2024 College Football Week 8

Bucky

Hall of Famer
#7 Alabama vs #11 Tennessee is a one this weekend! Let’s go Vols! Hoping Will Brooks has a good one at Safety.

#24 Michigan vs #22 Illinois is more up my alley. Much more going on in terms of “our” guys. I was feeling good about Illinois chances, until they gave up 49 points to Purdue last week.

Nebraska vs #16 Indiana is another Big Ten game of note. I’d say Nebraska has a good shot at the upset here. Black shirts ranked Top 5 in Defense. Rourke vs Raiola is a great QB matchup.

Wisconsin vs Northwestern is the 3rd Big Ten I’d keep an eye on. Badgers offense finally has a pulse and their Defense has tightened up, led by ball hawking Safeties in Wohler and Zachman. Locke at least looking competent. Fickell wants Yacamelli to be a good goy and keep riding the bench, do what’s best for the team blah, blah. But everytime he steps on the field he’s busting a run.

#FreeYAC

30 Carries for 264 yards and a TD!

8.8 average!

How can he ever compete with Darrion Dupree’s 33 for 111 and a TD?! 3.4ypc for the Explosive Chicago back LOL.

For NU, they have a stellar snow patrol led by Mueller and Uihlein! At QB they have a QB breakout candidate in Jack Lausch. Dual threat took over at week 2 and has cats on track. 6’2 210 Redshirt Sophomore has some wheels and can sling it, but needs more work on his accuracy.

726 yards @53%.
4TDs 2INTs
37 rushes for 132 yards and a TD.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice write-up @Bucky

Tomorrow night Oregon plays Purdue. Looks like the Boilermakers are new QB Ryan Browne's team after Hudson Card struggled so far this season. Would love to see an upset here, it's a longshot stranger things have happened.

Oklahoma St vs BYU - BYU sits at 6-0 and is pretty White friendly this year, hopefully Chase Roberts has a breakout game. Ok St benches Alex Bowman for Garret Rangel. The Cowboys have struggled this season and their preseason Heisman favorite RB has disappeared from the conversation.

Arizona St vs Cincinatti - Looking forward to seeing QB Brendan Sorsby in action along with dynamic RB Cam Skattebo. It's a shame ASU QB Sam Leavitt is out this week. Backup quota Jeff Sims has stunk at his other two landing spots, lets hope he is good enough to keep defenses somewhat honest so they don't stack the line vs Skattebo.

Notre Dame vs Ga Tech - two of the best dual threat QBs in the country face off in this one - Riley Leonard and Haynes King. Leonard had a strong game passing last week so hopefully the Irish continue to open up the offense and throw more this week.

UGA vs Texas will be a huge game with playoff and NFL draft implications. Beck and Ewers are the two best QBs in the country so it will be entertaining watching them face off against each other. Both teams have Whites on defense and offense as well. Looking forward to this game.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Likewise buddy.

Action packed weekend Of football no doubt. Should be good viewing.