2024 New Orleans Saints

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Saints are another NFL team not typically white friendly, however they look to start 6 white players in 2024 up from 4 in 2023. Derek Carr returns as the starting QB and it's always interesting to see if QB/RB/TE Taysom Hill gets any touches during a game. The Saints put TE Foster Moreau in as the starter and DT Brian Bresee is now starting.

Total number of White Starters: 6
Total number of White Players on 53 man roster: 15
Because of the plus 2 improvement, I'll move the Saints grade to: D+

Here is a look at projected starters and the few white backups.

Offense
QB-Derek Carr, Jake Haener.
TE-Foster Moreau, Tayson Hill, Dallin Holker
LG-Lucas Patrick, Landon Young
RG-Nick Saldiveri
RT- Trevor Pennington

Defense
DT-Brian Bresee, John Ridgeway
LB-Pete Werner

Pk-Blake Gruppe
P-Matthew Hayball
LS-Zach Wood

As mentioned Carr returns as the Saints starter at QB. TE Foster Moreau gets his chance to begin the year as the starter with Taysom Hill listed as the third string TE. Also worth mentioning, number 4 TE Dallin Holker makes the 53 man roster as and UDFA out of Colorado State.

Defensively, three year starter Pete Werner returns at LB and DT Brian Bresee moves into the starting right tackle position. Only one defensive back up I could find is tackle John Ridgeway.

The Saints are always watchable as long as Taysom Hill is on the field, however I generally find myself disappointed as they almost never use him as much as needed.

Snow Plow

Mentor
It’s been only one week, but it seems like Klint Kubiak was a great hire. He previously coached Kirk Cousins and Brock Purdy. Carr takes a lot of heat in the twitterverse, but he has had a solid career and this season could end up his best.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Not a terrible team and glad to see some improvement. I see FB Adam Prentice is on the roster and would be considered a starter (not sure how often the Saints are operating in that formation). So 7 & 16 is even better. Practice squad is nearly half White too. As long as Taysom Hill is here, I'll always be interested in what the Saints do.

Edit: Forgot to mention tackle Trevor Penning is only starting due to Ryan Ramczyk's injury. He's been panned by the media as a huge 1st round bust so I'm hoping he can prove everyone wrong this year.

Last edited: