2023 UCLA Bruins

Phall

Master
Between 2005 and 2012, UCLA started 7, 7, 9, 10, 8, 4, 8, and 9 white players. No write-ups were done between 2013 and 2015. Between 2016-2019 they started 6, 8, 3, and 4. (2020 season was cancelled). Since 2021, they've started 7, 4, and now 9 white players in 2023 (thanks to a bit of juggling on the official Week One depth chart).

Chip Kelly has named Ethan Garbers the starting QB for the season opener, although the position will remain tentative throughout the year. Garbers started his career at Washington and was the primary backup last year. Colin Schlee is a capable transfer from Kent State who also has two more years of eligibility. They are battling against a five-star "celebrity" true freshman black quarterback, who likely would've been given the job if he was close to even with them. Kelly claims that all three will get playing time.

I'm listing Ball State transfer Carson Steele as a *co-starter* at running back even though he is currently slated to split carries. He's received a bunch of positive press this offseason and will feature in every game whether or not he is the first back on the field in Week One. Yankoff played mostly special teams last year but scored three touchdowns and mustered a 59-yd rushing game. He's listed as the third RB this season and should expand on his body of work as a redshirt senior.

Slot receiver Logan Loya caught at least one ball in eleven games last year and moves up the depth chart. He should also reprise punt returning duties.

The defense remains extremely black with a few Polynesian players where whites used to be.

Although the white depth seems to have dwindled down this season, the Steele/Loya/Garbers trio make this one of the more interesting teams to watch.

Starters:
QB: Ethan Garbers
RB: Carson Steele*
WR/Slot: Logan Loya
OG: Spencer Holstege, Josh Carlin
OT: Garrett DiGiorgio, Bruno Fina
TE: Hudson Habermehl

LB: Kain Medrano

KR: Colson Yankoff
PR: Logan Loya

Backups:
QB: Colin Schlee
RB: Colson Yankoff
WR: Braden Pegan
OL: Benjamin Roy
TE: Carsen Ryan, Jack Pedersen

DE: Jake Heimlicher
DT: Dovid Magna
LB: Carson Schwesinger

Last edited:

Phall

Master
"Most interesting man in college football"

"Carson Steele: Top Impact Transfer"

"Carson Steele Will Lead P5 Tailbacks in Rushing"

white lightning

Hall of Famer
UCLA is on my must watch list. A white qb, best rb in the country other than Shipley in Carson Steele. White receivers, backup
white running back, etc. etc. The Bruins are going to Ruin their opponents. At least I hope so. They have some serious talent.
Let's see how it all meshes. Nice write up Phall.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Really excited to see Steele. Pretty sure everyone here is lol

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice write-up. Let's hope either Garbers or Schlee are the long term answer at QB. These anointed black saviors are popping up all over the country. Seems we are the only ones that know what's really going on.

Steele should be very good in the defense optional PAC 12. Hopefully Yankoff gets some carries too!

Phall

Master
Chip Kelly giveth and taketh away, as Carson Steele starts Game 2 at running back… along with freshman black quarterback Dante Moore.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Chip Kelly giveth and taketh away, as Carson Steele starts Game 2 at running back… along with freshman black quarterback Dante Moore.
So, there was no reason to bench Garbers, huh? Well he may never see the field again unless he transfers.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://www.on3.com/college/ucla-br...ways-fired-ucla-football-coach-bruins-report/

Sounds like Chip Kelly's return to the quota fetish won't save his job. Steele will be in no man's land if this report ends up to be true. Hopefully he gets enough carries in the next two games to hit 1k yards rushing. Steele would actually be an asset in the Big Ten as physical, athletic, dominant RBs tend to do well in that division.

Phall

Master
In order to get into UCLA you need damn near a perfect GPA and SAT scores but here’s Chip Kelly bringing in literal criminals onto campus

Call me a "victim-blamer" or whatever, but I can't really be mad at the crooks here.

Shedeur Sanders, the Colorado quarterback and famous coach's son, drives both a $400,000 truck and a $200,000 car. After winning a game on the road earlier in the season (a long time ago, as the Buffalos have regressed toward their mean), he went to the opposing team's student section and taunted them (mostly white underclassmen) by showing off his $40,000 Rolex watch.

This is all groundbreaking behavior, but also groundbreaking circumstance. There isn't some rule against it because it was inconceivable just ten years ago.

Obviously, these black celebrities are going to get robbed, assaulted, and murdered by their own peers more and more often as this madness continues to snowball.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Call me a "victim-blamer" or whatever, but I can't really be mad at the crooks here.

Shedeur Sanders, the Colorado quarterback and famous coach's son, drives both a $400,000 truck and a $200,000 car. After winning a game on the road earlier in the season (a long time ago, as the Buffalos have regressed toward their mean), he went to the opposing team's student section and taunted them (mostly white underclassmen) by showing off his $40,000 Rolex watch.

This is all groundbreaking behavior, but also groundbreaking circumstance. There isn't some rule against it because it was inconceivable just ten years ago.

Obviously, these black celebrities are going to get robbed, assaulted, and murdered by their own peers more and more often as this madness continues to snowball.
I think we can blame both sides. Coach “Prime” initially stated he wanted UCLA to compensate for the stolen items. Now it becomes apparent that the culprits were UCLA recruits ( more than likely black youffs) that did stealing and both Sanders and Chip Kelly are both asking for leniency for the entitled criminals of the magical race.

It’s perfectly fine to hate the victims, the culprits and the system that continues to allow for this type of dual tier treatment for magical upside Americans.

Wow I had no idea they were driving cars that expensive. This whole NIL thing is beyond ridiculous

icsept

Master
Wow I had no idea they were driving cars that expensive. This whole NIL thing is beyond ridiculous
I thought the purpose of NIL was to allow players to market themselves, do commercial, sell autographs, etc. However, it’s just a booster slush fund where they offer players $$ to come to their school.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I thought the purpose of NIL was to allow players to market themselves, do commercial, sell autographs, etc. However, it’s just a booster slush fund where they offer players $$ to come to their school.
To the naive it was but it was really meant to get the under the table payments out of the swamp and into the light of day where the IRS can tax it and the AD and board of regents of x school have one less headache to deal with when it comes NCAA violations.

Yeah exactly how are you supposed to market yourself when no one knows who you are? The vast majority of affletes are unrecognizable to most people

Phall

Master
The Bruins are on a major up-swing after Chip Kelly benched his freshman black quarterback superstar for gritty lunchpail-man Ethan Garbers. Garbers was a modest 18/31 for 155 yards and three touchdown passes, while "game-managing" no turnovers against a vainglorious USC team that has now lost 5 of 6 games. The final score was 38-20, and although this rivalry is not as sharp as say Michigan v. Ohio State, it is *unusual* that USC would be the team getting smoked.

Garbers has another year of eligibility (at least - who knows with the covid-mania stuff). He's clearly QB1 going forward. Will he have to "fight" for his job in the coming offseason? I thought that Chip Kelly acquiesced and gave his supastar a biased nod; his team paid the price for this with preventable losses that hurt their bowl standing.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Fine example of the caste system at the QB position. He probably cost UCLA a game or two. The groupthink is that he is going to transfer to another big school and claim a job by the clueless fans. Apparently they did not see the results on the field.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
CFB “group think” is just as bad as any other area in life.