2024 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Since 2005 Nebraska has started 11,13,11,12,11,13,14,13,8,10,11,11,9,8,9, 10, 13, 11 and 13 whites.

19 year old Dylan Raiola may be one of the most hyped prospects of the last decade. I believe his father Dominic, an ex NFL OL, is half Poly and half Italian and his mom is white. I am more liberal on these things than most here so I will let yall decide.

The Nebraska hype train is high this year. They maintain a large white walk on presence and have good offensive depth. But still remain an otherwise generic program at most positions. Snow plow 2nd team OL.

Offense -
QB - Dylan Raiola*
TE - Thomas Fidone
LT - Turner Corcoran
OC - Ben Scott
RT - Bryce Benhart

Defense -
DT - Nash Hutmacher
DE - Ty Robinson
LB - John Bullock
DB - Isaac Gifford

Key back ups include QB Heinrich Haarberg and Daniel Kaelin (Rhule is apparently very high on Kaelin; curious to see where that goes), WRs Alex Bullock and Carter Nelson, TE Nate Boerkircher, LT Grant Seagren, LG Henry Lutovsky, OC Sam Sledge, RG Tyler Knaak, RT Gunnar Gottula, DE Riley Van Poppel and Kai Wallin.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not terrible. I did see that Rhule stated Kaelin is a very good QB too. I hope he becomes acquainted with the transfer portal! curious to see if Raiola lives up to the hype. I had always figured his dad was Italian when he played in the NFL. I always use Sam Bradford as my litmus test, the media did everything they could to hype up his indian ancestry.

jphoss

Mentor
Pretty good looking squad, hopefully they make some noise this year. As for the qb I’ll give it to him, his dad looks all white to me but the mom looks poly. Genetic research shows the dad’s genes are expressed 60-65%, not the 50/50 split assumed so he should be 2/3 white! lol

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
One of my good friends here in NC whom I play golf with almost every Saturday is from Nebraska, graduated from Nebraska and was a walk-on at Nebraska. He's borderline liberal. His father was the Dean years ago. Too bad he doesn't know the score. Tried to discuss politics with him once and it didn't go very well. Other than that, he's a pretty good guy. We do discuss football, but race never comes up as Nebraska generally has good number of white players.
I wish they would find a white RB. You'd think that a state as white as Nebraska could find one.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

TwentyTwo

Master
True, I'm familiar with the Western NE folk and they are tickled pink just to have the famous Walk On program, other than that nada.
Wont ever forget when Nebraska asked Danny Woodhead to WALK-ON he said NO THANKS!
Went to D2 Chadron State instead ; recorded 9,259 all-purpose yards, which ranked 2nd on the NCAA all-time list at the time of his college career ending! Then to the NFL Jets/ Patriots/ Chargers