2023 White Purge

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's bad every year but for some reason it feels even worse this time. Andy Isabella in particular. I thought he was safe due to his
experience and how fast he is. Speed kills but only when it's a non white guy. Then the teams slobber all over them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Falcons cut FB Clint Ratkovich, WR Matt Sexton and LB Frank Ginda
Seahawks purge S Ty Okada, LB Levi Bell, LB Patrick O'Connel
Titans cut LB Chance Campbell, WR Mason Kinsey
Saints cut DT Jack Heflin and DE Niko Lalos

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In a surprise move, the Chiefs waived QB Shane Buechele. He tore it up all preseason and was battling Blaine Gabbert for the #2 QB position. With the NFL's new QB3 rule, it's thought that most teams would keep 3. This kid is really good. I won't be surprised however to see another team claim him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Patriots waive QB Bailey Zappe. The genius strikes again!

Dolphins cut CB Ethan Bonner and TE Tanner Connor

woody39

Mentor
Patriots waive QB Bailey Zappe. The genius strikes again!

Wow! I hope he is a plan because that is an awful move!

Calvin Munson also amongst the cuts at linebacker and Raleigh Webb special teamer. Also some o line guys who to be fair all been awful this preseason.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
TE Jace Sternberger dumped by the Bills.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
QB Trevor Siemian, TE Nick Bowers and WR Trent Taylor waived by the Bengals.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Eagles complete their near total purge by waiving OL Josh Sills and LB Ben Van Sumeren. Very good chance they're into single-digit territory. A quick glance shows only three whites on the two-deep beyond the starters: two TEs and one OL. Even cut punter Arryn Siposs for good measure.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Well at least with a single cutdown the pain is over more quickly than the previous 3 cuts over 3 weeks. It's almost overwhelming though to look through the BIG cutdown lists from the teams all at once. In addition to the white players cuts, there are a lot of De'Shaans, Dequans, Divaads and Lataviouses. And that's just from the Jaguars.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am surprised the Giants cut DeVito. I really wrote him off after the draft but I watched him during the preseason and he looked better than I thought he would.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Lot of Whites cut for being White.

What more could guys like Lalos or VanSumeren do? It’s frustrating that even when they are head and shoulders above their competition it doesn’t matter. Hopefully another team picks them up but I won’t count on it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lot of Whites cut for being White.

What more could guys like Lalos or VanSumeren do? It’s frustrating that even when they are head and shoulders above their competition it doesn’t matter. Hopefully another team picks them up but I won’t count on it.

Yep. Same story every year. We are the only ones who see it and connect the dots. Meanwhile black scrubs galore get positions due to racial preference over ability and on field production.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Same story every year. We are the only ones who see it and connect the dots. Meanwhile black scrubs galore get positions due to racial preference over ability and on field production.
Cutting 90 man rosters down to 53 is always going to be painful from our perspective, and some will re-emerge on the now large practice squads for whatever it's worth. So far I've seen few surprises and that's what I look for so overall I'm fairly happy with this year's purge.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Eagles complete their near total purge by waiving OL Josh Sills and LB Ben Van Sumeren. Very good chance they're into single-digit territory. A quick glance shows only three whites on the two-deep beyond the starters: two TEs and one OL. Even cut punter Arryn Siposs for good measure.

There is a reason they call it the city of brotherly love.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Cutting 90 man rosters down to 53 is always going to be painful from our perspective, and some will re-emerge on the now large practice squads for whatever it's worth. So far I've seen few surprises and that's what I look for so overall I'm fairly happy with this year's purge.

At least we here have all finally broken free of belief that the Patriots will sign any of the White players getting cut. Belichek has become flat out exposed with his talent evaluation. Have to wonder who was the real architect behind those Patriots teams from 10-12 years ago.

The practice squad signing start tomorrow so hopefully a decent number of our guys either get signed to other active rosters or end up on their teams practice squads.

El Gringo

Mentor
Fullback Ben Mason cut by the Ravens

Fullback/DE Derek Parrish cut by a Jags

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
At least we here have all finally broken free of belief that the Patriots will sign any of the White players getting cut. Belichek has become flat out exposed with his talent evaluation. Have to wonder who was the real architect behind those Patriots teams from 10-12 years ago.

The practice squad signing start tomorrow so hopefully a decent number of our guys either get signed to other active rosters or end up on their teams practice squads.
I would have to say that overall Belichick's "talent evaluation" is about league worst at least when it comes to drafting, so yeah the "real architect" is a legit question. For all we know it was Bob Kraft who urged The Genius to exploit the obvious array of White talent at WR and RB. It's always "interesting" how the Patriots became known for having White receivers yet not one other team exploited or copied what a 20 year dynasty did in a salary cap league. Again, so much overwhelming evidence for the Caste System that the trained seals (DWFs) are incapable of even thinking about.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
My least favorite time of the year.. Even worse than Draft Day in some ways…

Warhawk_46

Master
I think some of the cuts this year were worse than ever. Funk, Sills, Lalos, VanSumeron, all have VERY good preseasons.

It is disheartening, to put it mildly.