2023 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree that he needs to run more 100m'. This is solely his and his coach that decide his program.

It's great to see you on the board today my friend. Hope you and Emile are doing well. Can you please do us a favor?
If you happen to ever talk to any of these young up and coming south african athletes maybe mention our website
here. It would be great for them to know that many Americans, Canadians, Australians and Europeans are supporting them in their
quest to be the best. I think that might motivate them even more to know they have a bigger audience that they didn't
know about. Thanks in advance if you ever get to spread this great site supporting white athletes all around the world!

sprintstar

Mentor
nice race by the winner going away.....interesting as it appears 5 of the 8 were non melatonin racers....

Sweden Henrik Larrson. 9.87 100 meters this year .. Mark my words.his 6.53 60 meter indoors was no fluke. What separates him from other low 6.5 guys is this kid is 6 foot 3 and top heavy. Guys like Papadias, Cecarelli, Shillington and Macrozanaris were skinny semi short guys. I got a good feeling on this kid.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sweden Henrik Larrson. 9.87 100 meters this year .. Mark my words.his 6.53 60 meter indoors was no fluke. What separates him from other low 6.5 guys is this kid is 6 foot 3 and top heavy. Guys like Papadias, Cecarelli, Shillington and Macrozanaris were skinny semi short guys. I got a good feeling on this kid.

Love the positive vibe. I think he has a good chance to go sub but sub 9.9? That may be asking too much but man do I hope your right. I've
been a big fan of Larsson since he ran 10.20 as a 19 year old and won the European Under 20 Champs 100 Meters Final Gold Medal. Since
then it's been non stop injuries and even though he has battled through alot of them it has made his times go backwards. This is the FIRST
YEAR the kid has been healthy the entire indoor season and it should give him that confidence & swagger back going into the outdoor season. I always say if you want to go sub 10, first go sub 10.10 a few times and then you know deep down inside that you can do it.

Rohan Browning is so close that he can taste it. Hoping for a huge year from Larsson. He would inspire so many Swedess to become that
alpha male types that their females need in sports, workplace and in life to defend against the foreign invaders taking over their countries.

Johan Wissman was the best Swedish Sprinter I had seen for decades until Henrik Larsson showed up. He is in a class by himself. :pesas:

Last edited:
Love the positive vibe. I think he has a good chance to go sub but sub 9.9? That may be asking too much but man do I hope your right. I've
been a big fan of Larsson since he ran 10.20 as a 19 year old and won the European Under 20 Champs 100 Meters Final Gold Medal. Since
then it's been non stop injuries and even though he has battled through alot of them it has made his times go backwards. This is the FIRST
YEAR the kid has been healthy the entire indoor season and it should give him that confidence & swagger back going into the outdoor season. I always say if you want to go sub 10, first go sub 10.10 a few times and then you know deep down inside that you can do it.

Rohan Browning is so close that he can taste it. Hoping for a huge year from Larsson. He would inspire so many Swedess to become that
alpha males types that their females need in sports, workplace and in life to defend against the foreign invaders taking over their countries.

Johan Wissman was the best Swedish Sprinter I had seen for decades until Henrik Larsson showed up. He is in a class by himself. :pesas:
There was a tall Norwegian sprinter who I really thought at some point could go sub 10 in Geir Moen. I think jis pb was 10.11 I'll have to look it up. I've got to be honest Sweden of all 3 Scandanavian countries has the most race mixing by far. It's not going to be to much longer before Norway and maybe Finlands athletic teams are going to get darker. He'll in the European championships Ireland had a guy by the name of Otunde. Don't know his first name but it ain't Liam. It's going to come down to Poland and Russiia staying racially pure on their athletics teams. Nice to see Poland with 3 young guys go 6.60 or better in the 60 meters. They might have Europe's best 4 x 100 relay team this year but would not count out Italy and drug cheat Jacob's. You don't go from running 10.2 to 9.80 in one year. No real proof but where there's smoke........

There was a tall Norwegian sprinter who I really thought at some point could go sub 10 in Geir Moen. I think jis pb was 10.11 I'll have to look it up. I've got to be honest Sweden of all 3 Scandanavian countries has the most race mixing by far. It's not going to be to much longer before Norway and maybe Finlands athletic teams are going to get darker. He'll in the European championships Ireland had a guy by the name of Otunde. Don't know his first name but it ain't Liam. It's going to come down to Poland and Russiia staying racially pure on their athletics teams. Nice to see Poland with 3 young guys go 6.60 or better in the 60 meters. They might have Europe's best 4 x 100 relay team this year but would not count out Italy and drug cheat Jacob's. You don't go from running 10.2 to 9.80 in one year. No real proof but where there's smoke........
It also seems like every year England kicks out a young sprinter with 10.0 potential and they always fade into obscurity after a few years. Craig Pickering is the only one who had some staying power other than Scotlands Allen Wells. FYI Larrson is coached by his parents and a third coach. Kind of rare to see that.

alpha males types that their females need in sports, workplace and in life to defend against the foreign invaders taking over their countries.

At the European Champs. Larsson actually was closing on Lamont Jacob's in the last 15 meters. They say you reach top speed in the 100 meters between 55 to 60 meters. With the closing speed he had on Jacob's and he stays healthy I don't think 9.88 or so is out of reach. Rewatch the race there was a real burst there. As impressive as Cecarellis 6.47 was he is like 140 pounds or at least he looks it. You need more weight and size to carry you that last 40. Greeces Pavlakakis and Papadias were low 10.1 guys but were also 5 6 and 5 8 respectively. If you can name me a short sprinter that ever went sub 10 I would love to hear his name .

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I always forget about Geir Moen. Yes it been so many decades but he is the best they have ever had. Well Henrik Larsson has already broken
the 60 meters National Record Indoors. Let's see what he can do outdoors. I think it's a safe bet he will go faster than 10.11 but I don't want
to jinx him. Every time I feel very good about a sprinter bad things seem to happen for whatever reason. So I hope Larsson goes sub 10.10 first and then works on the 10 flat or sub 10.

As far as your question of short guys, one drug cheat that comes to my mind is Maurcie Greene who went sub 10 countless times and was a
former world record holder. For white guys I will have to research it. Yes I to think 6 foot to 6.3 is the perfect sprinting height. Well I just
thought of one. The Chineese National Record Holder Su Bingtian who is 5'8 and has run a wind legal 9.83!

Aren't most sprinters drug cheats ? The only 2 white guys I can name that got caught were Pascal Mancini of Switzerland and Kostas Kenteris from Greece. You probably remember during the Olympics when Kenteris and female Greek sprinter Ekaterina Thanou were supposed to go to a drug testing and they somehow " CRASHED " their moped they both happened to be riding off. I wonder if Russias Valery Borzov if he was juicing or if he didn't and did how fast he really could run.
Another side thought. It might have been 2 years ago but Japan had 3 mixed runners on their 4 x 100 team. Just so sad considering the number of top level sprinters they put out. Koji Ito being my favorite. He ran 10.1 so many times and hurt missed out on a sub 10. Is China's 9.83 guy cheating. Yeah. Probably. That's a he'll of time compared to Lemaitres 9.92 with maximum wind. Nick Makrozanaris had two sub 9.9s but he had a small Tornado behind him both times.

One last thing. Retired Italian sprinter Simone Collio and Ivet Lalova have 2 boys and a girl. I hope I'm around 10 years from now to see these kids run. Might be the best genetics for an aspiring sprinter ever.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have always loved sprinting since I was a kid. I loved to run fast myself and also watch others. I jusr really enjoy speed in sports and in
cars. I love fast cars and have owned many of them. :) Ok back to my point about sprinting.

I was thinking about how the majority of guys that go sub 10 usually run the 60 meters in times of 6.40's to the low 6.50's range. Time after
time the majority of sprinters are like this from around the world. That's why indoors is such a great measuring stick for success outdoors.

The thing is there are always some sprinters although not many that are average starters. You could even say slow 60 meters guys for a potential world class sprinter. One example is Austin Kresley. He only has a 60 meters personal best time of 6.71 from earlier this year. Yet
he just ran 10.10 wind legal outdoors and it's early in the season. Like Boling and others his 2nd half of his races is insane. Even Carl Lewis
was never known to be a good starter his whole career. He almost always walked down other sprinters to win the races. Boling shows this
same skill along with Kresley. Now Boling and Lemaitre are faster than Kresley easily in the 60 but they are still not really the best starters.

It's the 2nd half of races over 100 meters that separates the men from the boys. Whatever sprinter holds his speed longer. Kresley has this
down to an art form. Again he only has a 6.71 p.b. yet is approaching running a sub 10 possibly this summer. Amazing to think about.

To give a great example of this just think about Austin Kresleys white sprinter on the same team/school as him. They run for Iowa for
those who don't know. Fellow white sprinter Kalen Walker can beat Kresley all day long over 60 meters. He has a 6.61 personal best time
in the 60 meters to Kresleys 6.70 p.b. So Walker is a 1/10th of a second faster out of the blocks and to the finish line of the 60 meters yet
Kalen Walker has a 100m meters p.b. of 10.20 where Austin Kresley has a p.b. of 10.10 in the 100 meters. So think about that guys? Over the
last 40 meters Kresley just explodes and gains about 2/10ths of a second in only 40 meters. Wow that is some speed endurance. Very few guys
have that type of speed endurance and that is why Kresley has run in the low 20 second range in the 200 meters to Walkers 20.90!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Austin is white but tends to be like so many whites kids that grow up in a hip hop culture. I've never liked his hair
but he is young. Here he is as a freshman. Scroll down on the page and watch the video at the bottom.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
He's white

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Kresley didn't run this weekend, while his teammates did. I wonder if he might have an injury...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jack Hale is still so hard to figure out. From 2018 to 2021 he was on the verge of something special. Four years in a row and
then in from 2022 and 2023 it's been backwards like he is running in quick sand. Have to wonder if he lost his desire?

Jack Hale All-time Personal Top 10

CompetitionCnt.ResultWindEventDatePlaceCatType Nr.ScoreRecord
Jandakot Airport Track Classic, WA Sports Centre, PerthAUS10.12+1.5100 Metres01 FEB 20201.DH21165
AACT Championships, AIS Athletics Track, CanberraAUS10.14+0.5100 Metres25 JAN 20201.EF1159
Queensland International Track Classic, BrisbaneAUS10.19+2.0100 Metres23 MAR 20193.BF11142
Jandakot Airport Perth Track Classic, PerthAUS10.20+1.6100 Metres16 MAR 20191.CF1138
Mannheim Bauhaus Junioren-Gala, MannheimGER10.21+1.6100 Metres25 JUN 20161.FH21135
Super Summer Series, AIS Athletics Track, CanberraAUS10.21+1.0100 Metres25 FEB 20211.DF1135
Perth WA State Championships, PerthAUS10.23+0.4100 Metres19 JAN 20181.FF1128
Canberra AACT Ch., CanberraAUS10.23+0.3100 Metres26 JAN 20182.FF11128
Track Classic, CanberraAUS10.23+0.1100 Metres28 JAN 20191.BF11128
WA State Championships, PerthAUS10.23+1.3100 Metres15 FEB 20191.EH21128

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Right now, he IS faster than Boling.

Put Boling on Iowa and see what would happen! It's a damn shame and the majority of the blame has to go to Bolings Coach. There
is no way he should get tired every year and his coach doesn't make adjumstments. Indoors she did and then went right back to her
old ways. I'm done making excuses for this lady. Matthew Boling needs a new coach and a new atmosphere a.s.a.p. Of course he isn't
leaving Georgia until he graduates but what a waste of the most talented white sprinter America has ever seen! Yes I'm flipping angry!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
But he was over-raced last year too, and had the same coach, and yet still ran PRs of 9.98 and 19.92. Both in April.
So there is something more to Boling's decline this season; although I don't know what it is.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
But he was over-raced last year too, and had the same coach, and yet still ran PRs of 9.98 and 19.92. Both in April.
So there is something more to Boling's decline this season; although I don't know what it is.

Good point and I did think about that. However the kid ran 9.98 windy 10.11, & 10.13 in high school with little professional training, no
proper diet and only a high school coach. So he is able to run those times naturally. Why have they done to him? Possibly bulked him up
too much? That helps many sprinters while it hurts others. I think some strength is great with out over doing it. There could be many factors.
Even the new money that he has with all of these deals with different companies. Not likely though as he is never fat and he is still as humble
and polite as a morman choir boy. Just like in all sports the majority of the blame goes to the coach.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boling's times in high school were incredible.
Now 4 years later - 4 years of training and 4 years of physical maturation - his improvement from 10.11 to 9.98 is actually not that impressive.
I've mentioned this before, but now, more than ever, I am of the mind that Boling should return to training for the 400m.
Hear me out.

In high school, he trained and ran the 400m. Only in his senior season, did he run the 100m, but he was still training as a 400m runner, not a 100m sprinter. The results were phenomenal! Something about the strength and endurance of being a 400m, helped him in the 100m.

This is not as unusual as it sounds.
Fred Kerley is the 100m World Champion. But up until 2021 he was a 400m runner.

Michael Norman is the 400m World Champion, but has now switched to the 100m, and has a best of 9.86!

Shericka Jackson has long been a 200m/400m runner. Then in 2021, she dropped down to the 100m, and took bronze at the World Championships. She is currently the world leader in the 100m, with a time of 10.86

Dafne Schippers was a heptathlete until she switched to the short sprints in 2015. And 2015, her first year as a sprinter, was the year she set her PBs in the 100m and 200m. She became slower every year after that. In other words, the further removed she was from her heptathlon training, the slower she became.

So for some athletes - probably the naturally fast ones-, training for the 400m actually makes them better 100m sprinters. I know it's counter-intuitive, but the evidence is there. I believe Boling is one of those athletes. And given his season, I think he has nothing to lose by going back to his 400m roots. It might actually make him a faster 100m sprinter.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
All very good points. Another way to look at it is why did he not run the 60 all year long? Last season the coach had him run
countless 60 meters in practice and on race day. I think a lack of speed training and racing could also be the problem. In a 200
or a 400 meters the start is not that important. In the 100 meters the start will make or break your race 95% of the time. Boling has
to work on his start and drive phase in my opinion. When he is in front he relaxes. In the 100 he is always one of the last guys out of
the blocks. He immediatly tightens up to try to catch up which slows him down even more. Get back to running 30 to 40 meters sprints
from the blocks and then add in more plyometric training. Just my opinion but time will tell.

One final thing to add. Boling has enough speed endurance. He has had that since his high school days. Less 400's and more short
sprints is the answer. Get those fast twitch fibers back firing away like a machine gun. New coach and new atphosphere for next year!

In my dreams I would love to coach the kid for one year totally free. If I got better results he could hire me the year after. Will never happen
but he has to get a new coach. He has went as far as he can at Georgia regardless of how the last month goes. Time to move on!

Last edited: