2023 Ohio State Buckeyes

Phall

Master
Since 2005, Ohio State has started 12, 11, 11, 10, 10, 12, 12, 8, 4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, and 5 whites players (no writeup in 2013). In 2023, they will start 6.

The Buckeyes will be starting a white quarterback for the first time since 2011, when former walk-on Joe Bauserman began the at the helm before being replaced mid-season by Braxton Miller. Kyle McCord is the provisional winner of the QB competition, although head coach Ryan Day has said that Devin Brown will see playing time and continue to compete. For what it's worth, Ohio State fan chatter thinks Brown takes the job by the end of the year. McCord was Bryce Young's backup for the past two seasons and has the experience edge. Behind those two, the next two quarterbacks on the roster are also white (!!!).

Ohio State suffers from an abundance of recruiting riches, as usual, which means very black teams. Lately, the receivers have been their top position group, and this year is no exception. This should result in some gaudy passing stats for one of our guys. Cade Stover is a reliable safety valve at tight end as a returning starter.

The offensive line seems to be the major weakness on what would otherwise be a clear-cut playoff contender. Josh Fryar graded poorly last year but will start at left tackle. Redshirt freshman Carson Hinzman takes over at center. Devin Brown is the more nimble of the two quarterbacks; if the line can't hold up against pressure, he may take over the job sooner to add some scrambling/bailout aptitude.

Again as usual, the pickings on defense are slim while punctuated with a couple of absolute studs. Jack Sawyer will be a major contributor as a pass rusher for the third season and could go pro with a solid year. Tommy Eichenberg may have a lower draft grade but has been projected as a first-team All-American at linebacker. The pair will get plenty of positive press throughout the year. When they depart, Gabe Powers, Caden Curry, and Reid Carrico are poised to take over their token spots as white defensive stars.

Starters:
QB: Kyle McCord
OT: Josh Fryar
C: Carson Hinzman
TE: Cade Stover

DE: Jack Sawyer
LB: Tommy Eichenberg

Backups:
QB: Devin Brown (will compete during season), Tristan Gebbia, Lincoln Kienholz
OT: George Fitzpatrick, Luke Montgomery, Grant Toutant
OG/C: Jakob James, Zen Michalski, Trey Leroux, Toby Wilson
TE: Joe Royer (has a 'Bob Ross afro')

DE: Caden Curry
LB: Reid Carrico, Gabe Powers

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I've hated the Buckeyes for a long time. Probably since I started really getting into following the sport in the early 2000s. Outside of the tremendous trio of AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Schlegel I never had a vested interest in them. It's amazing it's taken so long for them to have a guaranteed White starting QB for a season. Hopefully one of these QBs establishes themselves as a college football star. I do know they have already recruited a 2024 quota named Air. That's like chum in the water for drunk white fans. I'll root for them as long as one of the White QBs remain under center.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Amazing how a White QB makes this team much more palatable….at least to me. Thinking Sawyer has 1st round pick potential. Following Bosa brothers and Hubbard’s footsteps.

Last edited:

jphoss

Mentor
White defensive players at osu get the nfl treatment- if you’re not all-conference caliber then you’re not on the team

Bucky

Hall of Famer
12 year since Buckeyes have had a White QB. America sure is racist.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
OSU is so committed to diversity they wouldn’t even start Joe Burrow!
That’s right! Almost forgot. Even Stephen A Smiff has Burrow ranked as a top 5 player in the NFL, yet not good enough to break through the black quarterback depth chart at OSU. Lol.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ryan Day not completely endorsing McCord as the starter. He put up similar numbers to CJ Stroud in his first start yet Stroud was good enough to be cemented as the starter no questions asked while McCord will continue to look over his back at Devin Brown. Another little Caste System wrinkle for everyone thinking I was a little crazy regarding the quota takeover and the ways in which it is playing out.

https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-st...ough-to-win-in-week-1-wont-be-moving-forward/

jphoss

Mentor
What a great way to build up the young man’s confidence! Now after every bad play he’ll be looking over his shoulder smh

Phall

Master
Day finally named Kyle McCord the permanent starter going forward. This was kind of a weird extension of the QB competition, since Devin Brown never got any competitive series on the field. Anyway, no reason going forward to expect that McCord won't put up a stat line that would get scouts and journalists salivating if only he looked different.

white is right

Hall of Famer
https://www.on3.com/news/chip-kelly...be-ohio-state-buckeyes-offensive-coordinator/

Chip Kelly leaves UCLA to become Ohio State offensive coordinator.
Doesn't this all but signal Kelly expects UCLA to get waxed during their first season in the new Big 10. I suppose if it was all about the money with him he would have stuck it out and gotten fired at the end of the season and looked for a new gig after that.

Kelly could also catch fire as a hot coordinator after he calls plays for a top 10 national team who should play in the expanded playoffs.