2023 World Outdoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Austin Kresley 20.33 in the West Regional heats.
He is tied as the fastest qualifier in the 200m.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Rebekka Haase opened up her outdoor season with a very nice 11.13 with Lisa Mayer not too far behind with a 11.16! I think
the German Women are going to have an epic womens 4 x 100 Relay Team this summer.

csm_mayer-lisa_jubel_wetzlar23_foto_chai_6218aeb598.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling's race is the first one in this video.

Thanks for posting this. I was searching for it earlier tonight. I thought Boling looked great. No tightness and just relaxed! Let's
hope he can go sub 20.10 or better the next race! He has to be so sad reflecting on the season as a whole. He needs some more
redemption. He can't run angry though. Boling has to stay relaxed and let the speed flow through him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In Germany today 22 year old Robin Ganter ran a new p.b. of 10.16! Now that's how you smash your p.b. in your very first race!
Great to see and hopeully that is just the base and he will build on this and get faster.

iu

I want to comment a bit about Robin Ganter. I looked at his p.b. in the 60 meters and it's only 6.65 but most of his 60 meters races
this year were in the very high 6.60's to 6.70's range. His average is around a 6.70 and he raced alot indoors. This reminds me of
Austin Kressley of Iowa. Robin Ganter has speed endurance better than most sprinters in the 100 meters. It's strange to see guys
that are slow over 60 but that can still run elite 100 meter times. You don't see it very often. At 22 years of age, Robin Ganter should
have alot of upside.

mastermulti

Master
thanks guys.
Some very nice performances there -but like you WL, very pleased to see Boling run more to form. And that Cole Beck - looks a powerful sprinter. Kresley continues to impress in the deuce

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In Italy we had windy conditions for the mens 100 meters.

Lorenzo Patto ran 10.09 and 10.08 both windy. Still good to see.

Filippo Tortu ran 10.16 and 10.17 both windy as well.
Well great news for Lorenzo Patta, but very disappointing runs by Tortu.
A few years ago, he was a sub-10 sprinter, and the fastest man in Italy.
Now he has slipped to possibly the 4th fastest Italian sprinter. I really hope he can step it up this season, but honestly, he seems to be going the way of Lemaitre...sliding a little bit every year, despite still being young.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well great news for Lorenzo Patta, but very disappointing runs by Tortu.
A few years ago, he was a sub-10 sprinter, and the fastest man in Italy.
Now he has slipped to possibly the 4th fastest Italian sprinter. I really hope he can step it up this season, but honestly, he seems to be going the way of Lemaitre...sliding a little bit every year, despite still being young.

Yes I agree but I blame it on his coach. Tortu's Coach announced last year that they would focus on the 200 meters the majority of the
time. It didn't help Tortu to improve over the 200 meters and it also hurt his 100 meters as he has gotten slower in both. I think the coach
was intimidated by the italian sprinter Lamont Marcel Jacobs and he just threw up the white flag. Meanwhile a real coach trained
Samuele Ceccarelli to become the fastest white sprinter in the worlds history over 60 meters. We will see what Ceccarelli does outdoors
but his coach has an alpha male mentality while Tortu's Coach is a beta male. I think Lemaitre and his coach were also of the beta male type
personality type. You have to be a leader as a coach and pass that confidence onto the sprinters. If the coach doesn't have faith how can the
athlete reach his potential? Look around the world today. What is wrong with the west is too many soy boy types everywhere. Why society
is falling. Sports is a reflection of society!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
"The Olympic Hunt can begin and it will take alot if I'm not selected"

Henrik Larsson is about to suprise alot of people and make his name known!
image.php

white lightning

Hall of Famer
South African Sprinter Eckhart Potgieter just ran a new p.b. in the 100 meters of 10.24 wind legal. HIs 200 p.b. is 20.53 and he is
only 20 years old. The future is bright for this kid along with so many other rising young South African Sprinters!

proxy-image

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A young Slovenian Sprinter to watch closely is

Anej ČURIN PRAPOTNIK​

He just turned 20 a couple of days ago on May 23rd! He already has a personal best time in the 100 meters of 10.29! This fine
young sprinter has also already a p.b. in the 60 meters of 6.67! So as his body matures look out. I can see him getting a wind
legal 10.20 possibly this summer and he isn't even old enough to drink a beer in America. Haha. Very talented sprinter!
proxy-image

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A 21yr old Hungarian kid named Attila Molnar, ran a great time of 44.98 in Cyprus.
Good to hear about some new talent in the 400m.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's a fantastic time for Attila Molnar. Yes we need more men & women in the 400 meters! Exciting young sprinter. SInce the
Borless Brothers there has been a big drought over that distance. I miss the days of Jeremy Wariner dominating.

proxy-image

sprintstar

Mentor
Just watched some D111 action and a mens(all white) 4x100 relay squad from Wisconsin-LaCrosse breaking the D111 record in the prelims with a 39.84. Well done!

freedom1

Mentor
With a 2.0 wind, his time probably would have been 10.01. So he is on the verge of breaking through. Hope he catches a flyer in the final.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't believe a white sprinter has ever run faster under any conditions than Cole Beck's 9.87w.
In other words, that's the fastest 100m ever run by a white man.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't believe a white sprinter has ever run faster under any conditions than Cole Beck's 9.87w.
In other words, that's the fastest 100m ever run by a white man.
Didn't Peter Karlsson run a time in this range?

I could be off by a few 100th's as this time was in the 90's with a gale force wind.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I see that Peter Karlsson ran a 9.98 with 4.0w.
Filippo Tortu 9.97 (2.4w)
Boling 9.97 (3.2w)
Gemili 9.97 (3.7w)
Browning 9.96 (3.3w)
Lemaitre 9.94 (2.6w)
Vitaliy Savin 9.94 (2.7w)
Richard Kilty 9.92 (4.4w)
John Teeters 9.91 (4.2w)
Nikolas Macrozanaris 9.91 (3.7w)

These are from the World Athletics website, so should be pretty comprehensive.