2023 World Outdoor Season

booth

Mentor
I don't know much about sprinting, but Steiner looked very uncomfortable in the outside lane. I also think she might have slowed down some the last ten meters. Hobbs looked very good I thought. It was a packed field.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Coby Hilton 10.20 (0.8w) at altitude in Colorado Springs.
His few races have been at altitude, so I am not sure how fast he will run when he comes back to earth.
But Mary Price Sant, a few yrs ago, also did a lot of races at high altitude, and then still performed well when coming down to regular altitude.

That's a good time but I'm still in the camp that if you can't duplicate these types or performances the majority of the time at normal
altitude then it's overated. Think about it? Coby Hilton ran 6.51 in Colorado and ran in the 6.60's and higher the rest of the indoor season.

I'm a huge fan but I believe it's also a confidence issure. Just being honest. Coby Hilton only seems to run fast at altitude and at home
where he trains. Think back to Julian Reus of Germany. He ran 10.01 and 10.03 wind legal in Germany but never ran good outside of
Germany. Reus had the talent but lacked the confidence everytime in other countries. I think Hilton is probably similar but hope I'm wrong.

Coby Hilton has to prove he can run with the big boys regardless of where he races! If he could get a 10.10 approx. time in another state
it would really help his confidence. It's a mental thing I believe with many black & white sprinters. Hilton has the physical talent but does
he believe he can run fast anywhere? I don't think he has the confidence outside of Colorado. He first needs to prove it to himself. IF he can
get a couple of fast races outside of Colorado then we can take him more seriously. Again I love and root for the kid. Just unsure if he will
ever reach the next level. I really want to be proven wrong. Even with Julian Reus I rooted for him so hard outside of Germany but sadly it
was always the same result. No doubt he had the talent as well.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We all know how there are so many really talented young South African Sprinters. We have talked about a few of them but
I want to give more credit to Eckhart Potgieter. He is only 20 years of age and has personal best times of 10.29 and 20.53
both wind legal. He ran the 10.29 a couple of years ago right when the covid madness started. Add in another 10.30 into a
negative wind. He is slowly returning to fine form. Potgierter ran his 20.53 this year in the cold weather. Very impressive.

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
English Sprinter Oliver Bromby opened up his 2023 outdoor season running a 10.28 +1.1 wind. Not a bad opener considering his
personal best is a 10.21 from last summer. Hope he can get a little faster this year.

Still very few European Sprinters to race yet but that will change very soon! Let's see some fast times on the track!

freedom1

Mentor
I see Cole Beck is scheduled in both the 200 and 100 at the ACC Outdoor Championships. He has 10.14 and 20.77 SBs so far.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I see Cole Beck is scheduled in both the 200 and 100 at the ACC Outdoor Championships. He has 10.14 and 20.77 SBs so far.
Cole Beck is already in his mid 20's. Kind of old for a college kid but yes let's hope he gets some personal bests before
he graduates. I think his track career will be over very soon but I want him to go out with a big bang and light up the track!

One last thing. Cole Beck has a 100 Meters Personal Best time of 10.11 wind legal.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On June 2nd in Florence, Italy we will see Fred Kerley, Lamont Marcel Jacobs and other top sprinters. I don't care about them but guess
who else will be opening up his outdoors season at home?

Samuele Ceccarelli will be in the 100 meters! This is must see tv. Wish he would have opened in a small obscure meet but maybe just
maybe this kid is an alpha male type personality who fears nothing. I would be happy with anything 10.20 or lower to start the year if the
conditions are right and we have nice warm weather. This is so exciting guy!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck runs SB of 20.48 to qualify for 200 final

That's a great time even though it's by far his weaker event. That's moving right there. Great speed endurance. Way to go Cole. Maybe
he can go into the 20.30's in the finals. Good luck to him.

sprintstar

Mentor
Haven't heard of him but his 10.37 100m wind legal is not too bad for a freshman...lots of upside there. His 200m was not fast....

freedom1

Mentor
Cole Beck qualifies for 100 final by tying his SB of 10.14. He is looking strong :)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Also at the ACC Championships, Halle Bieber and Abby Geiser both of Duke, were the leading qualifiers in the women's 100m.
Bieber at 11.40, and Geiser right behind her at 11.42.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling 10.36 for 5th in his qualifying heat at the SEC Championships.
Terrible. And of course disappointing.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling just ran 10.36! It's just so hard to watch anymore. What did she(coach) do to the kid and the rest of the team for the most part.
Wow this just insane!

Unless he is gonna pull another abracadabra in his the races of the 100 and 200 meters finals his season is a disaster.

I already saw that Boling is stuck in lane 9 for the 200 meters finals. This isn't indoors and being all the way outside puts
him at a huge disadvantage then combine that with his poor form it's not looking good. :(

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling didn't qualify for the 100m final.

Can I just punch a wall or something and kick the crap out of something? No words for what has been done to this kid. Like I said I feel
like it's a shame and humiliation senior year tour for the kid. Let's mock and shame him and then everyone can say I told you so. This
is just unacceptable. It's beyond infurriating! Gonna have a night of with alot of beer and hopefully meet a girl to get my mind of this
crap. Wow just Wow. His coach is a genious. She had 2 weeks to get him speed training and he got slower.

sprintstar

Mentor
His start was really bad, he hesitated when the gun went off...race was already lost...... I think he needs to lose in the 200m, pull out of the 4x100 and the 4x400 relays. Graduate, turn pro and get a good coach....

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here is Cole Beck's heat in the 100m.
Go to 6:50 for the start of his race.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Also at the ACC Championships, Halle Bieber and Abby Geiser both of Duke, were the leading qualifiers in the women's 100m.
Bieber at 11.40, and Geiser right behind her at 11.42.
Their heat shown at 3:00 of this video

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is Cole Beck's heat in the 100m.
Go to 6:50 for the start of his race.

Thanks for posting these great videos. Been watching all of the races. I must say Cole Beck looked in control the whole race. Why can't
Boling have a real coach like Beck does? Cole Beck reminds me so much of John Teeters. A little slower than Teeters but not much and
they look like they could be brothers. Also to think Cole Beck played football but they didn't really seem to want him on the team. A guy
with that kind of speed should have been the focus of the football team. I'm happy he ended up in track though as we lose so many of our
best white sprinters to other sports.

mastermulti

Master
Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
good race by Beck...good high knee lift throughout the whole 100, the coach in me would talk to him about his block start and his drive phase abit. The Duke girls looked good although they will have to run faster to win or place top 3. Does anyone else here think Imogen Barrett from FSU is smoking hot?

1683986966290.png1683986966290.png

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Filippo Tortu 20.30 in Kenya.
Jake Doran 20.87.

In the women's 100m with 2.5 wind...
Zoe Hobbs (New Zealand) 10.97
Rani Rosius (Belgium) 11.08
Bassant Hemida (Egypt) 11.09

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Filippo Tortu 20.30 in Kenya.
Jake Doran 20.87.

In the women's 100m with 2.5 wind...
Zoe Hobbs (New Zealand) 10.97
Rani Rosius (Belgium) 11.08
Bassant Hemida (Egypt) 11.09
Good times from the women even though they won't count.

Solid opening time for Fillippo Tortu over the 200 meters. My fear is like his coach said last year that he wants him to just mainly
focus on the 200 meters. I hate this. Let the kid do both. There is no reason he can't but it seems like his coach is steering him away
from the 100 the majority of the time. In my opinion the kid is way to young to give up on the 100 but I digress.

My honest hope was that Samuelle Ceccarelli was going to inspire Tortu and maybe that they could even train together. Guess that's
not going to happen. I think Tortu's Coach just sees Lamont Marcel Jacobs taking most of the spotlight over the 100 so he wants Tortu
to have the 200 meters spotlight to himself. I understand his thinking but I don't see how the 100 would hurt his 200 meters. If it's a major
championship that is different but for normal meets I would love to see Tortu double more. Hate to lose a young sub 10 sprinter because
Tortu is being pulled away from the event.