example of how every black QB is assumed to be a dual threat by default. I argued with a few people during Rattler's short lived post-Senior Bowl hype who viewed him as a "dual threat" or him having "upside". I categorized him as a poor man's Baker Mayfield based on his size, playstyle and measurables. It seems I may have been too generous. His 4.96 is hilariously bad and far worse than even I expected.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
QB Slovis 4.55 40. Very Impressive!

Slovis had a weird career. He had a great freshman season when he filled in for JT Daniels but was hampered by injuries for the rest of his USC career and once Lincoln Riley came over he decided to wisely leave. He didn't fare much better at Pitt or BYU but seeing him run a 4.5 40 makes me wonder why he was not utilized more as a runner. This is just another wrinkle in the caste system as it applies to QBs. Whites are more or less expected to operated within a structured offense while blacks are celebrated for going off-script and improvising.

Warhawk_46

Master
Here's a combine press conference with Will Shipley. This is the kind of confidence we need our guys to exude. I like how he answers the question as to what he wants to be. He says he's the best all-purpose running back in the draft!

Exactly, he isn’t the aw shucks I’ll do whatever needed like Steele was quoted as saying.

Shipley is reminding me of McCaffrey in his extreme confidence in his ability.

Warhawk_46

Master
Seeing so few Whites among the o-linemen, sad is the best way to describe it. There may be as many Polys as Whites, sad to see. . .
Very sad, and telling.

Whites are literally designed to dominate this type of position. The NFL could fill each team’s roster with Iowa or Wisconsin farm boys and Scandinavian imports.

The evil of the caste system is slowly being exposed thanks to the work you are doing Don.

El Gringo

Mentor
Dan Orlovsky just described Drake Maye as having “sloppy feet” while comparing him to Zach Wilson and Mitch Trubisky on the Eisen show. This may be a new caste term to describe white quarterbacks. At the same time he was drooling over Williams, Daniel’s and Penix’s footwork.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Would have liked to see Georgias Dan Jackson invited for DBs. He seems like a 4.5 guy. Possible to dip into 4.4s

Interested to see what Hunter Wohler tests out like next season.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Dan Orlovsky just described Drake Maye as having “sloppy feet” while comparing him to Zach Wilson and Mitch Trubisky on the Eisen show. This may be a new caste term to describe white quarterbacks. At the same time he was drooling over Williams, Daniel’s and Penix’s footwork.
Sloppy feet ? Well the agility tests could easily lay that to rest, right?

Oh wait, no it can’t because you had people saying how unathletic Brock Purdy is even though he made quite a few plays with his feet and he is demonstrably quick

Warhawk_46

Master
Yet another NFL.com article (this one a post-combine mock draft) where the insinuation is put that Cooper Dejean could move to safety.

I don’t see any top tier black cornerbacks with the same suggestive writing.

Attachments

• IMG_7432.jpeg
    IMG_7432.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A cornerback who is "big, fast and physical" is a real rarity and is the last person any team should move to safety and no black CB ever would be except possibly in the last years of a long career. But so predictably racist in DeJean's case.

Snow Plow

Guru
Here is the best mock I’ve seen in terms of numbers in the first round. I’ve seen Fiske sneak in, but not with Frazier and McConkey. McCarthy will not slip to 30, but who knows?

2. Maye- Washington
7. Alt- Tennnesee
9. Bowers- Chicago
13. DeJean- Las Vegas
16. Powers-Johnson- Seattle
19. Nix- LA Rams
26. Barton- TB
27. Frazier- Arizona
30. McCarthy- Atlanta
32. McConkey- KC

Snow Plow

Guru
A cornerback who is "big, fast and physical" is a real rarity and is the last person any team should move to safety and no black CB ever would be except possibly in the last years of a long career. But so predictably racist in DeJean's case.
Pretty much every mock mentions something similar.

woody39

Mentor
Thanks for all the information guys, not been able to follow much but glad to see so many good performances from our players. Be interesting to see what signings are made in free agency have a better idea where our top guys will land. Mock drafts are pretty point less right now till we've had free agency....

El Gringo

Mentor
Here is the best mock I’ve seen in terms of numbers in the first round. I’ve seen Fiske sneak in, but not with Frazier and McConkey. McCarthy will not slip to 30, but who knows?

2. Maye- Washington
7. Alt- Tennnesee
9. Bowers- Chicago
13. DeJean- Las Vegas
19. Nix- LA Rams
26. Barton- TB
27. Frazier- Arizona
30. McCarthy- Atlanta
32. McConkey- KC

It would be a shame to see both Bowers and Ladd land with a black quarterback. Hopefully the bengals or chargers end up with one of them.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m very interested where Luke McCaffrey ends up. I think he has only started to scratch the surface of his potential. He has only spent two years playing WR.

His natural ability to snag contested balls is huge. I think he has the potential to be a fantastic pro player.

TwentyTwo

Master
Pretty much every mock mentions something similar.
Like Cooper Dejean's interview here ...alpha dog mentality...only 21 years old
Just watched first 2 1/2 mins
When asked about playing Safety as well as Cornerback

The 49ers, Seahawks, Eagles and Packers have also shown interest.

TwentyTwo

Master
This Mock Draft has UCLA RB Carson Steele going to the SAINTS in the 6th Round

That would be sensory overload with Steele and Taysom Hill in the same Backfield!!

Round 6 Pick 210 - RB Carson Steele

The Saints signed Jamaal Williams during the 2023 free agency period in hopes he could produce the same way he did when he scored 17 touchdowns in Detroit just one season prior. The signing has so far looked like a bust as Williams ran for just over 300 yards and one touchdown.

The Saints could look to draft a similar style back to Williams in Carson Steele from UCLA. Steele is a big body running back that will run through you. Steele finished his final season with the Bruins running for over 800 yards averaging 5.1 yards a carry.

usa_today_21653678.jpg

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

2. Maye- Washington
7. Alt- Tennnesee
9. Bowers- Chicago
13. DeJean- Las Vegas
19. Nix- LA Rams
26. Barton- TB
27. Frazier- Arizona
30. McCarthy- Atlanta
32. McConkey- KC

Of course I would love to see McConkey make it to the Chiefs. He would instantly be WR1. Would also be a great landing spot for Schrader. The only RB locked in to the roster right now is Isiah Pacheco. Pacheco and Shrader would be a formidable 1-2 RB combo, and Schrader has outstanding hands out of the backfield on pass plays.

jphoss

Mentor
Yep. Another reason for blackening the position of O-line is due to the fact that blacks mature faster physically than whites. Most of these long-armed black O-lineman have already maxed out physically and offer very little upside (despite that word used almost unanimously to describe most affletes) The white offensive lineman usually will not be ready to play right away, but instead will require a couple years of development to realize their full potential. Being that coaches (both at the college and pro levels) are in 'win now' modes almost every year. No one wants to take the time to develop players. That's why these SEC sumos may dominate in college, but suck in the pros.
Joe Alt is a perfect example of this- a 3* recruit who hadn’t yet grew into his frame but was already technically sound and had tremendous athleticism. Then he grows a couple inches puts on 50lbs and becomes the best tackle in the country

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Joe Alt is a perfect example of this- a 3* recruit who hadn’t yet grew into his frame but was already technically sound and had tremendous athleticism. Then he grows a couple inches puts on 50lbs and becomes the best tackle in the country
JJ Watt was the same. Dat upside wasn’t there yet according to scouts.