2024 New Orleans Saints

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Saints are another NFL team not typically white friendly, however they look to start 6 white players in 2024 up from 4 in 2023. Derek Carr returns as the starting QB and it's always interesting to see if QB/RB/TE Taysom Hill gets any touches during a game. The Saints put TE Foster Moreau in as the starter and DT Brian Bresee is now starting.

Total number of White Starters: 6
Total number of White Players on 53 man roster: 15
Because of the plus 2 improvement, I'll move the Saints grade to: D+

Here is a look at projected starters and the few white backups.

Offense
QB-Derek Carr, Jake Haener.
TE-Foster Moreau, Tayson Hill, Dallin Holker
LG-Lucas Patrick, Landon Young
RG-Nick Saldiveri
RT- Trevor Pennington

Defense
DT-Brian Bresee, John Ridgeway
LB-Pete Werner

Pk-Blake Gruppe
P-Matthew Hayball
LS-Zach Wood

As mentioned Carr returns as the Saints starter at QB. TE Foster Moreau gets his chance to begin the year as the starter with Taysom Hill listed as the third string TE. Also worth mentioning, number 4 TE Dallin Holker makes the 53 man roster as and UDFA out of Colorado State.

Defensively, three year starter Pete Werner returns at LB and DT Brian Bresee moves into the starting right tackle position. Only one defensive back up I could find is tackle John Ridgeway.

The Saints are always watchable as long as Taysom Hill is on the field, however I generally find myself disappointed as they almost never use him as much as needed.

Snow Plow

Mentor
It’s been only one week, but it seems like Klint Kubiak was a great hire. He previously coached Kirk Cousins and Brock Purdy. Carr takes a lot of heat in the twitterverse, but he has had a solid career and this season could end up his best.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Not a terrible team and glad to see some improvement. I see FB Adam Prentice is on the roster and would be considered a starter (not sure how often the Saints are operating in that formation). So 7 & 16 is even better. Practice squad is nearly half White too. As long as Taysom Hill is here, I'll always be interested in what the Saints do.

Edit: Forgot to mention tackle Trevor Penning is only starting due to Ryan Ramczyk's injury. He's been panned by the media as a huge 1st round bust so I'm hoping he can prove everyone wrong this year.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Brian Bresee with a good start to the season, already with three sacks and a handful of other tackles. It is not always easy to stand out as a DT but he is standing out.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Brian Bresee with a good start to the season, already with three sacks and a handful of other tackles. It is not always easy to stand out as a DT but he is standing out.
Wow, that’s pretty good considering he’s only getting rotational snaps. Didn’t realize he had 2 sacks against the Eagles!

Edit: he’s had 61%, 69% and 68% of the DT snaps each week. He’s actually the highest percentage each week at the position (!!) but still rotational.

PS - easy mistake that I’ve seen multiple people make, but his name is spelled Bryan

Last edited:

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The Saints have suffered two tough losses back-to-back. Could easily be 4-0. The workload for Taysom Hill has been super crazy because of the blocking as a fullback. He's been stellar in that role as he is in everything he does. It's been brought to the attention of the viewers on several occasions that his blocking has the been key to success on several of Kamara's runs. It's been too much, however. He bruised one lung the Dallas game and now it looks like he has a fractured rib :(. Adam Prentice does a very nice job blocking, but I guess understand the idea of putting Taysom at the position as to keep the defense guessing.

Saints cut WR A.T. Perry and there has been rumors that there will be a trade for Devante Adams. BOO! I'd much rather see Hunter Renfrow come on board.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Saints have suffered two tough losses back-to-back. Could easily be 4-0. The workload for Taysom Hill has been super crazy because of the blocking as a fullback. He's been stellar in that role as he is in everything he does. It's been brought to the attention of the viewers on several occasions that his blocking has the been key to success on several of Kamara's runs. It's been too much, however. He bruised one lung the Dallas game and now it looks like he has a fractured rib :(. Adam Prentice does a very nice job blocking, but I guess understand the idea of putting Taysom at the position as to keep the defense guessing.

Saints cut WR A.T. Perry and there has been rumors that there will be a trade for Devante Adams. BOO! I'd much rather see Hunter Renfrow come on board.
Let's see, QB, WR, RB, well hell, he's white. Even though he's built like a QB, WR, RB let's make him a human battering ram FB! That's all white players are good for! It's infuriating and absurd.

El Gringo

Mentor
It looks like Tyson Hills out tonight. Too bad I was looking forward to s seeing him and Steele get a few carries.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It looks like Tyson Hills out tonight. Too bad I was looking forward to s seeing him and Steele get a few carries.
Yeah, Taysom gets banged up being a human battering ram. It's completely absurd. A black player with his QB/WR/RB abilities and frame type would never be asked to be a lead blocker in charge of clearing out defensive ends and linebackers. As for Steele we'll have to wait and see. From everything I'm hearing he's effectively the 3rd RB behind Hunt and Perine. He's effectively fumbled his way out of the rotation. Every pundit brings that up first and foremost any time his name comes up.

It's bad to get a rep like that as the opposing teams then make it a point to try to knock the ball out every single time as well.

Warhawk_46

Master
Carr reportedly put multiple weeks now.

I still say the best QB on the roster is Hill. Play him like they new Lamar and watch him shine.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Carr reportedly put multiple weeks now.

I still say the best QB on the roster is Hill. Play him like they new Lamar and watch him shine.

Rumors are their orange black quarterback is in line to start. Rooting for him to fail.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Injuries have crippled the Saints. The supposed reason for Rattler getting the start this week over Haener is running ability. Dennis Allen says it's a week-to-week decision depending on each opponent, however. I'm telling you; I don't think Haener will ever replace Rattler. If Rattler should pull off a victory or two, I don't know if we'll ever see Carr again. The DWF fans and chocolate fans root against Carr and love Rattler. Carr takes a lot of abuse from the haters.

I'm seriously considering giving up on the game that I love. The Hunter Renfrow situation almost was the last straw. I see unfairness all around and I watch very little as it is now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Injuries have crippled the Saints. The supposed reason for Rattler getting the start this week over Haener is running ability. Dennis Allen says it's a week-to-week decision depending on each opponent, however. I'm telling you; I don't think Haener will ever replace Rattler. If Rattler should pull off a victory or two, I don't know if we'll ever see Carr again. The DWF fans and chocolate fans root against Carr and love Rattler. Carr takes a lot of abuse from the haters.

I'm seriously considering giving up on the game that I love. The Hunter Renfrow situation almost was the last straw. I see unfairness all around and I watch very little as it is now.

The Saints fanbase seems to have had a quota fetish dating back to Bridgewater's stint for an injured Brees back in 2019. Once he was gone it was Winston that the fan base wanted to see supplant Carr. I am rooting heavily against Rattler - he is entitled, arrogant, cocky and never lived up to his hype in college.