2024-'25 NHL Season

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Arizona Coyotes have moved to Utah and are now known temporarily as the Utah Hockey Club. They are off to a 3-1-1 start.

Two Penguins hit milestones Wednesday night. Sidney Crosby scored his 1,600th point while Evgeni Malkin scored his 500th career goal in the same game. Crosby is only the 10th player ever to score that many points. Malkin is the 48th NHL player to score 500 goals. Both have played their entire career with the Pens. Very cool to see it happen in the same game in front of the home crowd.

Here's the big Russian's 500th, scored while flat on his back on the ice:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Heard Utah had a vote for the new franchise name with many options. Of the ones I heard, the Yetis and Blizzard sounded pretty cool.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I wrote "temporarily" in the first sentence above.

Actually I don't mind that name, has kind of a cool ring to it. I preferred "Washington Football Club" to "Commanders."

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Compared to Commanders and Guardians… Ya Hockey Club isn’t so bad lol.

Noticed they beat Blackhawks other day. They (Chicago)really stink. Tickets probably crashing down compared to their Championship runs a decade ago.

Gator Dad

Guru
I don't mind "Hockey Club" that much because at least it's not a name change mandated by wokeness like Indians to Guardians and Redskins to Commanders. Yeti or Blizzard are much better names, though.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Same reason I'm glad that Seattle went crazy/goofy with "Kraken" for their new team. I like it when new teams just go for it with names as opposed to playing it safe like the Golden Knights.