2024 European Championships

freedom1

Mentor
Yes!! It's exciting. Jon Sacoor of Belgium hit a PB of 44.98 in the final. The Belgium mens 4 x 400 meter relay team could threaten for gold.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Almost a day later and they still haven't changed their obivous mistake. Anything to hold down whitey!

3df21d8304c9b628.png

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 200 Meters was just horrible. Despite Filippo Tortu winning the silver medal he ran a 20.41! That is after a 20.14 in the semifinals. It was
his race to win but he blew his load too soon. He didn't pace himself right. Very slow race for the whole field of sprinters. Tortu lost the
easiest chance he would ever have for a gold medal in front of his home crowd. Hope it doesn't kill his confidence for Paris but that is still
almost 7 weeks away!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
in this 100m race, Swoboda did not get her usual blistering start, otherwise she wins going away. Hunt also got a terrible start and she did well to get back into the mix. I caught the interview with LM Jacobs and his fake Italian accent cracked me up lol...
I think he grew up in Italy? I mean I find it weird too but I think it’s real

freedom1

Mentor
Interesting. This red-haired Dobson kid (2nd in the men's 400 meters), has a degree in aeronautical engineering. He did a university dissertation on finite element analysis of a gas turbine engines.

mastermulti

Master
I said in a post several weeks ago that Doom has the perfect build for the 400 meters. Dobson as well. Congrats to this dynamic duo!

Boling needs to go back to the 100 and 200 meters next year. He is not the right build to run 44 flat second times no matter how much they
try to force it.
people like Doom and Dobson would certainly seem to have more talent at 400 than Boling, at least at the moment.
He's a good 400 runner but probably won't ever be great or we'd have seen it by now

mastermulti

Master
what a pathetic bunch those once great Germans are on an athletics field

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-12 at 9.00.59 am.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-12 at 9.00.59 am.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 11

sprintstar

Mentor
Bol wins in a landslide and yet her time is 52.49....she can go much faster as she was nowhere near full out. Well done! Should be a burner between her and SM at the Olympics

sprintstar

Mentor
Re-watched the women's 200m final and I was shocked that the times were pedestrian but also shocked that Kambunji ignored the white 3rd place finisher, expect it form Neita but not half white Kambungi...

mastermulti

Master
Re-watched the women's 200m final and I was shocked that the times were pedestrian but also shocked that Kambunji ignored the white 3rd place finisher, expect it form Neita but not half white Kambungi...
I have always seen Kambundji as a very fair and friendly athlete over the years so I watched this after you posted.
The ones she hugged with came over to congratulate her as winner. Kambundji looked too stunned to do much because she'd come dead last in the 100m.
To my eye the French woman seemed more interested in the replay on the scoreboard than in congratulating the victor

freedom1

Mentor
The Belgium 4 x 400 men's team is going to be a force to be reckoned with at the Olympics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Jakob Ingebrigtesen on yet another European Chamionship 1500 & 5000 Meters Double Gold Medal Performance. This
guy is by far the greatest distance runner the world has ever seen. He got married in September and she is expecting their first baby.
So happy for their family. I want to see him defend his Olympic Title in Paris later this summer.

One last thing. Jakob I. broke his European Championship Record again today. The guy won by 10 meters in a 1500 meters race! :campeon:

proxy-image

mastermulti

Master
Congrats to Jakob Ingebrigtesen on yet another European Chamionship 1500 & 5000 Meters Double Gold Medal Performance. This
guy is by far the greatest distance runner the world has ever seen. He got married in September and she is expecting their first baby.
So happy for their family. I want to see him defend his Olympic Title in Paris later this summer.

One last thing. Jakob I. broke his European Championship Record again today. The guy won by 10 meters in a 1500 meters race! :campeon:

proxy-image
yep, and he always races for his country no matter the championships concerned.
That race wasn't very deep because a lot of other countries' top athletes made themselves unavailable due to the coming Olympics. Ingebrigtsen doesn't play those games - he always races.
He's a credit to the sport as a whole!

mastermulti

Master
fast - her heat run was 11.18 , -3.0 wind = 11.00 with no wind according to Mureiki's tables
Big glutes for a slenderly built woman. A Prandini type frame.
Let's hope they don't try to improve her by filling her frame with muscle

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Only white in the race, and yet she managed to win. The culture of sprints is so far tilted towards blacks that many fast whites mustn’t be bothering.

Taking nothing away from the other athletes I just find it hard to believe that the only white in the race is capable of winning it.

It’s so similar to running back, wideout, and cornerback it’s astonishing

sprintstar

Mentor
It is interesting that Athletics in Canada is now predominately black and yet they are only 4.3% of the population. Athletic organizations across Canada are doing what they have done in the US...promote blacks no need for whites in sprints...