2023 World Outdoor Season

NikoDuke

Mentor
Rohan Browning runs a 10.18 +0.6 in the 100 meters prelims at the 2023 Australian Track Champs. All the favorites easily advanced
and the wind was minimal in most of the races.
WL. Thanks for the consistent updates. I am no expert on track but I regularly read this thread.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A lot of races at the Texas Relays this weekend.
Here are 19 heats of the 100m, featuring college athletes. These are not top level college sprinters, but still very good.
A fair amount of white sprinters in these heats.
Louie Hinchliffe, a freshman at Washington State ran 10.23.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In addition to Austin Kresley of Iowa running a windy 10.10 (3.1w) at the Texas Relays; teammate Kalen Walker ran 10.11 (3.2w).
Both move on to the finals tomorrow.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's so weird how Gavin Schurr just has forgot how to sprint! The kid was a top 2 sprinter in the US in high school and dominated over
100 meters and 200 meters. He gets to college and the wheels fall off. Unless he is injured all the time I don't get it. Watching
Gavin Schurr watching Jack Hale. It makes me sad for both of them as I know they have the physical talent. At least Schurrr is only a college
sophmore so he has time on his side still. Maybe somehow he will figure out how to run fast again.

mastermulti

Master
BROWNING must hide his light under a bushel. He just won the nationals in 10.02 (0.0). That is actually a tiny bit better than Tokyo, 10.01 (+0.8). 1 lousy m/sec away from a 9.96
I'm not sure if he's going to Europe now but I hope so. Seems a shame to end his season so close to sub 10.

And 2nd place in 10.21(0.0) was another up and coming Kiwi, Dhruv Rodrigues-Chico. A New Zealand 4 x 100 men's relay could now look pretty good for 2 little islands of under 5 million people.
110.13-1.0Edward OSEI-NKETIA08 MAY 2001
NZL
NZL
1f1Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre, Nathan, Brisbane (AUS)25 MAR 20231168
210.180.0Tiaan WHELPTON29 MAR 2000
NZL
NZL
1Hawkes Bay Sports Park, Hastings (NZL)21 JAN 20231145
310.210.0Dhruv RODRIGUES-CHICO10 NOV 1998
NZL
NZL
Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre, Nathan, Brisbane (AUS)01 APR 20231135
410.39+0.2Hamish GILL15 FEB 1997
NZL
NZL
2f2SOPAC, Sydney (AUS)11 MAR 2023

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
just for interest sake ...
".... 16-year-old sensation Cameron Myers (3:38.02, Lee Bobbin). Myers’ time is the fastest ever by a 16-year-old, eclipsing Olympic champion Jakob Ingebrigtsen."

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
19 year old Armand Van Der Walt won the 200m at the South African Championships with a time of 20.50.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Great race by Browning!!
But it seems they never get any cooperation from the wind in those races Down Under.
Can't wait for him to go sub 10.

sprintstar

Mentor
was that Hale in lane 1 wearing pink sprint spikes? God he really needs to quit, he is so done..........

white lightning

Hall of Famer
19 year old Armand Van Der Walt won the 200m at the South African Championships with a time of 20.50.

He is 19 years of age. Thanks jacknyc. Great step in the right direction but as I've said before I worry about
the country he is from. They do not want white sprint stars. I used to talk with Morne Nagel & Clint Venter
many decades ago and it's not easy down there. Hope he has the proper family support.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great race by Browning!!
But it seems they never get any cooperation from the wind in those races Down Under.

Well you guys know I like my predictions. My first predition was 3 guys going sub 10 last summer. Boling, Browning & Wagner. Only
Matthew Boling did it. Then just a few weeks ago I said Browing would go sub 10 wind legal in his last race or 2 in Australia. I was close
but no cigar again. The fact he ran 10.02 with 0 wind proves he is ready to dip under that magical 10 second barrier! As both jackynyc
and mastermulti said I too believe he needs to get a race again as soon as possible and then shut it down for a while. It's hard to peak
twice but it can be done and this is the way forward. Even if he doesn't race again until June he now has his swagger & confidence back!
Let's hope at 25 years old now it finally happens. I think back to Shirvo(Matt Shirvington) and how he went in the low 10's around three
or four times yet never dipped under 10 seconds. It has to hurt so bad to be so close you can taste it but never have it happen!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You guys know it's funny. Mastermulti said around a year ago if Browning didn't have all that hair it might have happened already. I agree
as it's wind resistance just like a the aerodynamics of a car. That being said I love the rock star look. Dont' cut it! He will go sub 10 my friends!

It was good to see Jack Hale run a 10.38 with 0 wind. That is the fastest he has been in a while. Probably too late for him but I like
that he is still chasing his passion and pursing his dreams!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Can you please show me the link to where you found this result? I appreciate it. Would love to see a video if someone
uploads it to youtube. Unless your from a upper middle class or rich family in south africa, it's a very hard place to live
with the majority of whites in severe poverty. It's a very sad situation and a dangerous place to live in so many parts of
south africa.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In addition to Austin Kresley of Iowa running a windy 10.10 (3.1w) at the Texas Relays; teammate Kalen Walker ran 10.11 (3.2w).
Both move on to the finals tomorrow.
Austin Kresley 10.19 and Kalen Walker 10.20 (1.6w) in the finals at the Texas Relays.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Can you please show me the link to where you found this result? I appreciate it. Would love to see a video if someone
uploads it to youtube. Unless your from a upper middle class or rich family in south africa, it's a very hard place to live
with the majority of whites in severe poverty. It's a very sad situation and a dangerous place to live in so many parts of
south africa.

mastermulti

Master
was that Hale in lane 1 wearing pink sprint spikes? God he really needs to quit, he is so done..........
I watched this race again at various speeds. Look closely at Hale's face and shoulders - he looks like a guy with no confidence just "trying" too hard. At least he's just moved from the mainland back to his island home of Tasmania where he's recommencing with his original coach.
That poor coach has some big corrections to make now that Hale has lost his throne as even little Tasmania's fastest man.

this is how he raced a month before his 18th birthday - 6 years ago

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I think what Kalen Walker did out of lane 9 on the very outside of the track was even more impressive. We all know how hard it is to
run fast or win on the very inside or outside lanes of the track. Your running blind the whole time and reaction time is usually slower.
I wish Kresley would get rid of those stupid dread locks. Not a good look. Great race by both sprinters however!

mastermulti

Master
Great race by Browning!!
yes, we often sigh at that - and it wasn't hot either. Browning said after the race sprinters love a +2m/s and 30C.
If they had those conditions on yesterday's run it would translate to around a 9.91/92 - or Christophe Lemaitre's best time (which had a +2.0).

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
I think what Kalen Walker did out of lane 9 on the very outside of the track was even more impressive. We all know how hard it is to
run fast or win on the very inside or outside lanes of the track. Your running blind the whole time and reaction time is usually slower.
I wish Kresley would get rid of those stupid dread locks. Not a good look. Great race by both sprinters however!
what a great race. Quite a spectacle when 8 men are within 5/100ths

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I'm just scratching my head why he wasn't in the 100 meters. I checked all of the heats and he didn't enter. Maybe he had
a minor injury and thought doing all of those heats of both would be too much trouble. The most important thing is he beat
all the big boys in his country and it can help be a good springboard going forward. I want to see him lower his 100 meters
p.b. soon. It's strange but even in his races he never has a wind. That makes the time more impressive being how young he is.

I'm almost postive he would have doubled. The guy that won ran in the low 10.50's. Armand Van Der Walt would have crushed him!

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
He probably liked his chances better in the 200m, and wanted to focus on that.
The winner of the 100m ran 10.14 and 9.92 in the semis.
Van Der Walt has a pb of 10.19, so he might have medalled.
Anyway, he's young and has time to go after the SA 100m crown!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He probably liked his chances better in the 200m, and wanted to focus on that.
The winner of the 100m ran 10.14 and 9.92 in the semis.
Van Der Walt has a pb of 10.19, so he might have medalled.
Anyway, he's young and has time to go after the SA 100m crown!

No I met the Under 20 meters 100 meters Finals for South Africa. Yes the senior title is what he needs to aspire to someday.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Oh, I see!
Hmm, yes strange he didn't run the 100m at their U20 Championships.
But pretty cool that he is already the senior 200m Champion!